• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

FT286

GNC

King-Sized Canary
Mine's is here! Nobody else got theirs yet? Haven't had a chance to settle down with it so far, but the dog-headed men article looks like a winner, very comprehensive.

The article on Sheldrake and his latest book is an interesting read - sure to infuriate Dawkinists :lol:

Synchronous said:
The article on Sheldrake and his latest book is an interesting read - sure to infuriate Dawkinists :lol:

The only thing more enjoyable than infuriating Dawkinists is infuriating Creastionists at the same time! :yeay:

DrWhiteface said:
Synchronous said:

The only thing more enjoyable than infuriating Dawkinists is infuriating Creastionists at the same time! :yeay:

:?: People who believe the world was made from a crease? ;)

Daftbugger1 said:
Is it just me, or is the 'ghost' photo just a reflection of the photographer? You can even see the black box of the camera.

You could be right, the cloud face is more convincing further down the page.

The dog-headed men article was excellent - until the last part, which glossed over the modern day sightings too briefly as if they ran out of space. Our thread on the subject here has more to say.

Not sure about the Wired for God article, and frankly I'm surprised there's a part 2 next issue. I'd rather have seen a two-part DHM one!

Nice to see the return of letters from mad people, with the chap conversing with wasps and ants. If this actually works, then I'll willingly eat my words.

Mine came today. I've already read the DHM article. :D

I've read that too. I thought it was right up your street, Scargy.

Synchronous said:
DrWhiteface said:
Synchronous said:

I did mean Creationists, but if there are people out there who think the world was made from a crease, I shudder to think where the crease is!

DrWhiteface said:
Synchronous said:
DrWhiteface said:
Synchronous said:

I did mean Creationists, but if there are people out there who think the world was made from a crease, I shudder to think where the crease is!

:lol: Doesn't bear thinking about!

Synchronous said:
DrWhiteface said:
Synchronous said:
DrWhiteface said:
Synchronous said:

:lol: Doesn't bear thinking about!

Sounds like a trip to the Dry Cleaners is needed! :lol:

gncxx said:
...Not sure about the Wired for God article, and frankly I'm surprised there's a part 2 next issue...
I actually quite enjoyed this and am looking forward to part 2.

nude penises alert page 79 ... seven in number, all hand-drawn !

Does everyone have different copies to me. I can't see any!

HenryFort said:
nude penises alert page 79 ... seven in number, all hand-drawn !

I was looking forward to the penis parade, only to find it was a cartoon...

DrWhiteface said:
Synchronous said:
DrWhiteface said:
Synchronous said:

Wasn't that what the last Torchwood series was all about?

Just finished this months, was thinking it was an ok issue but nothing special when BANG!!!, i read the fortean traveler article, that's what i love about the FT,dragging my attention to something so amazing that i had never heard about before.

titch said:
Just finished this months, was thinking it was an ok issue but nothing special when BANG!!!, i read the fortean traveler article, that's what i love about the FT,dragging my attention to something so amazing that i had never heard about before.

Haven't read the travel article yet, looking forward to it now.

Dog headed men gave paws for thought.

Liked the Sheldrake article.

Death on the 13th floor was intriguing, grounds for thinking this wasn't suicide.

The Legacy of the Gods review was classic, carefully built up his case for giving the book zero.

Victorian Occultism and The Man who was Never Shakespeare both look as if they would be good reads, on my list.

Many books were given a FTBS price of £42, even when the regular price was
£12, £12.95, £23.95.

Loved the Zombie singer.

The Obama on Mars was a howl.

I agree with Titch, FT is always worth a read, as it expands the mind regarding things I've never heard of before! It's a real education!

As for the Obama On Mars story, is there any conspiricy theory people won't cook up about him? What next, he's actually a Time Lord?

DrWhiteface said:
I agree with Titch, FT is always worth a read, as it expands the mind regarding things I've never heard of before! It's a real education!

As for the Obama On Mars story, is there any conspiricy theory people won't cook up about him? What next, he's actually a Time Lord?

Obama is really the son of Patrice Lumumba and Jane Fonda. A long term Liberal plot.

Meh on a 2nd read i have found some serious flaws in this months mag, the phallic rock is just a rock, the angel showering phallic arrows onto a women looks more like a women who is dead and a young girl laughing at her, and the penis parade..well they are tiny, you would have to squint really hard to get a good look, i mean i am tiny but bigge...*cough* And next month Titanic...the worlds worst maritime disaster...no it wasn't!!

Regarding next months anniversary of the Titanic, I did read a report that there was going to be a cruise following the Titanic route, with period dress, and the same menu that the Titanic had - I have a bad feeling about this...

It's unlikely to run I to trouble, there's hardly any arctic ice left.

Yes, I know. Cheap gag. Rising sea temperatures will cause more icebergs, at least in the short term, but still... More seriously, we have better ways of spotting hazards, and avoiding them, plus better evacuation and rescue procedures. But that wouldn't be funny.?

I'd like a rerun of the Hindenburgs last flight. This time inflated with Helium.

ramonmercado said:
I'd like a rerun of the Hindenburgs last flight. This time inflated with Helium.
Actually, a rerun with exactly the same ship would be interesting. There seems to have been a "perfect storm", to use a hackneyed old cliche, of conditions.

Of course, it might be tempting fate, and helium would be safer, as would a synthetic envelope, and proper earthing methods used before docking.

jimv1 said:
DrWhiteface said:
Synchronous said:
DrWhiteface said:
Synchronous said:

Wasn't that what the last Torchwood series was all about?

Lol aye; loved it.

Anome_ said:
ramonmercado said:
Actually, a rerun with exactly the same ship would be interesting. There seems to have been a "perfect storm", to use a hackneyed old cliche, of conditions.

Of course, it might be tempting fate, and helium would be safer, as would a synthetic envelope, and proper earthing methods used before docking.

And given the standards of the media today, it'd be a lack of humanity with their tendency to syrupy sentitmentality...

Back