• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

FT288

Timble2

Imaginary Person
FT288 just appeared. includes:

To Kill a Vampire - the provenance of those vampire killing kits

Vampire Autopsies

The Men who Invented Dracula - how the count ended up on the tourist map.

Ancient animals

Do we face an epidemic of mass hysteria?

Living with the lycanthropes (folks who think they are vamps, werewolves or whatevers)

Master of Mystery;death in a locked room. The fiction of John Dickson Carr.

Blasts from the past: Eve the snake woman of Virginia

Fortean Bureau of Investigation: Creatures of the night

All the usual Strange Days features

Got mine, and had a quick look so far. Did read the letters page, and the IHTM is a bumper crop, liked the Mothman's revenge (he has the scar to prove it!) but the "pumpkin head" sounded a bit like the car brushed past a tree on a windy day.

The tiny object that bloke found on his hand looks like a very small picture of a tree. Could it be mislaid jewelry of some kind?

Mine's here, will be saving it up for the torture machines at the gym. :D

I'm really enjoying it this month.

gncxx said:
The tiny object that bloke found on his hand looks like a very small picture of a tree. Could it be mislaid jewelry of some kind?
That's been screwing with my head all morning...

Just finished this, a really good issue I thought, all the vampire articles were interesting without too much crossover in their specifics. The 2012 column had it in for Whitley Steiber, though... The Wolfen was a good read, wasn't it? OK, that was over thirty years ago.

The woman who keeps eating sofas... good grief.

gncxx said:
Just finished this, a really good issue I thought, all the vampire articles were interesting without too much crossover in their specifics. The 2012 column had it in for Whitley Steiber, though... The Wolfen was a good read, wasn't it? OK, that was over thirty years ago.

The woman who keeps eating sofas... good grief.

Haven't got 288 yet but The Wolfen was great.

Loving all the IHTM stories in this months. My fave was the man who saw someone fall from the sky, as with all my fave IHTM's it was really mundane, but totally baffling!

I agree that the tiny piece of metal the guy found on his hand looks like a little tree. Part of a watch perhaps?

Also, really enjoyed the Mothman story.

A excellent issue, i think the Randi article should have been a few lines if we had to know at all, it seemed more like putting the boot into somebody while they are down to me, and i was disappointed to read that blue eyes have their origin near the black sea 8000 years ago,i was hoping us blue eyed devils where out of Africa. :D

I have been to the caves of nerja twice and didn't see any rock art

:oops:

The enfield pooltergoost article was really interesting and i would like to hear what rover has to say about it, i loved all the vamp articles, pls pls pls may i have a vampire killing kit for Christmas? and it was rounded off nicely by the staue of the knight and the boy. :)

Fluttermoth said:
I'm really enjoying it this month.

gncxx said:
That's been screwing with my head all morning...
Really? I think it's obviously an LRF (Little Rubber Foot) I had one stuck to me recently, I quickly realised it had come off the door of my new medicine cabinet - to stop the door from closing noisily. They are also on the bottom of laptops and all sorts of things.
This one appears to have some metallic paint still on the back.

Having just come back from a holiday in Queensland, I had hoped my copy would be waiting for me, but, alas! It hasn't arrived yet, and I envy all with their copy!

I rather liked the cover this month - one of the best for a while...

I thought 286 was best, with the Dog Headed Man (Anubis?) on the cover.

47Forteans said:
I thought 286 was best, with the Dog Headed Man (Anubis?) on the cover.
thought that was a bit of a -mysteries of the unexplained- coffee table book cover ... vampire killing kit appealed to me because i have thing for cases ... esp with stuff like that in them ... vampire autopsies great piece

I admit that if I leave FT lying about, people will say "You don't believe in that bullshit, do you?", and I have to explain that, no, I don't believe in it, but I have an interest in it" and they just look at me as if I've admited a strange perversion (stranger than usual, at least!)

47Forteans said:
...and they just look at me as if I've admited a strange perversion (stranger than usual, at least!)
I often get that when I tell people I regularly go to Hayle to photograph the bridge being built there!

rynner2 said:
47Forteans said:
...and they just look at me as if I've admited a strange perversion (stranger than usual, at least!)
I often get that when I tell people I regularly go to Hayle to photograph the bridge being built there!

Eventually you'll get aphoto of the Troll moving in.

ramonmercado said:
rynner2 said:
47Forteans said:

Eventually you'll get a photo of the Troll moving in.

Who'll be a regular poster on this site, I shouldn't wonder...

Back