• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

FT290

Bought a copy today :?

Thought the photo of the aftermath of the face-eating assault was unnecessary.

WhistlingJack said:
Bought a copy today :?

Thought the photo of the aftermath of the face-eating assault was unnecessary.

Indeed, for a moment I thought I'd accidently been sent a copy of Bizarre.

If my copy hasn't arrived by Monday, I'll have to go out and buy a copy!

If your copies don't arrive and your subscription hasn't run out - phone 'em up! It works! Alternatively, e-mail them.

Most of the time it's just an age for them to arrive in the mail - unless it's issue 271, which there were problems with that issue not arriving!

When do the digital editions become available? My Ipad hasn't shown it to be available yet....

I'd definitely recommend hunting this issue down...there's a blinding photo in it.

47Forteans said:
ramonmercado said:
47Forteans said:
Still haven't received my copy...

Tasmanian Tiger ate it.

I hate it when that happens!

Saw a good film about a Tasmanian Tiger: The Hunter:

THE HUNTER
DANIEL NETTHEIM

Willem Dafoe, an actor who somehow always seems a man apart, is spot-on casting in this engrossing Australian drama as a calculating hired gun covertly employed by a corporate biotech outfit to track down the rarest of prey.

The last Tasmanian tiger died in a zoo in 1936, but unconfirmed sightings have drawn Dafoe to a remote corner of the Antipodes posing as a university researcher as he searches for this near-mythical creature and its valuable DNA. Tracing the elusive beast proves but one of his problems however, as he finds himself increasingly involved in the lives of his hosts, a family torn apart by the ecological tensions gripping the area, where activists and loggers are lined up in conflict.

Drawn along by the suspense element in Dafoe’s deadly mission, the film becomes an involving study in moral integrity and shifting values, beautifully directed and photographed to maximise an immersive sense of place. An unusual and ultimately haunting piece of cinema, screening here for best results on 35mm film rather than digital format. (Notes by Trevor Johnston.)

102 MINUTES, AUSTRALIA, 2011, COLOUR, ANAMORPHIC, DOLBY DIGITAL STEREO, 35MM
http://www.ifi.ie/film/the-hunter-2/

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... gfB9kebFNI

Sergeant_Pluck said:
When do the digital editions become available? My Ipad hasn't shown it to be available yet....
290 was out very soon after the print version.

291, on the other hand, hasn't turned up yet.

gncxx said:
If your copies don't arrive and your subscription hasn't run out - phone 'em up! It works! Alternatively, e-mail them.

Having emailed to say my copy hasn't arrived, I've been emailed back saying a replacement copy has been sent out and should be in my hot little hands in the next five to seven days...

Just in time for issue 291 to arrive!

47Forteans said:
gncxx said:

Having emailed to say my copy hasn't arrived, I've been emailed back saying a replacement copy has been sent out and should be in my hot little hands in the next five to seven days...

Just in time for issue 291 to arrive!

Glad to hear it. FT are really quite helpful if you have a problem, in my experience.

No other magazine is as helpful - not to mention a cracking good read! - as Fortean Times! :D

Back