• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

FT294

Heckler20 said:
liveinabin1 said:
Am I alone in finding the American Hallowe'en article nothing more than an advertisement for a book?

No you are not. Some actual content to the article would've improved it somewhat.

Something did strike me as odd, I wonder if Tim Burton had ever seen the cover image as it starlingly resembles the Lock, Shock and Barrel characters from Nightmare Before Christmas.

Lock, Shock and Barrel! I thought that image looked familiar, but I couldn't figure out why it did! And I only saw the movie last week!

Been catching up on all the issues I've had piled up since last summer and I've noted a few articles that seem to be more promo for someone's book/film etc... recently.

Also, as a football fan I have to take real umbrage with Brian J Robb's opinion that the 2010 FIFA World Cup was ALL about Paul the Octopus. If the event was ALL about any non-sporting entity it was the vuvuzela.

Paul the Octopus was nothing more than a side-story to the main event, to say otherwise is plainly ridiculous.

Back