• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

FT295

Given the hype of this IHTM letter, I can't wait for my copy to arrive! :roll:

I thought the animal coverage was particularly strong, this issue. Injured wild animals turning up at the vets, or wildlife refuges, to get patched up. Tame Russian silver foxes. Who wouldn't want to have one of those as a pet?

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought that long letter was utter drivel. Why was it there?

I enjoyed the ABC coverage, this issue, as well. The various sightings of ABC on islands around the British Isles and the sightings of improbable 'lions' versus the slightly more possible, puma-like beasties.

Tantalising, as always. :)

I was looking forward to the long letter in IHTM, but having read it yesterday, I am at a loss as to its meaning and why it was included - perhaps they were just filling in space because there were no other interesting letters to include?

47Forteans said:
I was looking forward to the long letter in IHTM, but having read it yesterday, I am at a loss as to its meaning and why it was included - perhaps they were just filling in space because there were no other interesting letters to include?

I think it was a sort of memoir, maybe thats why I liked it.

Haven't got to the ABC articles yet.

ramonmercado said:
47Forteans said:

If I want dull, self-indulgent piffle, I'd watch Parliament Question Time!

47Forteans said:
ramonmercado said:
47Forteans said:

I couldn't agree more, number 47, which is what pushed me to ask what it was doing in IHTM. Maybe we need a new section in the mag called
"When I were a lad, and I'm going back a few years now" or "Did I ever tell you of the time.."

los_grandes_lutz said:
47Forteans said:
ramonmercado said:
47Forteans said:

I couldn't agree more, number 47, which is what pushed me to ask what it was doing in IHTM. Maybe we need a new section in the mag called
"When I were a lad, and I'm going back a few years now" or "Did I ever tell you of the time.."

If we can have Classical Corner, why not a Dull Ramblers Corner as well? Starting with that letter!

I am like that now, but I know there is a time and a place for that sort of thing, and the letters page of FT ain't it! One rambles like that at dinner parties, Christmas Dinner, work parties, on public transport, etc!

Don't mind me, got dyslexic about FT issue numbers, now looking for FT257 not 295... the observations on FT's report on the Dracula mythos have now been moved to the issue in which the article actually apeared....(FT257)

Last edited:
Back