• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

FT296

liveinabin

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
I figured someone else would have posted this. Maybe they have and I'm not looking hard enough. It is midnight and I am posting this from my phone.

Still, alien abduction sex, but I've not got round to reading that yet.

What I actually came to say was, are proof readers expensive or on strike?
Nearly every page so far seems to have a typographical error. Not a spelling mistake but a sudden change of font or placeholder text not changed.

That over I shall go to sleep now.

liveinabin1 said:
I figured someone else would have posted this. Maybe they have and I'm not looking hard enough. It is midnight and I am posting this from my phone.

Still, alien abduction sex, but I've not got round to reading that yet.

What I actually came to say was, are proof readers expensive or on strike?
Nearly every page so far seems to have a typographical error. Not a spelling mistake but a sudden change of font or placeholder text not changed.

That over I shall go to sleep now.

Isn't FT short staffed right now? Did this happen for financial reasons?

Am keen to get my copy of this issue, it looks brilliant!

I don't see why they need proofreaders anyway - any mistakes are immediately and gleefully pointed out by the pseuds among the readership.

Mine arrived yesterday. I'm planning to enjoy it on the treadmill later. :D

Typos don't worry me too much if I'm interested in what I'm reading.

Mine arrived today and obviously I turned straight to the alien sex fiends. I didn't really, I went to Mythconceptions (nice to see it back), but I did read the cover article later and it was an interesting diversion, then got a lot more substantial when it started putting the boot into hypnotic regression, the Jacobs transcripts being especially damning. Top marks to whoever thought up the title (did it come first?)

Good IHTMs this issue too, the photograph looks like a trick of the light subconsciously setting off a religious experience, but the angel story on the same page is genuinely eerie.

Read a bit more. I'm sure he wouldn't be insulted given his reputation, but Aleister Crowley's paintings look just one step up from potato prints to me.

gncxx said:
Good IHTMs this issue too, the photograph looks like a trick of the light subconsciously setting off a religious experience, but the angel story on the same page is genuinely eerie.

Yeah, if you look at the top of the window you can see that the pattern of the frame matches the ghostly figure.

DrWhiteface said:
Look forward to my copy arriving in the land of Aus!

Anyone in Australia got theirs yet? I've noticed the issue due out around Christmas is always the slowest to arrive.

DougalLongfoot said:
DrWhiteface said:
Look forward to my copy arriving in the land of Aus!

Anyone in Australia got theirs yet? I've noticed the issue due out around Christmas is always the slowest to arrive.

No sign of it in the Emerald Isle either.

Christmas is the busiest time for mail, so that's probably the reason.

Still waiting for mine as well to arrive in Australia. But with a house to clean, and food to prepare for Chirstmas, I won't be reading FT until about 27 December. Unless the world ends tomorrow, which is won't...

Also still waiting for my copy to arrive in Australia. Bet it's been delayed due to the ammount of Chirstmas mail going through the system at the moment...

Got mine. In the reviews the book The Lancashire Witches looks interesting, as does The Million Death Quake.

Obit of Rev Moon: the japanese tortured him as a suspected communist; the North Koreans tortured him for spreading falsehoods. That would drive anyone a bit odd.

I ended up buying a copy of the current issue today, whilst out Christmas Shopping. Have set FT aside until Boxing Day, as there's too much to do before Christmas...

Yet another article about Aliester Crowley being a strange man with strange ideas...

Back