• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

FT298

liveinabin

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
Just arrives at Bin Towers.

Russian Yetis
Bigfoot of Tunbridge Wells
New-Age Wildman

Phantom Hitchhikers
Scottish Mermaids
Cannibal Fishermen

Got mine too, not had a chance to open it yet - I'll tackle it tomorrow.

With Scottish mermaids and cannibal fishermen, of course you'll takcle it tomorrow! ;)

I was certainly reeled in this afternoon, the Russian Yeti stuff was an interesting take on a section of the mystery I didn't know much about, the rampaging thylacine in Britain, hmm, maybe, more mourning dogs or maybe dogs who happen to like graveyards and couldn't give a toss about who's buried there, hard to say.

IHTM was a bit vague and disappointing (one guy seemed to think it was a short story competition) and only two letters pages! Although I did like the missive about The Power of Pluto, sounds like a throwaway remark which grew and grew in the correspondent's mind as the years went by, but no less interesting for that.

I knew Marilu Henner had a photographic memory, but didn't know it was so rare.

I've not read much of it yet, sunday night is bath night after all. However, maybe I am being a bit over sensitive, but I wasn't keen on the baby story in the strange deaths. I know its about people dying and if I have an issue with that then I shouldn't be reading that section, but it just didn't sit well with me.
Anyone else?

To be honest I found all of the Strange Deaths section this issue to be particularly gruesome, not only the baby story. But it is a death, and it is strange, so I suppose it was valid, nobody said the section had to be humorous. It certainly wasn't this issue.

Is it just me, or does the yeti on this months cover look like that mugalato (sic) monster from TOS Star Trek?

47Forteans said:
Is it just me, or does the yeti on this months cover look like that mugalato (sic) monster from TOS Star Trek?

It does! Its not white either.

Given the lack of chatter about this issue, it would seem that this issue is rather tame...

Plenty of chatter about the cover in the cryptozoology forums...

The car on a window ledge...

Come on, 30 seconds of looking at it and you can see the windows are all one and clearly a fibre-glass, or similar, replica.

35 seconds of looking will reveal that there is only half a car there. Look at the width of the ledge! Really, we are to believe that is a full-size hatchback in a space about 1m wide at most?

Clearly some kind of art installation or an auto enthusiast with a sense of humour and a bit of creativity...

They admitted they'd been duped by an advertising stunt in the latest issue. Happens to us all.

I'm three issues behind, thanks for spoiling my July reading... ;)

That said wasn't the 'Phantom Menace' ghost also published in FT?

Back