• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

FT302

At the risk of having my subscription replaced with a box of broken barn eggs, I have to add my two pence worth.

The Diana's Damned Dresses was a Disaster. The main story revolved around two owners of her dresses who got into financial difficulty through (allegedly) fiddling expenses or not paying taxes. That doesn't qualify as a curse, that's just getting caught.Then the last example losses her money in property deals! Why does that make it a curse. What can we expect in future? The curse of organised crime! Most of the crime bosses are in jail?

But what really really got my goat, was the letter in "What happened to me" titled, Star of Bethlehem. As I understand it, woman walks into shop, tells shop assistant that the assistant needs Star of Bethlehem. Woman leaves and later returns with something that she has bought for the shop assistant. The something, that she has brought back contains...... ta ta taaaaaaa Star of Bethlehem.

Really! Have we covered all the usable fortean events of the known world. So that now we are reduced to using these.

I await my broken eggs

I applaud your clarity of thought on both points. You're awarded a Faberge Egg instead!

The Hierophant's Apprentice has asked me to pass on the following communication:

An entity calling itself Draenog writes on
the FTMB re: FT302 as follows:

I loved the HA's animal mutilations article, until I got to the line about 'perverts and deviants and pagans of various stripes, who found, and find, entertainment in hacking at dead animals'

It's not often I get offended, especially about religion, but I do have to wonder whether the Hierophant's Apprentice genuinely believes that hurting a living creature is in any way a pagan thing. I would argue it's about as far from average pagan behaviour as you could get. Yes, every faith our belief has its nutters, but the language used paints a very broad stripe across pagans in general, and leaves a sour taste.

Note that the article mentioned that said "perverts and deviants and pagans" may have hacked at "dead animals", as Draenog correctly quotes it. According to Kagan & Summers, the various veterinary pathologists in the US who examined mutilated carcases all concluded that those that had been hacked at with sharp instruments, and not just chewed, had been attacked after death from natural causes. This is why I wrote of dead animals. So why does Draenog think I wrote about live ones? Incidentally I have only the vaguest of ideas as to what pagans get up to in their free time, but now wonder what characterizes an "average" pagan. Not having a day job as an Aztec priest, presumably.

los_grandes_lutz said:
DrWhiteface said:
I applaud your clarity of thought on both points. You're awarded a Faberge Egg instead!

Thank you kindly. However I don't think I could eat a whole one :D

You shouldn't eat a whole one, it will ruin your appetite!

Dr_David_Sutton said:
An entity calling itself Draenog...

How marvellous - not only a response to my feedback, but also one delivered in the HA's own inimitable air of detatched superiority. Thank you :lol:

Point taken on the living/dead status of the animals in question. Schrodinger should have pointed that out to me...

Dr_David_Sutton said:
No, it's shit. I wouldn't bother. Go and buy some eggs instead.

Sadly, that is very close to the truth. This issue is lacking that certain something, it just seems a little flat this time round.

Steve1 said:
Dr_David_Sutton said:
No, it's shit. I wouldn't bother. Go and buy some eggs instead.

Sadly, that is very close to the truth. This issue is lacking that certain something, it just seems a little flat this time round.

While this issue was flat, evey issue since then has been a belter!

Back