• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

FT307

GNC

King-Sized Canary
Mine's is here, on a Friday too. Anyone else? Haven't had a chance to so much as skim it yet, but it is very conspiracy theory heavy, with a spooky, almost all-black cover. With any luck I'll dive in at the weekend.

Mine arrived today, looks good. :D

Mine arrived today too. Great as usual.

One niggle, due to the double cover, the pages are *very* loose, almost detached from the spine. I'm handling it with care!

Mine arrived today! Only had a chance to read the editorial and IHTM so far, but skimming through the rest it looks promising.

One thing I'm not happy with though...I saw the cover and thought it was quite an unusual design for FT. Opened it up and there's a second cover inside. Okay, maybe it's a clever statement about the dual nature of conspiracies or something, that's cool. Then I get to the very back of the mag and realised it's not a cover at all, it's an advert. And what's more there's a shameful plug for the product in the editorial!

Oh come on FT, please don't tell me you've sold out :(

ofc they have sold out. THEY ALL WORK FOR MI6!!

Read the two main conspiracy articles this afternoon, the review of the JFK books was a bit like librarian's magazine material, but useful to chart the theories I suppose, the ker-ay-zee CTs was entertaining, but I don't find these things as amusing as I used to when it seems three quarters of the internet believes the most terrible bullshit now. Makes you nostalgic for the good old days of JFK, really, a CT you could trust.

Incidentally, the Terminator 2 tree stump on the letters pages looks strangely like a door to me. And the bloke who wrote the interesting Denver Airport article has two names. Is he covering his tracks?

I couldn't see anything more than a door in the tree stump either. But then I've not seen the Terminator films............

I have to say that I found the main articles in this issue really rather dull, but then I'm not interested in conspiracy theories. I see this as a trade off for the times there is a great issue when I am interested in everything.

Forteana is a very broad church.

ramonmercado said:
Pietro_Mercurios said:
ramonmercado said:
Pietro_Mercurios said:
My copy turned up today. :)

I thought Mods were first to get them; delivered by Flying Monkeys.
The flying monkeys are too busy posting smart-ass comments.

Heh, heh. Must fly now.

Flying monkeys are so last century! You won't believe what we Modern Folk are using these days! And far more reliable than the Royal Mail,,,

Regarding the "missing" sign post photo on page 69, there is a noticable change of angle in the two pictures, which might account for the "missing" sign post.

Yes, I agree. Can't see any mystery there. :lol:

I've taken more mysterious pictures myself, including one where Techy's face has been replaced by a smooth, featureless metallic mask. :shock:

There was also the infamous trouser orb photo, which appeared to show an ectoplasmic member emerging from the fly of his finest golfing kegs.

While the camera never lies, individual pixels can get a bit confused. ;)

rather prosaic photo but i dont see how the camera angle could account ...

I noticed that the angle changed too, but I agree, I don't see how that would account for the missing sign.

On closer inspection, the change in angle wouldn't explain the missing sign - photoshop seems the best explanation.

The "missing" sign is hardly Fortean by any stretch of the imagination. A few moments with Photoshop and anything can disappear!

Would like to hear what the person who sent in the picture has to say about this...

Also why bother to take a picture of your child, twice, in such a depressing location?

Well of course every odd photo, and most stories, can easily be explained if you assume the person who had the experience is lying. There could easily be some personal reason to take pics with the signpost, some sort of family tradition. And now that nobody has to pay for film everybody takes multiple shots to cherrypick the best. It looks weird to me.

The weirdest thing about the issue, though, is that I got it during the same month as y'all! I'm always one or even two issues behind.

Re; Mythbuster question about the nutrients in peel. One nutrient you definitely lose when you peel fruits and vegetables is insoluble fiber, which may be loosely defined as the outsides of plants. The insides of plants are made up of soluble fiber. Insoluble fiber may be processed until it becomes soluble.

These two nutrients affect your digestion. If you're constipated, you want more insoluble fiber in your diet - so, greens and onions (plants which have no insides, only outsides), potatoes in their jackets, fruits with the peel on. If you're having the opposite problem, however, you need soluble fiber - so greens and onions only in purees, peeled fruits and tubers, one of the few times when highly-processed food (grains turned into pasta, instant oatmeal rather than whole oats, whipped potatoes - leave out the butter and gravy, though, as fat goes right through you at such times).

The more you process foods, the more all the nutrients in them break down; however, many items, if you don't process them a little bit (most efficiently, by cooking) are too tough for our human digestive tracts to break down enough to extract all the nutrients. Except for parasite concerns, you can eat liver raw and get all the good of it, because it's already so soft and the nutrients in it have been pre-processed by the animal. You can actually get too much doing this. (Never eat carnivore liver - you'll absorb dangerous amounts of Vitamin A!)

I haven't seen this issue on sale anywhere and my sources are usually reliable. :(

Having said that when I can remember what my online newsagent is called that I sometimes buy from if all else fails I can get it as a back copy. I wish i could subscribe again...

I felt that the Conspiracy movie was mentioned way too much. Not so much the wrap-around ad over the front cover, and the fake article (or 'advertorial')on pg 28/29, but do we need to have this movie plugged in the editorial, the conspiracy cinema article and and article in the forum section titled 'Mithraism and The Conspiracy'?

I get that plugs and advertorials are necessary but it feels cheap to see a product hawked throughout the magazine in the regular articles too.

I assumed the tree-stump door that was meant to look like the Terminator was a mistake. Guess, I'll find out when I get caught up to 308!

Also, the disappearing sign, that has to be a Photoshop... very easily done on that kind of background.

Back