• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

FT310

I was begining to wonder that, but then I thought with New Years Day a public holiday, and the Christmas backlogue in the mail system, FT might be delayed just a bit! Hope it comes through soon, sick of seeing tennis and cricket (even though Australia has beaten England, always a good thing!) on the telly, and I've already read all the books I got for Christmas!

I've bought some nice books in the sales to tide me over. ;)

One is a CSI:Whitechapel treatment of the Ripper murders, £3.99 or something from The Works. Full of photos, reconstructions, you name it, plenty to keep me happy. 8)

Glad I am not the only one waiting for 310! I was stating to worry!

Should be the end of this week, I think (without checking).

I can't see a "Coming Next Month" near the back of 309.

I renewed my subscription in December, and it said I was due the next issue at the end of January. I hope this means 310 and not that I'm going to miss an issue!

Urvogel said:
I renewed my subscription in December, and it said I was due the next issue at the end of January. I hope this means 310 and not that I'm going to miss an issue!

The arrive 4 weekly, so I would expect 310 in the next few days and the 311 and the end of January..

Waiting eagerly for my copy to arrive - and two issues this month! :spinning Bliss! :likee:

I think it should have been out on January 2nd but no sign of it so far. I'll be in town tomorrow so I'll check then.

The wait is over.

All the usual stuff plus :

Colin Wilson obit
Spring-Heeled Jack And Jack the Ripper
Weird Weekend
Charismatic religion
History of British Forteans
Blavatsky
Occulture

Heard you the first time. :roll:

(sulking 'cos mine's not 'ere yet. :evil: )

:lol:

ramonmercado said:
escargot1 said:
Heard you the first time. :roll:

(sulking 'cos mine's not 'ere yet. :evil: )

:lol:

He got your copy as well.

Think he has my copy as well!

(Flounces out of room in sulk, eats chocolate, feels better!)

Mine arrived today too, read the rather good Spring-Heeled Jack article waiting for my dinner to heat tonight. Really interesting to get such high quality historical context for the mystery.

For one of the few times I'm afraid I couldn't make out the simulacra (top one) in the letters page. Just looked like a blob to me.

Mine's here but I've been too busy to look at it. :(

Last night I was hoping to settle down with it, but as we happened upon a 5 litre keg of Old Speckled Hen for a bargainous £10 I'm afraid no serious reading was done. :lol:

escargot1 said:
Last night I was hoping to settle down with it, but as we happened upon a 5 litre keg of Old Speckled Hen for a bargainous £10 I'm afraid no serious reading was done. :lol:

5 Litres! As in about 15 pints (give or take)? I can imagine no serious anything took place.

Mumble mumble, Daily Mail were right, mumble mumble, binge drinkers, youth of today etc.

It's nearly 9 pints.

Well, was. :(

A lovely drink, no sign of a hangover this morning. :D

Forteana requires a clear mind - avoid the Demon Drink! :devil: :_pished: :yeay:

The cynical might say that without the demon drink, there wouldn't be much Forteana. ;)

Anyway, how's this for Fortean: when I bought the barrel of beer the supervisor had to be called to authorise such a huge discount. Seemed a bit rum to me as the £10 case of cider that I also bought didn't attract that attention.

The bill on the day seemed a bit low too but hey, it's Asda.
However, having just found the receipt I noticed that I was only charged £1 for the beer, not ten!

:yeay:

No, there was only the one barrel and yes, I'd have bought a couple more even at a tenner.

My question is - if a parcel from a friend in England can be posted on 3 January 2014 and arrive in Sydney, Australia on 10 January 2014, why does my copy of Fortean Times take between two and three weeks to arrive? :furious:

So, if it takes a while to get across the pond, as it were, Australian subscribers have no real hope of getting their issue early! :cry:

No Strange Deaths column in this issue, and no look back at this month ten, twenty, thirty, forty years coumn either - both of which I look forward to reading! Also, no "Next Month" preview column again!

Please Explain!

Back