• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

FT316

Heckler

The unspeakable mass
Rollo Ahmed on the cover, a review of Re-Animator from the rev.

More Barney and Betty Hill business.

Other stuff.

Mine came a day or to ago, possibly Friday, and I hid it until such a time as I deserve to read it after some heavy garden digging/flagging.

escargot1 said:
Mine came a day or to ago, possibly Friday, and I hid it until such a time as I deserve to read it after some heavy garden digging/flagging.

Did you bury it?

Mine arrived on Saturday, but I kept forgetting to mention it. Am about halfway through it, the Ahmed article is incredibly well researched, so I'll forgive the way it goes off at tangents. The mass hysteria book sounds very interesting, but I have too much to read at the moment I'm afraid.

I'll have to dig mine out and read it. :lol:

Hey, nice Aetherius Society full page ad in this issue. Are they making a comeback?

I enjoyed the article about the Human Fly more than I expected to. I'd never heard of him.

Just purchased a copy of the Black Art by Rollo Ahmed on the back of the article, the idea of a fifties twee view of the Occult is simply delicious.

Waiting for my copy to arrive - and this one looks like a corker!

The item about a flowery scent arising before a traumatic event was a bit, well, tenuous.

Periodically smelling something that isn't there might suggest a neurological issue, especially as the nature of the impending event of which it 'warns' it seems to change over time. Unease brought about by the phantom scent could be another symptom.

I'd tactfully suggest that this person sees a doctor. Or they might at least google focal seizures in the temporal lobes.

But that's just me. ;)

DrWhiteface said:
Waiting for my copy to arrive - and this one looks like a corker!

A corker? That's how people describe "Wines And Spirits" magazine! :D

PeteByrdie said:
I enjoyed the article about the Human Fly more than I expected to. I'd never heard of him.

it was interesting, a bit of mystery added in as well.

Liked the rollo article, I'll track down some of his work.

Dazed & confused is also a definite to buy (might wait for the pb though). I've had a particular interest in the Afghan cases. One of these the Taliban really will gas a girls school.

Heavy Metal Plummeting is a great example of explaining some cases rather than explaining them away. Remember at school I once forgot to take a tightening key from a lathe. Result: flying metal.

The Battery vid is reviewed, pretty good low budget Zombie movie.

Goal Of The Dead (another zombie flick) only gets 4/10 but given the subject matter I think I'll track it down online. Probably about Suarez.

The pic on the Ghostwatch column: was the bloke a heavy smoker, perchance?

Never heard of the Human Fly - good article! That's the thing about FT, it always brings something new to the people! :D

I liked the Apprentice article about alien abduction. It was so interesting to read about the differences.

I used to love reading alien abduction books, so that article was a trip down memory lane. They lost their appeal when they became homogenous in later years.

gncxx said:
I used to love reading alien abduction books, so that article was a trip down memory lane. They lost their appeal when they became homogenous in later years.

Sadly my interest in UFOs has tapered off as well. Maybe its the signal to noise ratio.

ramonmercado said:
gncxx said:

Sadly my interest in UFOs has tapered off as well. Maybe its the signal to noise ratio.

There's only so much one can read before one feels a conclusion should by now be apparent. My interest waned as each case I read about added nothing either very new or concrete. I still love Jenny Randles explorations of the subject in FT, though. Whether it's her writing style or deep understanding of the nuances of the subject, or just the vast amount of supportive data she seems to have access to, hers is the voice I tend to respect most.

Why is there no variation in aliens visiting? Is it because we've all been exposed to the little grey men in movies (think Paul) or tv (think Stargate SG1) that people who claim to be abducted can't think up something more original?

There used to be plenty of variation, but it all became stuck with the same template after a while thanks to certain researchers pushing their own agendas.

Does anyone recall any instance of human bones being found in modern bridges?

I'm thinking along the lines of the 60s 70s urban legend of gangsters depositing victims in the concrete of motorway bridges as they were being built.

Given that in recent years with motorway expansions requiring new bridges to be built it would seem likely that if this ever happened someone would have been found in the rubble of an old bridge as it was being removed.

I believe you're thinking of Jimmy Hoffa who was, rumour had it, buried in a concrete motorway foundation. Turns out he wasn't (though we still don't know what did happen). The original version of The Wicker Man is supposedly propping up a flyover.

Back