• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

FT331

No Classical Corner, either!
I find Classical Corner hit and miss. When it's good, it's very good, but sometimes I struggle through it. I would miss it if it went, but not as much as other features.

I used to try and read it then find I wasn't taking any of it in, but over time and perseverance I now get something out of it. I know it's been the cause of a lot of grumbling, however.

I used to try and read it then find I wasn't taking any of it in, but over time and perseverance I now get something out of it. I know it's been the cause of a lot of grumbling, however.
I hadn't realised people had grumbled about the Classical Corner column. I think Barry Baldwin's style of writing takes a little getting used to. His scholarship seems inestimable, but I doubt I'd buy a book written by him.

I hadn't realised people had grumbled about the Classical Corner column. I think Barry Baldwin's style of writing takes a little getting used to. His scholarship seems inestimable, but I doubt I'd buy a book written by him.

Great scholarship but his writing style was rather opaque.

You can also rely on him for the only swear words in the mag, most issues.

Probably wrong place to ask, but as a subscriber how do I get my hands on the nice mugs on offer to the new subscribers? Great issue this month too - great variety of stories and another catchy cover

Unsubscribe, then re-subscribe, should get one then, unless some kindly soul has one that they're not using

My subscription FT331 finally arrived today. Was beginning to think my subs had lapsed. It had been delivered to my neighbours' house in error, they probably now think I'm a practicing satanist, UFO abductee or tinfoil hatted conspiracy theorist. So no change there.

My subscription FT331 finally arrived today. Was beginning to think my subs had lapsed. It had been delivered to my neighbours' house in error, they probably now think I'm a practicing satanist, UFO abductee or tinfoil hatted conspiracy theorist. So no change there.

Relax - you're among friends!

I haven't yet received FT331. I'm usually among the first to get it. At what point should I start getting worried, and what's the best way to chase it up?:(

Definitely give them a phone call. The only time mine never arrived, that's what got me a replacement promptly.

I can't stand Classical Corner because of his writing style. The subject is extremely interesting but I just can't read it and gave up forcing myself to try. I started reading a book review in (I think) this issue and got a few lines in before realizing it was him and moving onto something else.
Have to say the guy writing the new conspiracy section isn't very engaging either. I love conspiracy theories and enjoyed the old section but this new one....o_O

After waiting and waiting and finally making a phone call, I finally found my FT331 had arrived for me when I got home from work today. :glee: Admittedly, nothing jumps out at me this issue apart from the No Mortal Maid Am I article, but still, I'm sure it'll be full of gems.

Back