• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

FT334 - Fortellings

i found this issue to be the worst one i can ever remember, the black dahlia and a woolf in the fold where rambling nonsense. Only ghost watch and jenny randles reached the standards i expect from the FT

I liked the Black Dahlia article, and also the previous article by that writer, on the film Nosferatu.

I enjoyed all of this issue. I didn't like any of the articles enough to keep any (for only the second time since I've been cutting out and keeping articles in the last few years), but overall the articles consistently entertained me.

I liked the Black Dahlia article, and also the previous article by that writer, on the film Nosferatu.

I liked that article, too, simply because it was a subject I knew little about!

Interesting or not, all that senseless violence was a bit much in three articles, one after the other.

Interesting or not, all that senseless violence was a bit much in three articles, one after the other.
It was a bit grim. But as long as beguiling us with violence doesn't become a habit for FT, I think one murder themed issue is acceptable.

Let's hope there is a jolly themed issue in the works!

Let's hope there is a jolly themed issue in the works!

I saw a notice on twitter, from the editor, saying that the next issue of the FT is made up, and it has lots of GHOST stories, for Christmas.

What is it about ghost stories and Christmas? Is there a link besides a popular victorian novel? I mean, we've had Halloween just two months prior, yet Christmas is the time for ghost stories.

I liked the Black Dahlia article, including the sidebar stories. Ellroy novel was pretty good and the film was ok imho.

In the book Reviews, Meteorits looks interesting.

Film & DVD: I've sen Contracted, agree with review, good build up to Zombie Outbreak film. Same with Hard To Be A God, difficult film, full of crap, but not in a bad way.

The Black Dahlia movie made a farce out of a minor classic novel. For a good laugh, watch the bit with Fiona Shaw and the gun (not to spoil anything).

Hard to Be a God was strangely compelling, but I felt I needed to read a thesis afterwards to make sense of it.

I saw a notice on twitter, from the editor, saying that the next issue of the FT is made up, and it has lots of GHOST stories, for Christmas.

Ghost at Christmas? Didn't Doctor Who do that with that Dickens episode?

Just been taking a look at my issue, haven't read the Virginia Woolf article but did read the would-be cult leader one, where he and his family were slaughtered. All I can say is "bloody hell", what an unpleasant story, well written but unnerving that level of horrendous violence could take place in a supposedly civilised city street.

Re: Letters, what was the Runcorn paper thing about? In the illustration, the Rs are the right way around! In IHTM, the account of the lady who was left alone with her young son for months on end reminded me of one of the saddest stories I ever read on this board, from a young mother who was left alone and terrified in her house with her little girl every night and was convinced she was being haunted. She never got back to us, but that story, I dunno, my heart went out to her. Hope she had the happy ending this IHTM tale had.

I think it is just a quirk of the photo editing software. I've seen it myself sometimes that when resizing and changing the dimensions or proportion of the image some fonts can warp and look distorted.

Back