• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

FT335

The Christmas cover which you recall may be the one which featured an article on the "Star of Bethlehem". Very good stuff, very classic Fortean Times and excellent for Christmas.

I remember that one now you mention it. Three wise men on camels? That seems like a long time ago now.

Wait.
FT270%2Bcover%2Bcomparison.jpg

I've been a subscriber for years but...I don't remember ever seeing that before. It's NOT the image I had in my head at all! I have a (false!) memory of three camel riders on top of a hill, you know the classic image, but with a very blue background (kinda like here).
Weird! I'm sure I didn't ever read that issue.

I've looked, looked again, and thrice I've looked. I've squinted and turned the magazine this way and that. Can anyone else see the supposed 'cherubic face' on the window in this month's Simulacra Corner? Is this a joke to see how gullible we are, or an experiment to test whether people see whatever they're told to see in random images? Or should my 'check imagination' light be blinking?

Still waiting for 335. But I only finished 334 yesterday afternoon.

I've looked, looked again, and thrice I've looked. I've squinted and turned the magazine this way and that. Can anyone else see the supposed 'cherubic face' on the window in this month's Simulacra Corner? Is this a joke to see how gullible we are, or an experiment to test whether people see whatever they're told to see in random images? Or should my 'check imagination' light be blinking?

I thought I needed to look at that photo in better light, but obviously not! I could see no cherub either, was it lost in the printing process or was it extreme wishful thinking?

You can investigate 50 Berkeley Sq. in the company of no less than Charles Dickens whilst playing the latest Assassins Creed game. Really enjoyed this issue btw, good job too all in the Towers.

Mine arrived today. I see Stu Neville has become one of THEM.
A pedalo? A zombie? A member of UKIP? A Muslim? A Nessie Fraudster? An orthodox Jew?

Please tell me he's just doing gigs with the Wurzels!

A pedalo? A zombie? A member of UKIP? A Muslim? A Nessie Fraudster? An orthodox Jew?

He's become an amiable-looking Bristolian. Yarrrr! :D

Hes an agent of The Illuminati, dissing conspiracy theories.

That "cherubic face" looks more like "Forever Alone". Nice Forum piece by Stu, but "whistelblowers", really?

That "cherubic face" looks more like "Forever Alone". Nice Forum piece by Stu, but "whistelblowers", really?

The Cosmic Joker takes over the FT spellcheck, it's the only explanation.

My copy arrived today, but I've set it aside until all the Christmas cleaning is done...

Just noticed, that was a bit of a coup getting Leah Moore to review the 2000AD documentary. Even though she admits she's biased because she's in it, she's right, it's well worth seeing, not just for comics fans either.

this was an excellent issue, full of interest,the berkeley square article was a good piece of journalism, getting right to the start of the story and i never would have thought the cock lane story had anything new to be added, but i was pleasantly surprised, jenny randles was her normal thoughtful self ,the shadowman article was superb, it had just the right tone i want from the magazine and the readers letters were outstanding.

A big christmas drink to everybody involved in this issue :drink: (just pretend you haven't seen this post anywhere else)

this was an excellent issue, full of interest,the berkeley square article was a good piece of journalism, getting right to the start of the story and i never would have thought the cock lane story had anything new to be added, but i was pleasantly surprised, jenny randles was her normal thoughtful self ,the shadowman article was superb, it had just the right tone i want from the magazine and the readers letters were outstanding.

A big christmas drink to everybody involved in this issue :drink: (just pretend you haven't seen this post anywhere else)

Strong issue. Also enjoyed the shadow people article and Stu's too.

Now that Christmas is over for another year, I can finally relax with the best read ever! Shall spend the day in bed, read FT and eating chocolate...

Only if you provide your own chocolates! I never share my Coffee Creams!

Provided you bring your own coffee creams! I have peppermint and strawberry chocolates enough to share!

The ghost watch picture of the phantom bishop. Surely that is just the wall? You can see a curve in the beam that creates the hat and the line of the body matches near perfectly the line that the roof would take. Add a bit of blurring from the images camera phone quality and there you have it.

Back