• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

FT339

Shady

DEATHS Kitty
Just received this, thats a scary teddy on the cover :eek:
A nose for trouble: Pets that sniff out owners illnesses
Boring for Britain: Meet the nations dullest men
The XXX Files: Et sex and hybrid babies
Return to East Gate: Rendlesham Forest revisited

Big pharma conspiracy
Hedgehog myths
Yeti prints
Homing penguin

Talismanic Teddies
Scary Fairies and
You cant go gnome again

Got it here at Bin Towers too.
I assume we all got three symbols on the lucky ticket?

I got three cakes on one and two horses on another

Bit of a scoop on the letters pages with the sci-fi writer admitting to making up the latest UMMO controversy. Maybe that's what kicked it off in the first place?

Not sure about the editorial plugging the betting company gambling on when unpopular celebs will die. I don't like them either, but this is fighting fire with fire, and that never ends well.

No post until after Tuesday here, anyone notice if my letter made this issue? About my granddad's gnome sighting?

I assume we all got three symbols on the lucky ticket?
No, just you, I and @Shady. But seriously- I think it means we've been 'lucky' enough, potentially, to be as lucky as everyone else.

anyone notice if my letter made this issue? About my granddad's gnome sighting?
I don't think I can see any gnome letters. There is a fascinating and disturbing 'little blue man' article, but nothing notably gnome. (EDIT @Shady .....what is the "Can't go gnome" reference??)

The 'Tell Tale Eye' concept is again interestingly raised (note: @Mythopoeika ....as mentioned a couple of times here before by me, this is associatively connected with the Woodroffe story behind your forum name).

FT339 has only had a brief skim-read by me so far, but my favourite phrases currently are:
  • 'black widow envenomation'
  • 'Gut barging'
  • 'navel engagements without loss of semen'
  • 'Can a human become an urban fox?'

Last edited:
I think its the main title for the Searching for the lil blue man of Studham Common

I've enjoyed this issue more than any for a good long time. The only weak point for me was Charles Foster's forum piece 'Where the wild things are', which either was to deep or subtle for me to see any value in or otherwise was utter claptrap.

I see another review of a book about American giant skeletons and the Smithsonian. Is that book the reason for the resurrection of the thread on the subject? It looks more sober a book than that which reviewed a while back.

Mr Foster's book sounds... inter- wait a minute, did he really go through bins of an evening pretending to be a fox? Did he wear a suit like a furry? Hmm.

The Little Blue Man story was a new one on me, but might be my favourite thing in the whole issue. I wonder if it was the electrical conditions that caused hallucinations in the boys? Don't ask me how.

Anyone else get their copy yet? Still waiting for my copy to arrive at Chateaux Dinobot...

Mine hasn't arrived yet either, but there have been two public holidays (hence no mail) between publication and arrival...

Just received this, thats a scary teddy on the cover :eek:
A nose for trouble: Pets that sniff out owners illnesses
Boring for Britain: Meet the nations dullest men
The XXX Files: Et sex and hybrid babies
Return to East Gate: Rendlesham Forest revisited

Big pharma conspiracy
Hedgehog myths
Yeti prints
Homing penguin

Talismanic Teddies
Scary Fairies and
You cant go gnome again
That's the problem with hot girls. They're either-
1) Out of our league
2) Into bad boys
3) Or frolicking around with aliens

3) Or frolicking around with aliens
I was surprised at the two attractive young women who were FWBs with alien inseminators. I've seen a few of those TV programmes about women who have had alien children and they've almost invariably been overweight middle aged ladies with houses full of cats, crystals and dreamcatchers.

I was surprised at the two attractive young women who were FWBs with alien inseminators. I've seen a few of those TV programmes about women who have had alien children and they've almost invariably been overweight middle aged ladies with houses full of cats, crystals and dreamcatchers.
That just means the aliens have upped their game.

About the giant skeletons. (book review by Neil Rooney where he casts doubt on such things having happened to the claimed extent).

"Instead we are offered a race, or an élite section of our own race, tall, of course (people who average at about 7 feet/2 metres), formed in proportion, and lagely possessed of the same faculties and capacities as ourselves..."

Rooney deplores the fact that conclusive evidence to support the proposition seems not to be available.

Just a thought, but in fairly recent history, there is evidence that one European ruler, King Frederick of Prussia, systematically brought together the tallest people he could find, and conscripted the men into an elite army unit. To ensure a continual guaranteed supply of future giants, Frederick also engineered marriages between very tall men and very tall women - showing some grasp of what was needed in this regard.

So what if some future archaeologist were to excavate military graveyards from the 1700's where Frederick's unluckier giant guardsmen were buried after battles? Soldiers tend, if practicable, to be buried by regiment and corps in official cemetaries, after all.

And what of the descendents of those super-tall soldiers who were encouraged to marry very tall women, who would carry a very strong gene for creation of tall children? There is a proven history of German emigration to the USA, after all.

And what if Frederick of Prussia wasn't the first absolute ruler to have a yen for very tall soldiers, the organisational ability to collect them together, and some idea of how to make more of them? (Was Goliath the only such tall man in the Philistine army, for instance?) When very tall human remains are found - are we looking at earlier examples of the Frederick mentality?

Mine came over a week ago but I've only dipped in and out. Would like to go to bed and read it but my wee boy is in there watching Peppa Pig cos he's not tired!

Yes you're right

Yes you're right

I was amazed as well. Attractive athletic looking women being shagged by Aliens?!

Some interesting books in Reviews: Giants On Record, given the current debate here I might get it; Bad UFOs, should be good for debates; Suspicious Minds on why peopke believe conspiracy theories.

In Necrolog, Binkie Braithwaite sounds like an ace merry prankster, inventor of the Ancient Art Of Gut Banging".

After a hellish day at work, I was glad to see my copy of FT sticking out of the letter box! Even an unread copy is good for the soul!

A good issue, ghostwatch was very good and the rendlesham forest article even better, cant wait for the last part of it

Have to admit I didn't like the rendlesham forest article, saga seems endless.
lets see...glaswegian so i win that....bald head as well so thats a draw.....not quite 6 foot.....only get physco when my boss picks his nose and eats it in front of me....no i won't argue with you :)

lets see...glaswegian so i win that....bald head as well so thats a draw.....not quite 6 foot.....only get physco when my boss picks his nose and eats it in front of me....no i won't argue with you :)

I've just lost interest in Jenny Randles UFO articles. She had a good article about Ghosts a few issues back.

I knew some great Glaswegian psychos who were vertically challenged, dangerous gits. All Celtic fans naturally.

I was amazed as well. Attractive athletic looking women being shagged by Aliens?!

Some interesting books in Reviews: Giants On Record, given the current debate here I might get it; Bad UFOs, should be good for debates; Suspicious Minds on why peopke believe conspiracy theories.

In Necrolog, Binkie Braithwaite sounds like an ace merry prankster, inventor of the Ancient Art Of Gut Banging".
But even aliens are getting sexier too I'll have to see if I can find the picture of a greenish grey with nice boobs!

Back