• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

FT350

XEPER_

Death to all but metal
Fortean Times 350 just plopped through the door. Looks a good one! Mythconceptions is an interesting one for me - I always thought it was true, to the extent I've been telling it to my 9-year-old daughter!

Attachments

• 2017-01-28 12.58.55.jpg
    2017-01-28 12.58.55.jpg
    336.5 KB · Views: 32
I thought Jenny Randles's piece and the IHTM were particularly good this month.

Yes! Got mine early this time! But haven't had a chance to look at it, apart from a cursory glance inside. Does look good, though, one of the best in a while.

I must admit I'm wary of reading articles (or watching documentaries) about Aberfan because it's such a distressing story but the one in this issue was very interesting, even if it doesn't explain why every awful disaster doesn't have its premonitions in dreams. Unless they do?

The smells article was very fine as well, surprising how little researched this area is.

But the forum article about Whitley Streiber predicting Trump was clutching at some very thin straws. Didn't ruin the issue, though.

Haven't renewed my script in time so missed FT350 :eek: I'll have to buy a copy online so I don't miss out and then never get round to reading this issue!

Interesting article in Forum on 19/20th century explorer of Latin America, George K. Cherrie. Extensive quotes fro his book Dark Trails: Adventures of a Naturalist (1930).

Also in Forum: Is Donald Trump an Alien? Perhaps not, just alienated from reality.

Strang4 Days: dog bricked in wall for 3 years; man bricked in wall for 3 days.

But the forum article about Whitley Streiber predicting Trump was clutching at some very thin straws. Didn't ruin the issue, though.

Sometimes an article in FT really has me scratching my head, wondering how the hell it ever got published. That was one of them.

Sometimes an article in FT really has me scratching my head, wondering how the hell it ever got published. That was one of them.

I know! Did they owe him a favour? The rest of the issue was fine.

Wasn't impressed with the Ghostwatch article - 3 pages that could have been condensed into one and been a better read for it.
I must admit I've never heard of Aberfan before now, just as it says in the article, it's as if it's so distressing it's been wiped from the collective memory unlike something like Dunblane. I didnt really read the Aberfan piece as it IS such a depressing subject, but I skimmed it and it was interesting.
Loved Mythconceptions as my gran used to tell me that tale, although I did think it sounded a bit weird. Still, she always seemed to know so much about nature and such that I took it as gospel!

I still haven't managed to get a copy of FT 350, did anyone happen to notice if they published my letter about my granddad's ball lightning encounter when he was little?

Back