• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

FT355

Once again I remember that I would love to get a FotTEAn mug - but as a life long subscriber I never seem to qualify. So, how do I get a Fortean times mug?

Or we could start a campaign to get Fortean Times mugs available to long term subs, at a small cost, bearing in mind, presumably, the mugs for new subs are paid for with money from long term subs subscriptions.

Or we could start a campaign to get Fortean Times mugs available to long term subs, at a small cost, bearing in mind, presumably, the mugs for new subs are paid for with money from long term subs subscriptions.

And I still haven't got FT 354!

Well, Paris, France, I mean.
As opposed to Paris, Texas....or:
Canada
United States
Others

Every time my mum renews my gift subscription it says I'll get a free mug but one never arrives.
This issue of FT went to her house again so I've not got it yet but it's fine, I've still not finished the last one! If only there were more hours in the day. :p

Every time my mum renews my gift subscription it says I'll get a free mug but one never arrives.
This issue of FT went to her house again so I've not got it yet but it's fine, I've still not finished the last one! If only there were more hours in the day. :p
Maybe your Mum has a cupboard full of FT mugs?

:rofl:
I was thinking that, and if she has, sell em on here, ill buy one, i broke mine :(

I emailed once about how subscribers missed out on the Free Gifts and they sent me one of the calendars (which was the free gift that year), so could be worth dropping a cheeky email on Fortean Towers.

But I agree, us loyal subscribers should get a little kickback now and again - I've been subscribing for fifteen years or thereabouts, when do I get me gold watch?

I emailed once about how subscribers missed out on the Free Gifts and they sent me one of the calendars (which was the free gift that year), so could be worth dropping a cheeky email on Fortean Towers.

But I agree, us loyal subscribers should get a little kickback now and again - I've been subscribing for fifteen years or thereabouts, when do I get me gold watch?

You'll get a wrist sundial.

It would catch in my crinoline.

Jenny Randles article about her mom is beautiful.

In my (pdf) version of the magazine her footnote about the forum she mentions is missing. Did the reference make it into the paper magazine?

She mentions a moving online forum and puts [1] there, but it doesnt mention where it is

Darn it! Looks like the note was missed off the end of the article during layout. It is: Allnurses.com, subsection Hospice Nursing – thread ‘Death Stories’

Sorry folks - I shall kick Etienne at the earliest opportunity!

Good to see a couple of ghost pics make a return in this issue.

Still awaiting mine... wonder if I should phone? Again.

My copy arrived yesterday, lovely to see it arrive a week after it goes on sale, rather than the usual two (or sometimes three) weeks later...

(Note to self, no-one likes a gloater...)

Liked the article about the legacy of the Arnold sightings. I was pleased the author picked up the idea that the Horten flying wing jet fighter, which the Germans not only were able to fly in 1945 but were just about to put into active service in squadron strength (this is important) was included as a potential explanation for the sightings.

The reason why this pleased me is that to the best of my knowledge, I was first to advance the idea: FT were kind enough to print my stuff and some photographic sources and provenance I sent them, and this provoked a likely exchange in the letters pages. I can even tell you which issue: it was FT200, if anybody's interested and wants to check it out. I did say at the time it just seemed obvious, and perhaps the only reason it hadn't been advanced before was that UFO researchers and "mainstream" aviation historians seemed to occupy two different areas of research and hadn't found any special reason to talk to each other very much or share information. So one side could be in possession of useful data that the other side would know nothing about because it hadn't occured to anybody to ask or take a look or compare notes.... (Hi FT: a namecheck might be nice? I gave you the info and an interesting theory, after all...)

Last edited:
Once again I remember that I would love to get a FotTEAn mug - but as a life long subscriber I never seem to qualify. So, how do I get a Fortean times mug?

Call the subs people and asked. I did this once and they sent me a mug.

That's Dr Sutton!
Ye gods, it's a small world... I looked up Dr David Sutton and realised, or was reminded. (And please - I'm not stalking or anything. Honestly. I had just a little flash of "that name sounds familiar from somewhere..." and then checked out publicly available info.) . It appears we started at the same university in the same year of entry and were even in the same school of study (though not on the same course). Not that there's any close association to presume on as there isn't. Our academic trajectories went in completely opposite directions, for one thing: I remember starting very promisingly and then fizzling out. DS evidently stayed the course, demonstrated staying power and perseverance, and went places. (more than I managed or was capable of!) But it's possible that once or twice, maybe, we were in the same classroom or lecture theatre. Small world or what...

Back