• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

FT360

Confession time:

I used to join in the jokey scramble to be first to post about the new edition and would open it eagerly. However, a couple of years ago there was an article in it, fully illustrated, which was about the only thing in the world that scares me.

So these days I'm rather cagey and tend to open it only after other posters have discussed its contents first.

Confession time:

I used to join in the jokey scramble to be first to post about the new edition and would open it eagerly. However, a couple of years ago there was an article in it, fully illustrated, which was about the only thing in the world that scares me.

So these days I'm rather cagey and tend to open it only after other posters have discussed its contents first.

salt-pond-harvest.jpg

Is there an evil presence on the left that they would use all that , (i presume it's salt), to stave it's progress?
I think Ramon was referring to snails fearing salt.

Mine arrived yesterday, but I've only read a little because I have a cold and... so weak... But looking forward to the Bigfoot article that seems to be inspired by the great big discussion on here recently.

Received my copy of FT 360 today. Interesting article on "The Mystery Lights of East Anglia".
I'm looking forward to this article too. Otherwise, nothing really jumps out at me this issue. That's been the case with many of my favourite issues though. Boxing kangaroos don't interest me much, but Jan Bondeson's articles are usually entertaining reads.

Is there an evil presence on the left that they would use all that , (i presume it's salt), to stave it's progress?

If you're referring to Jeremy Corbyn, I suspect a much-lesser quantity would've sufficed. Now, as for Hillary....who knows??

However, a couple of years ago there was an article in it, fully illustrated, which was about the only thing in the world that scares me.
Come on, dish. Pin it to paper (or envelop it in electrons) it'll feel so much better.

Anyway, I think I can predict what your megaphobia actually is...am I allowed to say, or shall I PM it to you, and you can say yes:no on this thread (but still without openly-speakifying about it 'pon the forum)??

Jan Bondeson's articles are usually entertaining reads
Amen to that. And I will read the roo story (though I'd've preferred some other form of boxing marsupial...to read, and to fight.

The Intruder said:
GNC said:
article that seems to be inspired
Ah, now, that's good. Sensible. Logical. Responsible. And practical

Anyway, I think I can predict what your megaphobia actually is...am I allowed to say, or shall I PM it

Not sure you could possibly guess it! Not being coy here, it really does make me ill. It's a true phobia which I used to believe i'd conquered but which can still jump up and bite me.

And it's an excellent article, as befitting that excellent discussion. As expected, it doesn't reach a definitive answer, but it brought up details I hadn't considered before. Must have been that Arthur C. Clarke episode where I first saw the clip, judging by the timeline. One of those Fortean artefacts that really is a gift that keeps on giving.

Oh, and the Bell Witch is basically the Bull Witch, an amalgam of various other tales, tall or otherwise. Again, good research here, if a bit of a letdown in the conclusion, which couldn't be helped.

It was taken by Jim Bakker - not content with his buckets of food and buckets of bibles, he now has buckets of Fortean Times...
That man has buckets of...something.

Smarm! The Musical!

Possibly a shortening of Smarmy, as in smarmy git...

Back