FT384

titch

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
After last months very disappointing issue, one of the worst ever, this months looks....a little better, the beatles and the rise of pop music conspiracy theories, Miguel serrano, the hill abduction on film and mystery air raids.

Dinobot

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
I thought last issue was actually quite interesting...

mikfez

Generally Bewildered
Reaction score
Mine's gone missing

Tunn11

Devoted Cultist
Reaction score
"The late Matt Groening" ? The conspirasphere p 5. Is Noel Rooney confusing Matt Groening with Sam Simon? Or does he know something we don't? I'm off to check every episode of the Simpsons and Futurama for hidden clues.

staticgirl

Abominable Snowman
Reaction score
I haven't got mine yet. It should be the first issue of my sub. Should I get on to the subscription people yet or wait some more?

DrPaulLee

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
It isn't out in the shops yet.

titch

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
I haven't got mine yet. It should be the first issue of my sub. Should I get on to the subscription people yet or wait some more?
If it's not arrived by now I would get in touch with them

taras

Least Haunted
Reaction score
My subscription copy arrived on Saturday! Cover looks great.

Mystery air raids article seems very well-written, but I might be biased.

ramonmercado

CyberPunk
Reaction score
My subscription copy arrived on Saturday! Cover looks great.

Mystery air raids article seems very well-written, but I might be biased.

Do tell us more!

titch

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
On Facebook the mag said some issues had gone astray, if you hadn't received yours give it a few days then get in touch with them, that was a few days ago.

staticgirl

Abominable Snowman
Reaction score
It's arrived! Yay.

Thanks guys.

The mug was smashed when it arrived so I asked them to send another, which they said they would. It's not a deal breaker if it doesn't get to me.

It's nice to be a subscriber again.

GNC

King-Sized Canary
Reaction score
Welcome aboard!

Liked the article on the Fabs, but their cultural influence always fascinates me. Can't imagine what an entire book making stuff up about them being Communists would be like (well, I can: not good).

CarlosTheDJ

Antediluvian
Reaction score
"The late Matt Groening" ? The conspirasphere p 5. Is Noel Rooney confusing Matt Groening with Sam Simon? Or does he know something we don't? I'm off to check every episode of the Simpsons and Futurama for hidden clues.

Yes, I've just read that very sentence. I was thinking "How did I miss that piece of news?".

A quick Google shows I haven't missed it. It hasn't happened.....

staticgirl

Abominable Snowman
Reaction score
I got the new mug too. It is a good mug. The issue was pretty interesting - I am quite liking all this pop stuff recently.

ChasFink

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Yes, I've just read that very sentence. I was thinking "How did I miss that piece of news?".

A quick Google shows I haven't missed it. It hasn't happened.....
I think Mr. Rooney is telling us that Groening was replaced with a lookalike in 1992 following his death in a monorail accident. Clues include Maude Flanders' death by T-shirt cannon, a clear reference to Tabitha Wheelwright's death by foul ball in John Irving's A Prayer for Owen Meany. (Groening's father notoriously hated baseball.)

Has anyone contacted the magazine or Rooney about the "late Matt Groening" line? I'll do it if I have to, but I've reported more than my share of errors in the past.

GNC

King-Sized Canary
Reaction score
Has anyone contacted the magazine or Rooney about the "late Matt Groening" line? I'll do it if I have to, but I've reported more than my share of errors in the past.

Yes, half the Editorial in FT385 is given over to it.