• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

FT400

maximus otter

Recovering policeman
Witnessed: First-hand accounts of the weird!

In search of Satan's swine!

Thunderbird photo enigma!

maximus otter

Anything to celebrate the 400th issue?

My copy's dropped through the door - for later perusal.

The IHTM compilation was great, I'd forgotten most of them, but I appreciated having my memory jogged about the woman whose 3yo twins screamed they saw a man falling from an aeroplane, and then she saw him later and he was really weird. It's the extended nature of the encounters (over a course of about 3 days) that make it remarkable, and a pity there's no other witnesses we know of.

Nice article by Stu Neville on the history of this here forum.
It is remarkably....strange, to see familiar online entities actually referenced to, in physical print.... these aliases/'noms de ordinateur' have hitherto only been possessed of a fey pixel-palette insubstantiality. Some form of name-magic seems to invest a little of itself upon them, courtesy of a paper published page...

(other of course than actual openly-famous author-type peeps such as Mr Rutter, who are autonominally 'out' online)

Well done @stu neville for having written that piece for FT....do we anticipate any additional recruits as a consequence? And If there was ever any kind of post-eviction rapprochement to be made between The Publisher and The Forum, presumably that has now been well & truly made? Because I feel us very benefactorially invested in....

It is remarkably....strange, to see familiar online entities actually referenced to, in physical print.... these aliases/'noms de ordinateur' have hitherto only been possessed of a fey pixel-palette insubstantiality. Some form of name-magic seems to invest a little of itself upon them, courtesy of a paper published page...

(other of course than actual openly-famous author-type peeps such as Mr Rutter, who are autonominally 'out' online)

Well done @stu neville for having written that piece for FT....do we anticipate any additional recruits as a consequence? And If there was ever any kind of post-eviction rapprochement to be made between The Publisher and The Forum, presumably that has now been well & truly made? Because I feel us very benefactorially invested in....
I must admit that neither Stu Neville nor I use our real names on this board. It is a secret long hidden but in fact my real name is Stu Neville and the online entity you know as Stu Neville actually has the real world name of Gordon Rutter.

And If there was ever any kind of post-eviction rapprochement to be made between The Publisher and The Forum, presumably that has now been well & truly made?
We never fell out with the mag - as you know both Gordon (Stu) and I (Gordon) continue to regularly contribute. To be fair to Dennis, they could have been far less accommodating.

My brother has been asked if he wants a subscription for Xmas. Can anyone speculate in all honesty please whether they think FT will still be around in a year's time ?

My brother has been asked if he wants a subscription for Xmas. Can anyone speculate in all honesty please whether they think FT will still be around in a year's time ?
I don't see why not? What makes you think it will go?

I don't see why not? What makes you think it will go?

I lost touch with the Mags, never see them on the Newsagent shelves anymore, didn't know the state of Dennis, heard stories on the Forum about Subscription/ distribution problems (my brother only gets 65% of Private Eye). However, I'll tell him to go ahead (so I get to read them). Thank you.

I lost touch with the Mags, never see them on the Newsagent shelves anymore, didn't know the state of Dennis, heard stories on the Forum about Subscription/ distribution problems (my brother only gets 65% of Private Eye). However, I'll tell him to go ahead (so I get to read them). Thank you.
I've had a look at the distribution figures and the most recent ones available seem fairly constant. Personally I've not had any problems finding it.

Have a shop around to see what deals you can find - there's the subs offer in the mag and at the moment there is one frequently advertised on Facebook, next time I see it I'll grab the details for you.

Argh. Still need to find a new place to pick it up in Wisconsin. The one mag shop that did closed down a while back.

Not had time to fully peruse this one yet, but I was lead up the garden path about THAT photograph. 3D indeed, humph. But I have ordered a Scarfolk map from the Hauntology column.

Argh. Still need to find a new place to pick it up in Wisconsin. The one mag shop that did closed down a while back.

Why not subscribe? I've subscribed for several years. My experience has been that delivery within the USA is quite reliable (albeit delayed compared to our UK friends).

I'm sure I saw it in there!

The photo did appear in a previous issue, which might be where the confusion is coming from. Can't find which specific issue it was just now but will have a proper look through at the weekend.

I don’t know if this is different to any subscription offer you have already found but this is where the current one I see on Facebook ends up
https://subscribe.forteantimes.com/...6LBITbVN_taoia77RcsdK0wSyEhqxeDjQfcSZyZOFQB4E

Back