• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

FT406

Stormkhan

Disturbingly familiar
Whee!
Just in time for me to go to my local pub, go to my (reserved) usual seat alone - I was an antisocial git before social distancing was a thing - and enjoy a pint or three reading.
Though I skimmed through and found myself namechecked in the letters column!

Whee!
Just in time for me to go to my local pub, go to my (reserved) usual seat alone - I was an antisocial git before social distancing was a thing - and enjoy a pint or three reading.
Fame at last!

Whee!

Delivered on Sunday?

Aliens!

Is your usual seat outside? It is Sunday isn't?

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

Whee!
Fame at last!
DfrsepMXcAAVPvL.jpg

Having now consumed said content of magazine (but requiring re-reading) it's good.
I'm tempted to query and respond on certain articles but, really, it's a damn good read!
I'm interested in the bloke who responded to my letter who said he'd lived in the same area. He'd some great UL bits that I'd forgotten. Maybe we'd known each other in that decade?

Right then, I'll just sit here staring at my Kindle reader until the new FT magically appears. It may take a few days...

Just finished this month's ghostwatch, quite possibly the best article the magazine has ever had.

Just finished this month's ghostwatch, quite possibly the best article the magazine has ever had.
I'm just sat here staring at my Kindle reader until the new FT magically appears...

You made me look at Amazon to see if it was available on Kindle. No!
But I may buy the IHTM vol.2 now.
It is available via magazine subscriptions on Kindle, but you can't view magazines on PC for some ridiculous reason.

It is available via magazine subscriptions on Kindle, but you can't view magazines on PC for some ridiculous reason.
Can you view it with a Kindle program for PC?

Uhg... I hate that the stateside printer is closed for the Rona. My issues have been coming from the UK through Germany, takes FOREVER and at least 3 issues never made it... and the publisher just sent me reprints of issues I actually received and one extra month of subscription. I'm saving the extra copies in the bags to sell one day. So...,I'm looking forward to it arriving if it makes it across the Atlantic. fingers crossed.

Most odd that the Kindle PC app won't open it.
Maybe the way the file has been compiled is only optimised for mobile devices.
People have been complaining that they can't access their Kindle magazine subscriptions on PC for years, and Amazon has shown zero interest in fixing it... I'll just have to make do with my trusty 2nd generation Kindle, or my phone...

The demonic trainers. The article doesn't specify, but if 666 have been made, then that's only 333 actual pairs, which kind of dilutes the significance of the number. For this to work, wouldn't they have to make 1332 individual trainers?

Also, the long article about the drones and the borderline-conspiracy theory that this might be some inteligence-gathering strategy by an unspecified and deliberately anonymous "foreign power". FT reported, a while ago, on the large remote-controlled boat that washed up on the coast of Scotland and which - despite its estimated salvage/replacement value - nobody has ever claimed and which remains a mystery. Just wondering if there may be a link of some kind?

Last edited:
The demonic trainers. The article doesn't specify, but if 666 have been made, then that's only 333 actual pairs, which kind of dilutes the significance of the number. For this to work, wouldn't they have to make 1332 individual trainers?

Also, the long article about the drones and the borderline-conspiracy theory that this might be some inteligence-gathering strategy by an unspecified and deliberately anonymous "foreign power". FT reported, a while ago, on the large remote-controlled boat that washed up on the coast of Scotland and which - despite its estimated salvage/replacement value - nobody has ever claimed and which remains a mystery. Just wondering if there may be a link of some kind?
The article does say specifically ”all 666 pairs had already been purchased”.

We have a thread about the trainers

https://forums.forteana.org/index.php?threads/the-devils-footwear.68303/

The article does say specifically ”all 666 pairs had already been purchased”.
Coprrection taken. But 1332 individual shoes kind of dilutes the menace in the opposite direction..... unless theres' an apochryphal thing elsewhere in the Bible about 1332 being the Number of An Even Bigger Beast. Or if the Beast With Twelve Heads were to have 1332 feet...

Last edited:
I'm interested in the bloke who responded to my letter who said he'd lived in the same area. He'd some great UL bits that I'd forgotten. Maybe we'd known each other in that decade?

maybe it's you from a different timeline? :twothumbs:

Back