FT410

Kryptonite

Vague Apparition
Reaction score
Arthur C. Clarke’s Mysterious world!

Golden Dawn down under!

The Sai Kung mystery!

maximus otter
Really looking forward to this issue- ACC'sMW has had a big influence on me. Fond memories of lying on the carpet watching it is a youngster with the rest of the family, and it was also something that I bonded with a kid at primary school over, and was one of the reasons we went to become (and still are) very good friends.

Oh, and, along with the Usborne Mysteries of the Unknown book, is probably the reason I have an enduring interest in Forteana!

GNC

King-Sized Canary
Reaction score
no Hunt Emerson this month?

I noticed that! Must be his issue off.

Just had a chance for a flick through, and the ACC article looks perfect.

AgProv

Master of Uncertainty and Doubt
Reaction score
Trying to find the Goodies parody on line, where the running joke is Graeme Garden (playing a skeptical ACC-like show host) presenting gravely to camera that, for instance, in a month of searching they have found no evidence of Abominable Snowmen in the area, and therefore the reports must be hoaxes, mistaken identification, or just folklore. While Graeme is speaking to camera, in the background three or four yetis realise the camera is there, and form a high-stepping can-can line. Or Nessie swims on screen behind Graeme/ACC while he is denying the loch Ness Monster exists, and grins at the camera. In its way, the parody is every bit as Fortean.

Last edited:

Tempest63

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
I’m a bit gutted as Max usually posts on the latest issue and a couple of hours later my issue drops through the letterbox. Not yesterday though…looks like it will now be tomorrow.

GNC

King-Sized Canary
Reaction score
Trying to find the Goodies parody on line, where the running joke is Graeme Garden (playing a skeptical ACC-like show host) presenting gravely to camera that, for instance, in a month of searching they have found no evidence of Abominable Snowmen in the area, and therefore the reports must be hoaxes, mistaken identification, or just folklore. While Graeme is speaking to camera, in the background three or four yetis realise the camera is there, and form a high-stepping can-can line. Or Nessie swims on screen behind Graeme/ACC while he is denying the loch Ness Monster exists, and grins at the camera. In its way, the parody is every bit as Fortean.

That's the Bigfoot episode of their LWT series, the last they made. It was a flop and everyone said "Not as good as they were on the BBC!" but it's actually really funny in places. Anyway, it's on DVD from Network. Graeme was playing Arthur himself, I think!

FrKadash

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Got mine the other day, love the Mysterious World article! I thought the Russian levitation video featured in the letter section was fully debunked as a hoax...

TangletwigsDeux

Abominable Snowman
Reaction score
I can recommend the Bredbeddle recording mentioned on the Hauntology page. Very good.

GNC

King-Sized Canary
Reaction score
Loved the ACC update, though I suppose it's par for the course that most of the mysteries are now explained and mysteries no longer. I posted a question about the vitrified forts here when I rewatched the series on DVD, and now, a decade later, I have my answer.

Also nice to see the screen capture of the Cerne Abbas Giant beardie bloke saying "He does wonders for me every mornin'!" Hunt that guy down for an update!

blessmycottonsocks

Antediluvian
Reaction score
Yes. Very enjoyable nostalgia kick reading the ACC article, even if the mysteries have all pretty well been subsequently debunked.

Made me think of all the woo-factor stories, such as timeslips and the Cumberland spacemum, which have been discussed and usually debunked over the life of this forum.

Very pleased to see that even Jenny Randles dismisses the infamous Nessie photo as a swimming dog with a stick in its mouth.