• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

FT412

I'm reading Wilson's The Occult now, before I realized it was the big anniversary. Just read the review by Hierophant's Apprentice in this issue. It's always gratifying to note "Gee, so it wasn't just me who thought that about this author/book".

Always be wary of a self-proclaimed genius, they're a lot like a self-proclaimed Jesus Christ.

I hadn't got around to renewing my script, so the last issue I got through the post was FT411, so I thought I'll buy it in Smith's as a one off.
Well I kept putting it off and then had a feeling to go and pick it up, so I popped in and I looked around and saw the spine of FT412 and bought it (no shoplifting!). And it was the last copy in stock :D and then within a couple of days I saw FT HQ change their profile pic on Facebook to the new cover of FT413! So all in all that was perfect timing! Now I'll do this thing that I usually do, let the script run out and then keep buying them in Smith's (closest stockists to me), when it saves money to just get the script renewed! :thought::thought:

I bought my first issue in '91 or '92 when I was at college. Someone who works at the surgery on my street is obviously also a fan because they'd leave it in the waiting room for the public to enjoy so I'd nick it (saving me a fiver each month) until covid came along so you don't get magazines left in waiting rooms anymore. Damn you covid!.
And this is why we can't have nice things, like up to date and interesting magazines in doctors' waiting rooms. Ah well, back to the dog-eared copy of Cosmopolitan dated March 2014...

Last edited:
Back