• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

FT417

I got home from the hospital and seeing mum to find the wife had opened it and put it on the table, but I was too tired even to open it. It will likely accompany me on the train tomorrow back up to London.

Mine was waiting for me when I got back from hospital too! It's a trend in comfort reading, obviously.

Looks like a good issue, the Hollywood article takes up half the mag!

Best IHTM: the giant bunny running alongside the car. I like to think it was bumping the side like a rhino.

Is it me or is it a bit of a struggle to find anything in this issue to comment on? Although I haven't read it all yet - it was there n the mat on our return from holiday.

I can comment on the main article - well-researched as usual from this writer, but I was a bit overfamiliar with the content. Still a good refresher.

Nigel Watson's Forum piece on the importance of scepticism to balance out, well, lies, was excellent. Always knew Nigel was one of the good guys, yes, we know weird stuff gets reported, but don't rehash or embroider stuff that's already been well and truly debunked, it helps no one.

Not a particularly interesting issue, till I got to the spectral Mariner, what a story! I got goosebumps reading it.

I agree, rather dull - haven't found much to interest me at all.

Another issue, another provocative Conspirasphere article by Noel Roonski, this time telling us What's Really Going On in Ukraine.

No doubt his sources are impeccable, but what's going on at the moment, in the name of "denazification", looks a lot like crimes against humanity to me. Nevertheless I bow to his superior powers of analysis, and earnest desire to give us the real story.

Tone-deaf? Our Noel? Surely not.

Actually Noel was also active in the letters page this month, using his right of reply to point out, amongst other things, that his political affiliations are his own business.

He is quite right, too - this isn't Russia - although going into print with article after article consistently pushing alt-right narratives while ridiculing the counter-arguments is bound to inspire at least some speculation as to his motivation and loyalties, isn't it?

Last edited:
Back