• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

FT425

Mine arrived today, along with some other items of post.
The white paper 'outer' used for mailing was mildly damp-feeling, but the rest of my post was bone dry.:dunno:

The "Dreaming the Queen" feature - I've never seen Liz in dreams, but I draw the attention of the House to my dream about Prince Charles which is recorded, in April this year, in the "Covid Dreams" thread. Interesting that ever-elastic Nostrodamus is being ret-conned to suggest Charles will precipitate a constitutional crisis and will abdicate... my own dreams about him were utterly bizarre but suggested he goes insane in a fairly dramatic way. (DISCLAIMER: I'm not billing them as prophecies or any reflection of reality. They were just weird dreams, but they come back to mind now after FT425)
EDIT: This was it.

Last edited:
A very high awful-puns-per-frame count in Phenomenomix! But as a writer of Discworld fan fiction, I am now expressing the intention to run with one of those puns and have a Fourecksian witch riding a "broomerang". As I'll be using this for fun and not profit, if Mr Emerson wants to get in touch, I could rent the gag in exchange for a namecheck and a strong drink of his choice?

Anybody else still waiting for theirs? I am wondering how long to wait given that first class mail is currently taking over a week to get anywhere...

Only finished my FT425 last night.
I found one of the IHTM accounts quite sobering.
The one quoting Nietzsche "if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."
The premise being that, if you investigate Fortean phenomena too closely, it is possible to "catch" something undesirable.
With my interest in all things Fortean, I have been going out of my way to visit supposedly haunted locations.
I would be seriously spooked though if this meant I risked bringing "something" inexplicable and unwholesome back to my own home.
I certainly wouldn't want my house to feature in a future episode of "Uncanny".

I just started reading this one (so, sue me, I'm a bit behind myself besides I often read out of order...) and I'm a little bit annoyed.

I think it's in the Medical Bag, where a guy had been having symptoms later pinned down to him being given massive doses of vitamins. At the end it says that everyone gets enough Vit D from sunlight and food, when it's actually recommended that those in the northern latitudes take a Vit D supplement, at least in winter. It's a cause close to my heart as a good friend was having the most horrific symptoms - depression, aches, food intolerances, insomnia, inability to wake when she did sleep - which were eventually diagnosed as Vitamin D deficiency. She was given intravenous Vit D for a while and then told to take tablets for the rest of her life.

A lot of people aren't aware of how insidious Vitamin D deficiency can be and how widespread the symptoms. And when the sun is as shortlived and pathetic as it is in Britain in winter, it's not always possible to get enough from food.

Keep taking the tablets, guys.

Hmm interesting cos I have had nearly the same symptoms and I now have a vit b injection every 12 weeks

A lot of people aren't aware of how insidious Vitamin D deficiency can be and how widespread the symptoms. And when the sun is as shortlived and pathetic as it is in Britain in winter, it's not always possible to get enough from food.
'Evaporated Milk' is fortified with Vitamin D (at least, it is in the UK) so I have several tins in the cupboard and have at least one cup of coffee using that instead of milk, every day.

Back