• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

FT431

Another one out already? It's only been three weeks since the last one! (Haven't had my copy yet...)

Latest FT
Interview with Henry Lincoln
Nessie at 90
Celebrity Spooks
Danny Robbins stuff
Keanu Reeves and Fungus
And did I mention the Henry Lincoln interview?
My copy dropped thru the letter box today.
Seems a seriously long time since you posted you message.
Had you received a copy then or were you using inside information?

Ah, that explains it... just got mine today.

First thoughts: the Reaper Tree in Florida. (page 13). Maybe the photo was taken from the wrong angle, but all I'm seeing is a cute cat's head in profile, just hanging in the air?

If the Sargasso Sea is having its finest crop in decades, this has got to be good for eels - will we be seeing a parallel explosion in the eel population in a little while?

Last edited:
Incidentally, the "It Happened To Me" section. The headings to each account are off-focus, shaky, blurred, and sort of slur across the page in an off-register sort of way in a fairly jarring ugly colour-mix. I get that in all probability this is a printer's error as it continues to the peoples' names underneath, and into the letters page proper.

But... for some indefinable reason it seems to work. IHTM accounts have the common theme of something happening to shake up an otherwise unremarkable life, a note of the odd and the other intruding from Out There, of everything just for a few moments going out of focus and out of synch with itself. Introducing each account with a visually schizoid title is, sort of, highly appropriate and goes with the theme! (As is blurring the names at the end, tribute to the experient having had their life shaken up)?

But... back to (consensus) normal next month?

Great typo in the editorial (snigger!). No spoilers, find it for yourself!

Dammit, I'm gonna have to read the editorial now :mad:

Back