• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Funny And/Or Weird Happenings Whilst Drunk (Stoned; Tripping; Etc.)

Know them? I was IN them! But I was the one you never saw. The lumberjack.
1663178410069.png

This drunk Florida (where else?!? ...) man stabbed two companions in an incident he claims he can't clearly remember. Once he can sober up enough to focus, he can focus on the second-degree murder charges to which he must now answer.
A Davenport man was arrested early Tuesday morning after stabbing two people after a party, according to Polk County deputies.

The Polk County Sheriff’s Office said it all began at a birthday party celebration Monday night at an apartment on Charo Parkway when suspect Derrick Charles Emery, 32, left the party with two other people.

According to the arrest report, Emery was very intoxicated so the host of the party decided Emery should go home. Meanwhile, his fiancée stayed behind.

Two people, identified as Victims 1 and 2, volunteered to take him home. The sheriff’s office said Victim 1 knew Emery since they were in high school while Victim 2 had just met him.

The arrest report said during the walk home, Emery pulled out a pocket knife and stabbed the two victims for no reason. He then yelled ‘F— you’ to the victims while they made their way back to the apartment to get help.

Deputies said victim 2 had been stabbed in the neck, chest, and left forearm while victim 1 was stabbed in the chest and arm. Both were able to be treated and stabilized without surgery.

The sheriff’s office said Emery told deputies that he admitted to being at the party and being intoxicated. ...

According to the suspect, he believed the victims were going to hurt or kill him, but the sheriff’s office said the victims never threatened him.

“At some point he was reaching into his fanny pack for his phone, however, for reasons unknown to him, he reached into the compartment where his pocket knife was, and before he knew it, he was stabbing the two subjects,” the arrest report said.

Emery said the ordeal was a “blur.” Deputies said the suspect eventually walked into a Publix, covered in blood and wielding the knife, and asked management for help.

Emery was arrested on a charge of attempted second-degree murder.
FULL STORY: https://www.wesh.com/article/publix-bloody-man-davenport/41192760

I would be careful. This is a bit scary.

I have never forgotten the Bass player Will Sinnott from The Shamen, who died in 1991 (just after they finished filming the video for Move any Mountain - a new version of their prior release Pro-gen). He stayed on the beautiful Island for a holiday with his girlfriend and drowned.

I remember being so shocked, but also wondering what the exact circumstances were. The Shamen often talked about the use of drugs in interviews. It may have not been a factor in Will's death, he may have just got into trouble without the use of any substances, but it was an awful accidental death either way.

Incidentally, I wondered if The Shamen would continue, given that following Will's death the female singer decided to leave too. They did continue and had more success. I personally preferred the version of the Shamen they had before Will died though.

Deaths by drowning are all too common. In the UK there are often drownings during heatwaves - usually young people who go into water and get into difficulties. On holidays worldwide people don't always know which places are dangerous to swim and get into trouble too.

I wonder if you had a shower rather than went swimming?
Earthly

I don’t think I took a shower, as there was nowhere for me to take a shower apart from my apartment, and I certainly wasn’t in there.

As I wrote earlier the hotel’s pool area was searched and I wasn’t there either, so how I ended up soaking wet is anyone’s guess. And the nearest pool apart from the hotels pool was two miles away.

The only thing I can think of is that I collapsed somewhere in the street, and someone threw a couple of buckets of water over me in an attempt to sober me up - If that’s the case, then thanks for that, whoever you are. I really must grow up. I’m 52 next birthday for goodness sakes.

If there is a fortean element to this tale, it's that Mrs DT didn't beat me senseless the following day, and file divorce papers against me for acting so bloody stupid lol

If at first you don't succeed ... ? ...

I think the authorities' suspicion of alcohol / drug involvement is warranted in this California incident. A naked man apparently drove a car off a cliff. When emergency responders arrived the man fled, claiming no connection with the crash. A couple of hours later this same guy returned to the same cliff-top and jumped off (sans automobile this time).
Emergency crews rescue naked man who jumped from cliff at Torrey Pines

Emergency crews rescued a naked man who they said drove his car off a cliff in Torrey Pines early Wednesday morning.

At around 1 a.m., San Diego Police officers and San Diego Fire-Rescue personnel were called to the Torrey Pines Gliderport (2800 Torrey Pines Scenic Dr.) in response to a vehicle that reportedly went down a cliff. ...

Responding officers spotted a naked man as he got out of the car and ran away, all while he claimed not to be connected to the vehicle crash.

Officers and fire crews could not find the man until around 3 a.m., after he apparently jumped from the same cliff and landed 40 feet below.

Crews were able to lift the man from the ravine and transported him to the hospital for treatment of unknown injuries.

Police are unsure why the man drove the car off the cliff, but they suspect drugs or alcohol may be involved in the incident.
FULL STORY: https://www.10news.com/news/local-n...ked-man-who-jumped-from-cliff-at-torrey-pines

I want this to be true. I want this to be true. I want this to be true ..

OK - here's the story of the story ... It's real, and it became really "real" for the perpetrator (one Michael Orchard) by the time it (and he ... ) ran its / his course ...

The story dates back to an incident that occurred in October 2016. It was reported here on the forum:

https://forums.forteana.org/index.p...drunk-stoned-tripping-etc.65660/#post-1622495

Orchard pleaded guilty to misdemeanor charges in June 2017, pending sentencing scheduled for September 2017.

https://forums.forteana.org/index.p...-drunk-stoned-tripping-etc.65660/post-2208260

Orchard apparently moved to Clifton Park, New York, at some point and died in September 2017.

https://www.legacy.com/us/obituaries/timesunion-albany/name/michael-orchard-obituary?id=5063156

Man calls 999 to report himself for drink driving

North Yorkshire Police said the call came in just before noon on Monday from a man who said he was "drink-driving and doesn't know what he is doing".
The driver, who is in his 50s, told the call handler he was in Knaresborough and had had "a heavy weekend".

Officers said he was three times over the drink-drive limit when he was located 15 minutes later.

Decades ago, I lived by the sea in a small town. One foggy night, I went for a walk with my (then) girlfriend while we were both 'enjoying' a magic mushroom experience.
It was very quiet along the beach and we strolled out to the end of a jetty. Surrounded by calm, grey sea and thick grey fog, we loved the lack of sound apart from the waves on the beach. After a time, we strolled back and up over the sea wall ... to be hit by a wall of noise and glare! The lights of the amusement arcade were fine ... but just as we saw them, the loud sound of a bingo caller almost knocked us off our feet! :D

Back