• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Funny And/Or Weird Happenings Whilst Drunk (Stoned; Tripping; Etc.)

Nothing properly Fortean has ever happened to me on my many shitfaced rampages. Been shot at, nearly drowned, naked New Years and the usual compendium, but nary a cryptid. The weirdness always occurred as a result the ethanol/THC combo. and the deepest profound threshold experiences have all been recounted elsewhere on the website.

But this guy... well, just take a listen.

Hubby and I were in one of our local pubs and were sat by the front window. I glanced out and could see something flying in the air with red lights. It wasn't a UFO or a plane it was a Drone. They had only just become popular. Anyway, I could see a mate of ours who is well known to be a bit nuts standing outside having a smoke. He glanced idly upwards then the expression on his face changed. His jaw dropped repeatedly and I guessed that this was well worth monitoring. I nudged Hubby and told him. We both watched as his jaw dropped and he began gesticulating wildly and in a panic. He then ran into the pub yelling and gabbling there was a UFO in the sky then ran back out again pointing frantically. I nearly fell off the stool laughing and it took a bit of explaining from someone ( I couldn't as I was choking laughing) before he calmed down. We still roar laughing about it.

Hubby and I were in one of our local pubs and were sat by the front window. I glanced out and could see something flying in the air with red lights. It wasn't a UFO or a plane it was a Drone. They had only just become popular. Anyway, I could see a mate of ours who is well known to be a bit nuts standing outside having a smoke. He glanced idly upwards then the expression on his face changed. His jaw dropped repeatedly and I guessed that this was well worth monitoring. I nudged Hubby and told him. We both watched as his jaw dropped and he began gesticulating wildly and in a panic. He then ran into the pub yelling and gabbling there was a UFO in the sky then ran back out again pointing frantically. I nearly fell off the stool laughing and it took a bit of explaining from someone ( I couldn't as I was choking laughing) before he calmed down. We still roar laughing about it.
@Vida Loca I still remember going out on a clear still night and seeing a red light arcing gently across the sky...
UFO UFO UFO...
After a few minutes it became apparent it was a Chinese lantern that had been set off further west for someone's wedding festivities...!!

About 30 years ago, I was on holiday in Spain with my mother and sister. We made our way into town one night and my newly divorced mother was befriended by another divorced woman who liked sangria - by the jug. They chatted away all night and the sangria flowed. Eventually it was time to make our way back to the campsite (which was on the side of a mountain) but by this time my mother was taking two steps forward and two steps back.

Whilst working our way up a steep path my suitably refreshed mother gasped in excitement and pointed out over the valley at the "UFOs" which had landed amongst the trees. We looked and to give her credit, there were clusters of blue lights visible - the roofs of tents illuminated from the inside. It took quite a while to convince her otherwise and even longer before we were tucked up in bed.

But we still take pleasure in reminding her of it 30 years later.

Someone on another thread suggested a new thread. What funny/weird things have happened to you when drunk? Including how you managed to get home etc. Any strange awakenings the next morning or whatever? Any stories of weirdness or of a Fortean nature?

Couple of summers ago a mate and I attended a beer festival, which was being held in a community centre in a small town in Essex.

I didn’t personally witness this myself as I was outside having a cigarette, but as I was standing there puffing away, I heard a colossal roar coming from inside the centre, followed by cheering then uncontrollable laughter.

A few moments later (I don’t know what the PC term is so I apologise but you know what I mean) a little guy came sprinting out of the centre and legged it as fast as he could up the road.

I finished my fag and walked back in to find the entire festival in hysterics, and through tears my mate told me what had happened.

The little guy (sorry again) was walking back to his table carrying a tray with about six or seven pints of beer on it. .

Suddenly he slipped on a puddle of beer that sent him flying backwards, but instead of simply landing on his back or arse, he did a full backwards summersault landing back on his feet - the tray and pints of beer however went flying.

It took a while for the festival goers to calm down, then someone would giggle which would set the rest off, and then the entire centre would be pissing themselves again - It was like mass hysteria.

Four or five hours after the incident happened, the little guy reappeared to much cheering and handshaking – I don’t believe he or his mates had to buy another beer for the rest of the night.

Someone on another thread suggested a new thread. What funny/weird things have happened to you when drunk? Including how you managed to get home etc. Any strange awakenings the next morning or whatever? Any stories of weirdness or of a Fortean nature?
As a young man growing up in the 70’s/80’s the hub of the universe was the Old Kent Road (A2) with any number of pubs between The Swan near to Tower Bridge Road and The Kentish Drovers opposite the Gasworks close to New Cross. The problem with drinking here was you could wander quite innocently into the Bermondsey Triangle. This was a spooky place where you could venture out on a Friday night then lose the whole weekend, waking up midday on a Sunday on a sticky carpet in S.E.16 or lying next to a Cryptid and trying to sneak out without waking it. 40 years on it still gives me the willies.

As a young man growing up in the 70’s/80’s the hub of the universe was the Old Kent Road (A2) with any number of pubs between The Swan near to Tower Bridge Road and The Kentish Drovers opposite the Gasworks close to New Cross. The problem with drinking here was you could wander quite innocently into the Bermondsey Triangle. This was a spooky place where you could venture out on a Friday night then lose the whole weekend, waking up midday on a Sunday on a sticky carpet in S.E.16 or lying next to a Cryptid and trying to sneak out without waking it. 40 years on it still gives me the willies.
@Tempest63 no doubt a bermondsey wallet could ensue...?!!

Got me on that one, the Bermondsey Briefcase was a Tesco carrier bag but a Bermondsey Wallet? My kids tell me I have a forgettery instead of a memory so it may have slipped an aging mind.
@Tempest63 it could be made up but isn't it similar to a Chelsea smile only you are using two blades taped together to make it more difficult to stitch..?!!

@Tempest63 it could be made up but isn't it similar to a Chelsea smile only you are using two blades taped together to make it more difficult to stitch..?!!
Ahhh, that was attributed to scouse football hooligans in my day, attacks which took place in the appropriately named “Stanley Park”

Couple of summers ago a mate and I attended a beer festival, which was being held in a community centre in a small town in Essex.

I didn’t personally witness this myself as I was outside having a cigarette, but as I was standing there puffing away, I heard a colossal roar coming from inside the centre, followed by cheering then uncontrollable laughter.

A few moments later (I don’t know what the PC term is so I apologise but you know what I mean) a little guy came sprinting out of the centre and legged it as fast as he could up the road.

I finished my fag and walked back in to find the entire festival in hysterics, and through tears my mate told me what had happened.

The little guy (sorry again) was walking back to his table carrying a tray with about six or seven pints of beer on it. .

Suddenly he slipped on a puddle of beer that sent him flying backwards, but instead of simply landing on his back or arse, he did a full backwards summersault landing back on his feet - the tray and pints of beer however went flying.

It took a while for the festival goers to calm down, then someone would giggle which would set the rest off, and then the entire centre would be pissing themselves again - It was like mass hysteria.

Four or five hours after the incident happened, the little guy reappeared to much cheering and handshaking – I don’t believe he or his mates had to buy another beer for the rest of the night.
Reminds me of a French comedian in the 1960s(?). He did an early version, perhaps the first, of a 'hidden camera' show. This guy would, for eg, walk out of a building and down the steps to the street. Half way down the steps he'd 'pretend' to trip, do a full forwards somersalt, land on his feet, shake his head and then walk off as if nothing had happened. The passers-by often thought that they must have imagined what they'd just seen. I'm thinking it was Jacques Tati, but I might be getting mixed up with someone else.

I wonder how many times the guy pulled that stunt to get free beer all night.

Why spill six or seven pints in the hope of getting two or three?

maximus otter
How do you know he only got 2 or 3? His mates were apparently involved as well. Sorry but it sounds like a stunt to me. Don't care how tall or small you are I doubt that you could unexpectedly fall from a standing position, do a full flip and land on your feet. Still a great stunt though.

Geez! How did you people ever run an empire?
I've never been able to drink that much. That's why I still have both my legs.

I've made the same mistake (from Iceland). It had been recommended, but was absolutely revolting. Having to throw away 'food' stuck in my throat, although not as much as the kebab product.
Get a dog and you will never need to waste food again.

You've brought this back to mind. I can date it from just after the first, 'Space Invaders' pub console, was released.

Local tavern had one and we all played it non-stop - to the extent, if I closed my eyes much later, could still vividly see a game unfolding.

So, all ended up at a party - about 20 of us - boys and girls - one night shortly afterwards and we self-ejected next morning, when realised pubs were now open again.

Alas, party had been held in a local, rural, community and there was only an, 'upmarket hotel', nearby.

Since it, understandably, didn't have our new, 'Space Invaders'... we decided to make our own game up.

Half of us played the Invaders, slowly stepping from left to right and back again, whilst raising arms up and down.

The other half had somehow acquired a significant supply of toilet rolls, which were being formulated into large paper balls and thrown at said, avoiding, Invaders.

Brilliant invention, best fun imaginal and went on for ages - teams swapping around.

Hotel manager appears, goes both absolutely ballistic & apoplectic - orders our good selves to leave instantly.

Couldn't see what all the fuss was about...

...until you did slightly notice the aftermath of our amusement...

...fair shout, the 11 acre, Dryburgh Abbey Hotel complex in nearby St Boswells, is renowned as one of Scotland's finest wedding venues.

Wedding party awaiting entry to the extremely, 'posh' lounge bar, can clearly view our exhilarated endeavors... yet, seem to be be somewhat horrified and alarmed...

...Hotel manager apparently experiencing some serious grief from clientele writing the cheque...
I live for posts like this. Thank you so much!

Back