• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Funny And/Or Weird Happenings Whilst Drunk (Stoned; Tripping; Etc.)

I think I have to reassess my life choices!! I've just remembered another drunken night out when living in Merthyr Tydfil. I woke up the next morning at home in my bed (alone!) with my bloody left arm in plaster! I had absolutely zero memory of what had actually happened but through a series of flashbacks, I recalled getting run over by a taxi, being picked up by the police and of being in A&E getting my arm plastered (to match the rest of me I guess).
To this day I still don't know what happened to me that night but I definitely know that spirits were involved!
Congratulations on surviving!

It's part of our culture to consume alcohol at every social occassion. It helps you to forget all about your shitty council house on a shitty estate. To forget standing in the freezing rain waiting for another delayed or cancelled train. To forget the job you hate doing for a boss you can't stand. At home, the TV provides brief escapism (all that Celebrity in the jungle bollocks) but sooner of later you'll be listening to politicians spouting lies whilst the newspapers try to get you to top yourself with all their doom and gloom. But alcohol is a quick, cheap, socially acceptable and legal way to make it all go away. So we get hammered. Often. And forget about it all.
I have similarly wondered about the opioid and meth epidemic in the U.S. It must stem from an overall feeling of deep despair and hopelessness. Maybe it’s the inability of many to get beyond barely making it paycheck to paycheck, or simply not making it. The thing is, I think that the general standard of living for the middle and lower class is better than, or at least not appreciably worse than it was back in the 50’s and 60’s. But back then the general spirit was so optimistic and gung-ho. People had less back then but they were seemingly happier. What has changed? I think a major factor is that mass media today fills everybody’s heads with images of fabulous cars, huge beautiful houses, fulfilling careers, and the idea that these are what everybody should expect and experience in life. Most people don’t have and know that they will never have those things. Also people are overwhelmingly cynical about the political, business and educational institutions that form our basic cultural infrastructure. So nobody believes in the meaning and purpose of “contributing to society”. Or that’s how it seems to me anyway.

The 'Dancing Lights' thread bought back an old repressed memory.

It was last day of the Reading Music Festival sometime in the very early 1990s. Most of the bands had played and we were sat around our tents having a fire and drinking warm tinnies. All of a sudden these spinning white lights appeared nearby on the bottom of the clouds. It was dark, but these lights really did look like your classic spacecraft bursting through. All the people around us in the campsite seemed to be transfixed by them.

I was amazed, all these UFO stories I'd read about must be real! I would be there when they landed. However, if it was true then I was going to get zapped by aliens standing in a muddy field in Berkshire, not the glorious ending I was hoping for (I may have had a few ales at this time).

I watched more and more wide mouthed and panic stricken, until someone pointed out "good looking rave Henley way tonight innit, look at their lightshow". Oh... I quietly went back to drinking warm lager.

I had way too much to drink at a party but still rode my bicycle home. First I tore my shirt off and threw it in the river. Then I got on the bike, stopped at a gas station to buy a bottle of water, but I couldn’t find my wallet because I was so drunk, so I told the staff “I’M SHOPLIFTING THIS”!

They said they would call the cops, and I said yeah, right, over a bottle of water. Got back on my bike and rode. Fell time and time again, but didn’t really hurt myself. Taking all these falls in good stride, I built up overconfidence. Finally I faceplanted and knocked myself clean out.

When I came to, I was bleeding from the mouth, bleeding from the nose (but nothing broken), had blood down my chest, and I had a concussion, so I was very confused. I didn’t remember falling. All I remembered was the staff at the gas station calling the police, running from the police ... I became convinced the cops had beaten me up and left me for dead. OVER A BOTTLE OF WATER!

So I got back on my bike and started ridning home, yelling all the way variatations on “All cops are bastards”, “Fuck the police”, “I hate pigs” etc etc. Fortunately no cops heard me and I made it home without any more incidents.

When I woke up the next morning I realized I had fallen, but I thought I was just hung over. Only when the headache didn’t go away in the evening did I realize I had a concussion. I rarely ride my bike under the influence after that.

Last edited:
I had way too much to drink at a party but still rode my bicycle home. First I tore my shirt off and threw it in the river. Then I got on the bike, stopped at a gas station to buy a bottle of water, but I couldn’t find my wallet because I was so drunk, so I told the staff “I’M SHOPLIFTING THIS”!

They said they would call the cops, and I said yeah, right, over a bottle of water. Got back on my bike and rode. Fell time and time again, but didn’t really hurt myself. Taking all these falls in good stride, I built up overconfidence. Finally I faceplanted and knocked myself clean out.

When I came to, I was bleeding from the mouth, bleeding from the nose (but nothing broken), had blood down my chest, and I had a concussion, so I was very confused. I didn’t remember falling. All I remembered was the staff at the gas station calling the police, running from the police ... I became convinced the cops had beaten me up and left me for dead. OVER A BOTTLE OF WATER!

So I got back on my bike and started ridning home, yelling all the way variatations on “All cops are bastards”, “Fuck the police”, “I hate pigs” etc etc. Fortunately no cops heard me and I made it home without any more incidents.

When I woke up the next morning I realized I had fallen, but didn’t understand I had a concussion, thought I was just hung over. Only when the headache didn’t go away in the evening did I realize I had a concussion. I rarely ride my bike under the influence after that.
Good to see you back, bosskR.
I hope you got the concussion checked out at a hospital.

Here's my contribution to this topic, sadly not very exciting at first glance but still a mystery to me some 12 years later.

Back in 2007 I lived in Frankfurt, Germany. Now, Frankfurt is quite a strange town at the weekend as most people with any sort of a decent job seem to live in the small villages that surround Frankfurt and as a result on a Saturday night central Frankfurt can seem a bit quiet.

Anyway I happened to wander into a small bar in central Frankfurt and took a seat on a stool at the long wooden counter. I had several beers and was chatting on and off with the barstaff in my reasonably fluent German.

After about 30 minutes a really pretty German girl arrived and also sat at the bar 3 stools down from me.

I ended up chatting with her too and we went to sit at one of the tables and carried on drinking and chatting. In total by this time I would have drunk 3 beers and had started on my fourth. Draft Becks being my beer of choice in those days, the time would have been about 10:30 pm by the time beer number 4 was being consumed.

Next thing I know I am waking up in my bed at home alone, wearing my boxer shorts and a t-shirt, my clothes on the floor, I had only spent about 30 Euros the night before and there was no money missing. I just have a complete blank after around 10:30pm and have no idea how I got home. The strange thing is I wasn't really drunk after just 4 half litre Becks.

I did go back to the bar that (Sunday) afternoon but the day time staff were on duty so there was no one there I could ask about the night before.

I have never had another missing time incident since.

The only really annoying thing is that I remember the German girl as being really pretty and I have no idea where either she or the time went.

Here's my contribution to this topic, sadly not very exciting at first glance but still a mystery to me some 12 years later.

Back in 2007 I lived in Frankfurt, Germany. Now, Frankfurt is quite a strange town at the weekend as most people with any sort of a decent job seem to live in the small villages that surround Frankfurt and as a result on a Saturday night central Frankfurt can seem a bit quiet.

Anyway I happened to wander into a small bar in central Frankfurt and took a seat on a stool at the long wooden counter. I had several beers and was chatting on and off with the barstaff in my reasonably fluent German.

After about 30 minutes a really pretty German girl arrived and also sat at the bar 3 stools down from me.

I ended up chatting with her too and we went to sit at one of the tables and carried on drinking and chatting. In total by this time I would have drunk 3 beers and had started on my fourth. Draft Becks being my beer of choice in those days, the time would have been about 10:30 pm by the time beer number 4 was being consumed.

Next thing I know I am waking up in my bed at home alone, wearing my boxer shorts and a t-shirt, my clothes on the floor, I had only spent about 30 Euros the night before and there was no money missing. I just have a complete blank after around 10:30pm and have no idea how I got home. The strange thing is I wasn't really drunk after just 4 half litre Becks.

I did go back to the bar that (Sunday) afternoon but the day time staff were on duty so there was no one there I could ask about the night before.

The only really annoying thing is that I remember the German girl as being really pretty and I have no idea where either she or the time went.
That girl was an alien.

she roofied you! it happens!

So they have a Bermondsey triangle in Germany too...wow!

Sorry for my ignorance what does "roofied" mean?

It's a spin-off verb derived from the slang term roofy / roofie:

Term for Rohypnol, a sedative that was made in the early 1970s by Roche and was used in hospitals only for deep sedation. It is now a fairly infamous date-rape drug.
https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=roofie

To "roofie" someone is to slip them this or a closely similar sedative / hypnotic drug for nefarious (typically sexual) purposes.

It's a spin-off verb derived from the slang term roofy / roofie:

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=roofie

To "roofie" someone is to slip them this or a closely similar sedative / hypnotic drug for nefarious (typically sexual) purposes.

I see, in that case I am a bit pissed off I missed the "sexual purposes" bit as the girl in question was very very pretty. Anyway I can't imagine an attractive girl feeling the need to "roofie" a 2m tall English guy especially when I can speak German.

I still don't know how I got home though.

I see, in that case I am a bit pissed off I missed the "sexual purposes" bit as the girl in question was very very pretty. Anyway I can't imagine an attractive girl feeling the need to "roofie" a 2m tall English guy especially when I can speak German.

I still don't know how I got home though.
She had her wicked way with you!

Sorry for my ignorance what does "roofied" mean?

yeah what EnolaGaia said. she might not have had her wicked way with you (which joking aside, would be rape) but have you still got all your credit cards? maybe you should check your bank accounts. change your locks.

i'm being a bit flippant here but you never know! i've watched enough tv cop shows. you can get cards or something to test your drinks to see if its been messed with at the bar. i think. maybe this is one for urban myths.

yeah what EnolaGaia said. she might not have had her wicked way with you (which joking aside, would be rape) but have you still got all your credit cards? maybe you should check your bank accounts. change your locks.

Probably a bit late for that - he said it happened in 2007.

i'm being a bit flippant here but you never know! i've watched enough tv cop shows. you can get cards or something to test your drinks to see if its been messed with at the bar. i think. maybe this is one for urban myths.

As pointed out by others this happened 12 years ago but yes I still had my wallet, all my cash, and my flat keys. I just remember nothing after approx 10:30 pm after only 4 beers and to get home I would have needed to either go by metro and change lines once or take a taxi none of which I remember. I had no difficulty sitting down the next day either so that rules out aliens with anal probes too.

WOW!! What a very weird story indeed, thanks for sharing.
I must admit that I found myself feeling freaked out because I couldn't help but consider the possibility that had you actually managed to get hold of that night's bar staff to question them about your mysterious evening, you would have discovered that they had absolutely zero recollection of you being in the company of an extremely pretty German girl.
Sheer horror would have surely crept over your soul (like a bucket of ice cold water) as they revealed to you that you were in fact sat at a table on your own all evening, appearing to all and sundry to be having an animated conversation with YOURSELF !?! .........

No I am not that desperate I need to invent imaginary people to talk to.

No I am not that desperate I need to invent imaginary people to talk to.
Please forgive me but I certainly don't think for one minute you imagined anyone! I was thinking that what if you experienced a paranormal event and then I got carried away with wondering if it could have been a spirit or other paranormal entity?
As pointed out by others this happened 12 years ago but yes I still had my wallet, all my cash, and my flat keys. I just remember nothing after approx 10:30 pm after only 4 beers and to get home I would have needed to either go by metro and change lines once or take a taxi none of which I remember. I had no difficulty sitting down the next day either so that rules out aliens with anal probes too.
The fact that you somehow managed to get home adds even more to what happened to you. I know you said it happened 12 years ago but do you recall how you felt in yourself when you woke up?

Certainly possible ... but why? She was a very pretty German woman, wearing nice clothes, I was chatting with her for about an hour, nothing was stolen from me, even the Euro 270 I had in my wallet was still there the next morning.

It still baffles me 12 years later.
Perhaps she stole... some valuable... ingredient? There may be some kids you don't know about...

Just teasing, by the way. It could have all been innocent.

Please forgive me but I certainly don't think for one minute you imagined anyone! I was thinking that what if you experienced a paranormal event and then I got carried away with wondering if it could have been a spirit or other paranormal entity?

The fact that you somehow managed to get home adds even more to what happened to you. I know you said it happened 12 years ago but do you recall how you felt in yourself when you woke up?

Yes I felt great and then thought ... wait a minute! Where did last night go.

[QUOTE="plastic wiganer, post: 1861176, member: 51680"
[/QUOTE]
Think that's worth bumping. He's having the time of his life, poor fecker.

It has been suggested that he may be suffering the effects of ketamine and not drink.

My sister and future brother-in-law attended a London Polytechnic in the 1980's where the popular Head of the Entertainment Society (ENTSOC) ie Bar manager, was removed under very unfair circumstances. On his last night everyone bought him drinks and he was too nice to refuse the sentiments - he had a theory (widespread at the time I believe) that if you had a drink it would take at least 25 minutes for the alcohol to hit your bloodstream. His plan was simply to clear the entire table of drinks in 10 minutes, spend 5 minutes saying goodbye and then jump into his car for the 10 minute journey home before any adverse effects.
As he described it, he woke up the next day on his bed fully clothed and with the bedroom light on. He got up to switch the light off and noticed the door to the landing was open - wandering onto the landing he saw all the house lights were on. And the front door was wide open. He went down to shut the front door and saw his car outside half on the road, half on the pavement - with the driver's door wide open. Legend - he eventually became a Godfather to one of my nephews.

Back