• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Taxidermy: Badly Done; Funny; Bizarre; Etc.

Simo Häyhä went into battle behind that flag? maximus otter
Be fair. That is Finland's coat of arms, not its flag. Normally their flag looks like:
flag-finland-XL.jpg
But their military flag does include the coat of arms, so you aren't wrong:

173px-Flag_of_Finland_1920-1978_(Military).svg.png

This is the flag that Simo Häyhä would have fought under.

On the other hand, it is an utter masterpiece when compared to the marvel of design incompetence that is the ISIS flag.

The "lion" looks like a ventriloquist's dummy. Who had Lenny the Lion again?

The "lion" looks like a ventriloquist's dummy. Who had Lenny the Lion again?

Can't remember but I can see his face and hear his voice as if he were in the room with me now. Recently watched a compilation of Rainbow clips where Bungle, Zippy and George were terrified at the prospect of meeting him. Because he was a lion, not because he was dead camp.

Can't remember but I can see his face and hear his voice as if he were in the room with me now.

Terry Hall was the man with his fist in the lion's sphincter. Lenny was not just a lion but a lion in clown's make-up; the overall effect was of a lion doing an impression of a baboon's bum. I don't think this happens in nature.

Catchphrase* was, "I'm so embawassed!" uttered with the twang of a New York hostess.

*That was the lion talking. Hall knew no shame! :gobs:

Lenny meets Emu in 1987. Hall was tiny!

The comments on that Youtube page reveal that Terry Hall came from Chadderton, frighteningly close to here. The transatlantic twang seems to have faded or been a false memory of mine.

Last edited:
Hah, that Bungle sounds an eejit. A batch of stuffed endangered species were intercepted by Customs (from Nigeria I think) in 1982 and a Bosc Monitor lizard was given to the Grant Museum of Zoololgy in London - who didn't want it. From their blogsite : "If you want to upset a taxidermist, then refer to taxidermy specimens as “stuffed animals”. They will tell you that “stuffing” is not an accurate way of describing how taxidermy is made. However this lizard has in fact been stuffed". So much cotton wool in fact, the scales have ballooned out showing the usually hidden skin below.

Bosc_Monitor_Lizard.jpg

Terry Hall was the man with his fist in the lion's sphincter. Lenny was not just a lion but a lion in clown's make-up; the overall effect was of a lion doing an impression of a baboon's bum. I don't think this happens in nature.

Catchphrase* was, "I'm so embawassed!" uttered with the twang of a New York hostess.

*That was the lion talking. Hall knew no shame! :gobs:

Lenny meets Emu in 1987. Hall was tiny!

The comments on that Youtube page reveal that Terry Hall came from Chadderton, frighteningly close to here. The transatlantic twang seems to have faded or been a false memory of mine.

Terry Hall! But not THAT Terry Hall! Many thanks. Something about his appearance in that clip makes me wonder if he was Irish. If you catch my drift.

Here are two of the 12 custom bottle covers from Brewdog's extremely limited run "End of History" ale ...

Brewdog-EndOfHistory.jpg

"Another area we have explored is extreme ABV brewing. Using clowns, penguins and polar bears we have frozen, hopped and oak aged stronger beers than have ever before been made in the history of beer. ... The End of History, at 55%, is the final instalment of our efforts to redefine the limits of contemporary brewing.

This blond Belgian ale is infused with nettles from the Scottish Highlands and Fresh juniper berries. Only 12 bottles have been made and each comes with its own certificate and is presented in a stuffed stoat or grey squirrel. The striking packaging was created by a very talented taxidermist and all the animals used were road kill. This release is a limited run of 11 bottles, 7 stoats and 4 grey squirrels. Each ones comes with its own certificate of authenticity. ..."

Last edited:
I assume it's supposed to be funny. I mean where would you find 7 roadkill stoats for a start, and the ashtray is not really in keeping with 2020. Besides, that's not how you pour a beer (plus you can't have a 55% beer). So I suppose the taxidermy could just be photoshop. But still a tasteless concept, especially if it's real*?! Don't get me wrong, I might even have a bit of tastefully posed taxidermy in the house ( if I were allowed, ah it's not going to happen).

*real taxidermy I mean

Last edited:
I assume it's supposed to be funny. I mean where would you find 7 roadkill stoats for a start, and the ashtray is not really in keeping with 2020. Besides, that's not how you pour a beer (plus you can't have a 55% beer). So I suppose the taxidermy could just be photoshop. But still a tasteless concept, especially if it's real?! Don't get me wrong, I might even have a bit of tastefully posed taxidermy in the house ( if I were allowed, ah it's not going to happen).
Apparently this was all from 2016 in the States. It was a thank you gift to those who stumped up $20000 or more to allow Brewdog to expand.

So that's what happened to Bambi!

I feel the same way too.

Im all in favour of taxidermy but I feel there should be a degree of respect. Kitten tea partys may be amusing but a deer house is plain daft.

Which does not preclude ideas such as Jenny hannivers.

I feel the same way too.

Im all in favour of taxidermy but I feel there should be a degree of respect. Kitten tea partys may be amusing but a deer house is plain daft.

Which does not preclude ideas such as Jenny hannivers.
Yep, a bit like that twat who made that stuffed cat drone .. funny idea but it should have remained just an idea.

it should have remained just an idea.

I have messaged my relatives with all the info. I can find. Getting me off the ground may take a bit more (wasted) energy than for a moggie, though, hollowed-out, there is nothing to me. I will feel greatly-respected, if I can even take off!

I will regret nothing but the lack of a live audience, in these times! Record it, so everyone can have a laugh, especially at the dangly bits! Fit a GoPro and I can message back - sort-of! :thought:

Last edited:
I have messaged my relatives with all the info. I can find. Getting me off the ground may take a bit more (wasted) energy than for a moggie, though, hollowed-out, there is nothing to me. I will feel greatly-respected, if I can even take off!

I will regret nothing but the lack of a live audience, in these times! Record it, so everyone can have a laugh! Fit a GoPro and I can message back - sort-of! :thought:
The Jim-O-Drone? .. OK, you're on .. :c4u:

Hang on, I haven't died yet! Driven back into work, in covid-rich, child-infested places, however, it is a case of fingers-crossed for the near future! :willy:
You can't back out of it now. I've got it in writing on the internets. And you'd be letting down the kids.

Last edited:
Back