• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Furries & Animal Wannabes

There are people who bring their lifestyles that far.
I have met furries, a fair few in fact.
Some of them even believe they are animals.
A few of them (I am thus informed by an ex-friend who is a furry) have sex with, or want to have sex with, animals. All very dark.

Furrie hate not cool it's bad enough that Furrie cons have received bomb threats in the USA and other crap and I expect better from mods on hear this is not Reddit.

I dont hate him, I just don't think we should indulge him.

Nothing wrong with dressing up and acting: am-dram, LARP, historical re-enactment, murder mystery, fancy-dress parties--all great stuff--but it isn't 'your identity', and you are in no way a dog.

It's simply something silly he likes doing.

Last edited:
I dont hate him, I just don't think we should indulge him.

Nothing wrong with dressing up and acting: am-dram, LARP, historical re-enactment, murder mystery, fancy-dress parties--all great stuff--buf it isn't 'your identity' and you are in no way a dog.

It's simply something silly he likes doing.
:agree:

I wonder if he wears it if he has to go to the hospital for something :snoopnap: probably not , they'd send him straight to the psych ward to be checked out

Or to the veterinary hospital.

I'm fairly sure that's a sexual fetish thing. Not sure why we the DM thinks we need to know about it.

It's not an uncommon one - some people with an interest or orientation on the submissive side of BDSM kink do have a puppy-dog persona. It floats their boat, and as long as it's only involving consenting adults, not causing harm to themselves or others then why not?

There are a heck of a lot of kinky folks around, it's just that some of their signals/symbols can be very subtle (unlike this chap). There's even a kind of coded tattoo/jewellery symbol, if you know what to look for...

That is the extremist wing of furries!

nazfur.jpg

https://www.geek.com/tech/internet-gutter-nazi-furries-1669775/

I have a very good friend who wears a fursuit from time to time. He is approximately 30 and has Asperger syndrome, which has caused him serious problems throughout his life.

There is a worldwide furry/fursuit community. They are extremely supportive of each other. I get the impression that many of them have Asperger or similar conditions.

People with Asperger often struggle to interpret facial expressions and nuances of mood in others. They struggle to filter information and visual stimuli. Very often, the secondary effect of their condition is that they were marginalised and bullied at school and they struggle with certain kinds of social interaction. (Of course, details vary between individuals.)

The fursuit hobby helps such people to cope in 3 ways:
1) The "animal" has no variation of facial expression, so communication is through words and big obvious gestures.
2) I suspect that the static face of the mask means that there is less visual information to "overload the circuits".
3) Hiding behind a mask and a persona is a well known way to overcome social awkwardness.

Apart from that, 4) it is harmless fun.

So, it is not a "trivial fursuit".:headspinner:

Unfortunately, furries (fursuit enthusiasts) often find themselves mocked and sometimes physically bullied. FFS. It is just a harmless hobby, like playing music, or juggling, or collecting stamps, or making model railways, or flying kites, or going to concerts, or being interested in yowies. Leave them alone.

Of course, every so often, an individual decides to seek attention from the media, and the media then print a sensational or silly story without doing any deeper research.

Moving on, Diogenes, the first Cynic, argued that we should all be more like dogs. A dog does not pretend to like you: it either likes you and shows it, or doesn't like you and shows it. A dog has no false modesty, and no social airs and graces. The word cynic comes from the Greek for dog, and is related to the more widely known known Latin canis which gives us the word canine.

Diogenese kept his personal possessions to a minimum, and allegedly lived in a barrel (probably a large earthenware pot?) and did all his bodily functions in the street, just as a dog would. There are many stories of Diogenese that you can look up for yourself. Wikipedia is a good starting point.

In my view, any fool can see that social conventions are artificial and arbitrary. The wise man accepts that some conventions are useful despite the fact that they are arbitrary. Diogenese was little more than a very early punk rocker, defiantly shouting, "Everything's sh*t, I believe in anarchy," whilst relying on wider society to carry on growing and transporting the food he needed, and to protect him from crime and violence and so on.

I have seen a documentary on a young woman (in her 20's if I recall correctly), who genuinely believed that she was a wolf. Not so much in the sense of a werewolf, but moreso that she identified with wolves, the way they acted, with what they ate and how they behaved. She also had a small number of like minded friends who shared the same belief. It was a little strange, as she seemed to be, but essentially harmless.

I suppose a big part of the Disney Appeal (TM) is how much they leave up to you. What kind of relationship do Mickey and Minnie have? Or Nick and Judy? Or Donald and Daisy? You decide. Rather a generous way of doing things, really, even if it does cause the odd online argument.
:fence::p
Furries. They're everyone's problem.

Bestiality by proxy is what furries are. You don't have a problem with that? Then maybe I have a problem with you too.

Thank you for so vividly proving my point. The fact that you're incapable of seeing past a few perverted idiots to the true, incredibly wide-ranging, creative and accepting fandom is your problem, not ours. I suggest we don't get any more into this, as it's very likely not appropriate for this thread, or even this forum.

Thank you for so vividly proving my point. The fact that you're incapable of seeing past a few perverted idiots to the true, incredibly wide-ranging, creative and accepting fandom is your problem, not ours. I suggest we don't get any more into this, as it's very likely not appropriate for this thread, or even this forum.
Furries are grotesque, and you're creepy, so I'm ignoring you henceforth.

... I suggest we don't get any more into this, as it's very likely not appropriate for this thread, or even this forum.

This spat has been transplanted from the Disney Urban Legends thread to this more (but not completely) appropriate location.

Thank you for noticing the irrelevance aspect in the original setting, and I strongly endorse your suggestion.

Furries are grotesque, and you're creepy, so I'm ignoring you henceforth.

That strikes me as a reasonable final (I emphasize final) shot.

First they came for clowns, and their reputation is now ruined. Then they started on Santa Claus, and now it's people dressed as animal characters. Believe me, I've seen The Banana Splits horror movie and felt insulted on their behalf.

Back