• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Furries & Animal Wannabes

First they came for clowns, and their reputation is now ruined. Then they started on Santa Claus, and now it's people dressed as animal characters. Believe me, I've seen The Banana Splits horror movie and felt insulted on their behalf.
It'll be the Easter Bunny next.

@AlchoPwn , didn't you say you had a girlfriend who used to dress up in a mouse costume?
She did that for work, not creepy sexual fetishism. She also hated being in the costume as it stank and children kicked her. I should also mention that it was also the worst relationship I have ever been in. That chic was ultimately slightly less fun that a brush with cancer. Nuff sed.

She did that for work, not creepy sexual fetishism. She also hated being in the costume as it stank and children kicked her. I should also mention that it was also the worst relationship I have ever been in. That chic was ultimately slightly less fun that a brush with cancer. Nuff sed.
I've always felt sorry for Disneyland employees who have to walk around dressed as Mickey or Donald or Goofy in the blazing heat and pretend to be cheerful at the same time all of the time.

I wonder who cleans those costumes and if they have fan or liquid cooling pipe systems inside them?

edit .. sorry to see you go WanderingFox

Somebody had to stop the rise of the Furred Reich...
(jk) I had hit the ignore button and that was an end to the matter as far as I was concerned. I am going to unwatch this forum topic, it makes me throw up in my mouth a bit.

Last edited:
Furries being furries:-

The purple-haired lynx in that video is Strobes, a popular fellow in the fandom. This is why:-

I can supply more vids if requested.

Please note everyone that this is a place for examining the margins.

If you want to make derogatory, baiting, inflammatory or ill-informed statements on other people's lifestyles then go somewhere else to do it. Do not post in a way that stops other members getting first hand accounts of interesting phenomena.

Some of the posts above this were not appreciated by the Mods and should not be repeated.

Frideswide

Random, extremely whimsical thought inspired by the Giant Bipedal Cats thread, and a suggestion that one of the sightings described within it might possibly have been a fursuiter...

While suiters are usually very particular about where, when and how they suit up, it's not beyond the realms of possibility that a well-lubricated furry might randomly decide, one night, that donning their fuzzy alter ego and going for a galumph around the local woods is a great way to spend some otherwise idle time.

Then imagine someone else happens to pass the wood, who might also happen to be well-lubricated, and occasions to see something large, hairy and animal-like wandering through the shadows beneath the trees, making strange, unearthly noises. Cue panicked reports to anyone who'd listen of a huge, scary, bestial cryptid prowling the forest after dark, roaring like a demon...

Next thing the sozzled furry knows, having spent most of the night stumbling drunkenly lost around the woods, moaning and shouting because they keep banging their head on branches and their expensively realistic suit's covered footpaw-to-ear in mud and brambles, they're making a guest appearance on a brand new episode of Mountain Monsters.

Ah, my mind sometimes. :crazy:

Saw this poster just now. Rather out of date but an intriguing image.

received_860441054470996.jpeg

The station where I saw the photo had an exhibition of this photographer's work last year, which is why I saw it there.

Meeting the Furries

If you scroll down you can see the exact poster in situ!
(Look at the surrounding brickwork.)

If you have a spare 90 minutes, and a genuine interest in the furry fandom - its history, its meaning, its facets - this is well worth watching.

I try not to be anti furry.

But I often get the impression that they never take their masks off? You know?

Not like dressing up and then putting away the costume and being yourself?

No sense of detachment?

I try not to be anti furry.

But I often get the impression that they never take their masks off? You know?

Not like dressing up and then putting away the costume and being yourself?

No sense of detachment?

Not entirely sure what you're getting at, here. Could you clarify?

Furries are fans of anthropomorphic animals. That's it. No more complicated than that. It's expressed in a myriad of ways, including art, writing, music and dressing up, but no one of those things defines the fandom. It's actually very much like any other fandom - Trek, Wars, Potter, etc - just about a concept rather than a property. I wonder if that's where some of the confusion lies for people?

I suppose one difference is that it's more purely creative and personal, which would make it harder to 'put away the costume', in a metaphorical sense. The costume's a part of you, often a big one. You might as well say 'stop being creative'.

Sorry if I'm rambling, but I've been thinking about this lately, and I am genuinely curious about outside perceptions of the fandom, and what generates them.

Sheriff Joe welcomes the furries!

Former Maricopa County sheriff Joe Arpaio, now himself a convicted criminal, is among America's most plainspoken racists and bigots. So it was a surprise when he issued a warm personal welcome to visitors hoping to make it to a the 2021 furry convention in Phoenix. The surprise, however, was also his: he had no idea what a furry was, or why the person who made the request would have a name like "Sir Yiffs-a-Lot"

"Hey, good luck organizing the Arizona Furry convention," Arpaio begins, though he pronounces it "Fury," suggesting he's not totally certain what he's been asked to talk about. It's "for animal lovers," he adds by way of explanation.

"I've always loved animals, fought those that abused animals and will continue to do so," he continues. "In any event, have a great convention."
https://boingboing.net/2020/09/10/joe-arpaio-welcomes-furries-to.html

Sheriff Joe welcomes the furries!

Former Maricopa County sheriff Joe Arpaio, now himself a convicted criminal, is among America's most plainspoken racists and bigots. So it was a surprise when he issued a warm personal welcome to visitors hoping to make it to a the 2021 furry convention in Phoenix. The surprise, however, was also his: he had no idea what a furry was, or why the person who made the request would have a name like "Sir Yiffs-a-Lot"

https://boingboing.net/2020/09/10/joe-arpaio-welcomes-furries-to.html

They pulled the wool over his eyes.

Carefully crafted scripts, meant to be read out loud, can be edited to hide from the voice actor the final result. I assume the voice-over narration style was used.
Yes... they may have written in stuff to make her think it was satire and then edited out all those key bits. Outright deception, possibly.

A good youtube post on furries. Interesting:

Saw this on a discussion thread on Russian infiltration :)

1644091119459.png

Gyro
@NotGyro
·
11 u
Als antwoord op
@WokeBeyond
I'm on a Russian-language Discord server for my favorite furry webcomic, because I'm on like 8 Discord servers for that one webcomic. I enjoy using Google Translate to post stuff like "boops you" and "oh gosh you have a cute tailpoof!" (poorly translated into fucked-up Russian)

Was looking at bitcoin youtubes. Saw this:

Ram Ranch Liaison
Speaking of furries.
Let me tell you guys about one of the most heart warming wholesome stories I've ever heard in my life.
Back in 2016 there was a furry convention going on in a Vancouver hotel. It just so happened that very same hotel decided to do their part and offer temporary housing for Syrian refugees. The hotel decided it would be a good idea to inform all the guests that there would be two busses of Syrian families arriving later that evening so the furries got together and decided to use the last day of their convention to throw a welcoming celebration for the children. The Syrian children obviously had no idea what furries were and naturally assumed that they were cartoon mascots and thought they were there just for them. The kids had a great time and the parents were just so happy to see their kids smile after everything they had been through.
I'm not a furry myself but most of them seem to be genuinely good people so I'm not at all surprised that they were the first ones to identify that disgusting bigot regardless of the blow back they might face.

Back