• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Gagging!

Spudrick68

Justified & Ancient
A friend posted on Facebook that her daughter insisted that you cannot gag if you touch your elbow! She claims to have tried it and it works. I have no idea where this child got this from, or how she 'discovered' it!

Thanks for the tip.
I'll try to remember that advice when I'm next bowing before the porcelain altar. :)

I want peeps to try it to see if it does work. Go on, stick your fingers down your throat while touching your elbow and let me know what happens! :?

Spudrick68 said:
I want peeps to try it to see if it does work. Go on, stick your fingers down your throat while touching your elbow and let me know what happens! :?

Five attempts. Touching elbow while sticking finger down throat.

The first. No gag.
The second. Gagged.
The third. Gagged.
The fourth. Gagged.
The fifth. Little bit of sick.

Is this wind up?

Spudrick68 said:
A friend posted on Facebook that her daughter insisted that you cannot gag if you touch your elbow!...

Hold on. (Touches elbow.)

Why did the chicken cross the road?

ARSENAL!!

Bloody hell - she's right.

Spudrick68 said:
A friend posted on Facebook that her daughter insisted that you cannot gag if you touch your elbow! She claims to have tried it and it works. I have no idea where this child got this from, or how she 'discovered' it!

Maybe it only works if you're a little girl?

we need more details.
you stick, say, two fingers of your right hand down your throat and you must touch the elbow of that same right hand with one or more fingers of your left hand?
ah, the troubles of research...

I'm sorry Mooksta. There appear to be too many unknown variables to continue this research. :(

And what about the control group? (Who presumably sit around NOT sticking their fingers down their throat and not being sick).

What if you were in mid gag? A non forced gag is often a series of gags, would the elbow touching cut short the gagging?

Is it a simple "focus on something else" trick. Rather than touching your elbow while trying to make yourself gag/sick, maybe it's if you feel like you might gag touch your elbow and really focus on that. It takes your mind of gagging and, ta-dah! You then stop gagging.

As a student I had to spend two weeks in a Christian Science nursing home, where they used to tell the sickly people that if they felt they were going to vomit, to ask the Lord to contain them! When I pointed out that a simple mental distraction would often help while feeling sick I was told that God didn't work that way! :lol: :roll:

Bahahahaha! :lol:

That's made my day

BlackRiverFalls said:
Maybe it only works if you're a little girl?

Just as long as this ul didn't come from Gary Glitter. :shock:

You've been looking at that Olympics logo again, haven't you?

Isn't this just a bit, ever so slightly, airing on the side of 'no use whatsoever'
I never try to make myself gag. Why would I? Now with this wonder treatment I could possibly not gag while attempting to make myself gag??? That is double pointless and maybe actually tearing a hole in my reality

... this really has me flummoxed

Back