• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Galilee Jesusworld Themepark

KeyserXSoze

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
Good lord: source
World News
Jesus Christ: The theme park? Theme Park At Holy Site
Updated: 15:54, Wednesday January 04, 2006
American Christians are weeks away from agreeing the final details for a £28m bible-based theme park in Israel.

The park would be put next to the Sea of Galilee, where Jesus is said to have walked on water and fed 5,000 people with five loaves of bread and two fish.

A group led by television evangelist Pat Robertson is currently negotiating with the Israeli government.

The plan would see land leased to the group, which would provide the cash to build the park.

It would bring an estimated one million extra tourists to the area every year.

Features may include a nature park, auditorium, Holy Land exhibition, outdoor amphitheatres, places to pray and a media studio.

The scheme underlines how ties have strengthened in recent years between Israel and evangelical Christian groups.

Israelis who support the scheme say it will bring money and jobs to the area.

But others are more suspicious, pointing out many Christian fundamentalists believe all Jews must convert to their religion.
I am looking forward to the Daniel and the Lions ride... :shock:

Scary stuff on a number of levels. So are the ampitheatres for the early christian re-enactment groups? Would love to see how they deal with revelations though ;)

KeyserXSoze said:
Good lord: source
World News
Jesus Christ: The theme park? Theme Park At Holy Site
Updated: 15:54, Wednesday January 04, 2006

Israelis who support the scheme say it will bring money and jobs to the area.

But others are more suspicious, pointing out many Christian fundamentalists believe all Jews must convert to their religion.
I am looking forward to the Daniel and the Lions ride... :shock:
With friends like Pat Robertson and his followers, who needs enemies?
http://www.guardian.co.uk/comment/story/0,3604,1195568,00.html

Comment
Their beliefs are bonkers, but they are at the heart of power

US Christian fundamentalists are driving Bush's Middle East policy

George Monbiot
Tuesday April 20, 2004
The Guardian

In the United States, several million people have succumbed to an extraordinary delusion. In the 19th century, two immigrant preachers cobbled together a series of unrelated passages from the Bible to create what appears to be a consistent narrative: Jesus will return to Earth when certain preconditions have been met. The first of these was the establishment of a state of Israel. The next involves Israel's occupation of the rest of its "biblical lands" (most of the Middle East), and the rebuilding of the Third Temple on the site now occupied by the Dome of the Rock and al-Aqsa mosques. The legions of the antichrist will then be deployed against Israel, and their war will lead to a final showdown in the valley of Armageddon. The Jews will either burn or convert to Christianity, and the Messiah will return to Earth.

What makes the story so appealing to Christian fundamentalists is that before the big battle begins, all "true believers" (ie those who believe what they believe) will be lifted out of their clothes and wafted up to heaven during an event called the Rapture. Not only do the worthy get to sit at the right hand of God, but they will be able to watch, from the best seats, their political and religious opponents being devoured by boils, sores, locusts and frogs, during the seven years of Tribulation which follow.

"Yeah! We're gonna take real good care of you boys... Right up until the Anti-Christ fries your kosher heinies! Then we'll all be too busy, sittin' on clouds, eatin' hot buttered popcorn and watchin'the show!" :madeyes:

Freshly caught fish, wine on tap, donkey rides - might not be that bad...

;)

coldelephant said:
Freshly caught fish, wine on tap, donkey rides - might not be that bad...

;)

Line on the left one cross each....

The Sodom and Gomorrah exhibit will be really popular, and I'm quite looking forward to the Jonah & the Whale water ride, but I'm not sure if the Christians vs Lions show is really suitable for young children.

Ahem, sorry, I'm assuming this is a wind-up but if it's real then may the god/ess of your choice help us all.

Jane.

Will there be a man in a big Jesus suit to have your picture taken standing beside? If there isn't, then I'm not going.

gncxx said:
Will there be a man in a big Jesus suit to have your picture taken standing beside? If there isn't, then I'm not going.
Happy smiling, Foam Latex JeeZ-Zus! :D

What if it all goes wrong? I've seen Westworld, I know what can happen!!!

There will probably be pie throwing at 'Judas'.

This is his body, eat it - $1.50 please.

This is his blood, drink it - $3.50 per glass

Authentic fish and bread from the time - nice stale bread and runny smelly fish putrescence - yours for a very reasonable price!

Well, my first thought was this was a massive hoax, but not only are these Americans, but Christian Fundamentalist Americans...so I guess anything's possible! (No offence to all the Americans here...i mean it witl love! well, not to the fundamentalists)

That said, I can't help but wonder if it'll still go ahead given this helpful diatribe..
Television evangelist Pat Robertson suggested Thursday that Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon's stroke was divine retribution for the Israeli withdrawal from Gaza, which Robertson opposed.

"He was dividing God's land, and I would say, 'Woe unto any prime minister of Israel who takes a similar course to appease the [European Union], the United Nations or the United States of America,'" Robertson told viewers of his long-running television show, "The 700 Club."

"God says, 'This land belongs to me, and you'd better leave it alone,'" he said.
BUT, it's alright to rent it out to Pat Roberston, presumably?

I'd say "Jesus Christ :roll:,", but given the context...;)

Back