• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Game Of Thrones [Spoilers]

In the book he did.

Yes. I'm a pacifist. Wars just make things worse. But a 'just war' - if there is such a thing - would be fought against the purveyors of racial genocide and slavery. Both of which Daenerys was fighting.
Thanks for the details. I did not read the books (I browsed through one in the library and didn't like the writing style).

Perhaps I misunderstood the last episodes in the series, but I thought most of the Kings Landing inhabitants, who the dragon was destroying, were the innocent shopkeepers, farmers, etc. Danerys willfully and happily killed them, although they were innocent.

I have no useful suggestions to the alternatives to war. I am not a pacifist. What types of diplomacy and concessions would have prevented the slaughter in Asia and Europe in WWII?

Caught up on episodes 3 and 4 tonight.
Very impressed!
Matt Smith's extended combat sequence in episode 3 was truly spectacular and the character development in 4 was extremely clever. We now have a handful of characters who we're never quite sure if they're batting for good or evil.
This is the series that Amazon Prime can only wish that they had franchised instead of the somewhat disappointing (to date) Rings of Power.

Caught up on episodes 3 and 4 tonight.
Very impressed!
Matt Smith's extended combat sequence in episode 3 was truly spectacular and the character development in 4 was extremely clever. We now have a handful of characters who we're never quite sure if they're batting for good or evil.
This is the series that Amazon Prime can only wish that they had franchised instead of the somewhat disappointing (to date) Rings of Power.
Delicious stuff.
This is House Dragon/Targaryen and I am loving it. The King finally got his talons out. I thought Otto was a gonner.

1663061854567.jpeg

Delicious stuff.
This is House Dragon/Targaryen and I am loving it. The King finally got his talons out. I thought Otto was a gonner.

Yep. Wonder who will be the new "Hand"?

Loved the bit where Daemon takes the incognito princess out on the town and gets her so worked up that she practically rapes the somewhat dumbfounded Ser Criston when she gets home. If the sexes had been reversed, that scene would have been rather more disturbing.
Great to have something to look forward to on a Monday now!

Best ep so far. Only thing missing was Milly's nipples.

I think of Daemon as an explorer. He gets so high on adventure that being home bores him stupid. He knew exactly what he was doing priming The Princess like that. Toying with The Realm. He reminds me of Tyrion, and that's a meta weird prompt.

6 eps in and the heat is on for new Rainera.

Is Alysant’s eldest Aegon the mad king?

Wow! Ep 6 was powerful!
That 10 year time-slip blindsided me at first.
All the characters and their bitter rivalries are developing nicely.
Really looking forward to the next instalment.

Anywho, Alicent's eldest, Aegon, is a nutty wanker in every sense of both terms. Batty as a cactus. I like him, but his end should be fun.

Really looking forward to the next instalment.
My wee research indeed revealed a huge shakeup for our gals. Bloody hells.

Episode 8 was a very powerful one.
Not huge on action - except for a particularly gross-out decapitation, but Paddy Considine, as the frail and now hideously cadaverous King Viserys, played an absolute blinder in his desperation to draw his dysfunctional family together.
Terrific TV!

Ah felicity. What a belter of an ep. Top shelf television. That ending was awesome. Rhaenys could have gone full drakaris, yet her wisdom spoke to her and she knew that the resulting anarchy would not have been the answer. She truly is meetest to reign. Go the gals!

The mascot couldn't believe he met Emilia Clarke from Game of Thrones​

There is a Dunk & Egg series on the way according to HBO. Though I suppose the writer`s strike could derail it.

So what is their marching song?

Ghana's military has been forced to deny that West African generals marched into a meeting about the crisis in Niger to the theme tune of TV series Games of Thrones, after a faked video circulated online.

The doctored clip was broadcast by the Ghanaian channel UTV on social media but later taken down.

According to representatives of the Ghanaian army, no such songs were played during Thursday's guard of honour parade in Accra that opened a two-day Ecowas conference.

https://www.bbc.com/news/live/world...df730ccc7c7a2997bcee43&pinned_post_type=share

So what is their marching song?

Ghana's military has been forced to deny that West African generals marched into a meeting about the crisis in Niger to the theme tune of TV series Games of Thrones, after a faked video circulated online.

The doctored clip was broadcast by the Ghanaian channel UTV on social media but later taken down.

According to representatives of the Ghanaian army, no such songs were played during Thursday's guard of honour parade in Accra that opened a two-day Ecowas conference.

https://www.bbc.com/news/live/world-africa-66073409?ns_mchannel=social&ns_source=twitter&ns_campaign=bbc_live&ns_linkname=64df730ccc7c7a2997bcee43&Fake 'Game of Thrones' video angers Ghana army&2023-08-18T14:06:31.375Z&ns_fee=0&pinned_post_locator=urn:asset:8c4535f7-a23c-4182-ae49-b781d70f040a&pinned_post_asset_id=64df730ccc7c7a2997bcee43&pinned_post_type=share

The Ghanaian army learned their marching techniques from that other awe-inspiring military machine, the Russian army:

maximus otter

Last edited:
The GoT slaughter continues.

In the wee hours of Sunday morning, an Australian couple—a 26-year-old woman an 34-year-old man—were visiting the Croatian city of Dubrovnik when they paused atop a medieval wall featured in Game of Thrones. Unfortunately, the woman leaned against the man, according to witnesses, and they both fell off the wall to the ground ten meters below. The woman is in critical condition while the man suffered a broken leg.

"Andrijana Biskup, a spokeswoman for Dubrovnik-Neretva police, told local news station Dubrovacka Televizija that the couple had been cuddling or kissing when the fall occurred and that alcohol may have played a part in the accident," according to the The Sydney Morning Herald.

The tourist spot, a medieval area called Pile, became a very popular destination after Game of Thrones aired.

https://boingboing.net/2023/08/28/c...edieval-wall-featured-in-game-of-thrones.html

Here's a genuine Game of Thrones prop mirror, with Techy for scale.
It's at the Blues Kitchen in Manchester where we went at the weekend.

Attachments

• G of T mirror.jpeg
    G of T mirror.jpeg
    96.3 KB · Views: 20
Sad news, I reckon the Special Branch are behind this.

The Dark Hedges avenue of beech trees

The Dark Hedges were used as a filming location in HBO's Game of Thrones, representing the Kings road

Up to 11 trees at a Northern Ireland beauty spot made famous by fantasy drama Game of Thrones may have to be cut down.

The Dark Hedges, a tunnel of beech trees near Armoy, County Antrim, became a popular tourist attraction after featuring in the series.

But a report has found that a majority of the trees are in a poor state and one is dead.

There is now a health and safety risk to visitors, a campaigner has said.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-northern-ireland-67215059

Sad news, I reckon the Special Branch are behind this.

The Dark Hedges avenue of beech trees

The Dark Hedges were used as a filming location in HBO's Game of Thrones, representing the Kings road

Up to 11 trees at a Northern Ireland beauty spot made famous by fantasy drama Game of Thrones may have to be cut down.

The Dark Hedges, a tunnel of beech trees near Armoy, County Antrim, became a popular tourist attraction after featuring in the series.

But a report has found that a majority of the trees are in a poor state and one is dead.

There is now a health and safety risk to visitors, a campaigner has said.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-northern-ireland-67215059

Sadly some of the other trees have been recently lost due to weather-related incidents and tourist vehicle traffic is affecting the roots. The Wikpedia page is worth a read:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dark_Hedges

Back