• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Game Of Thrones [Spoilers]

Because the piss weak sap allowed himself to be persuaded to thwart her only defense by outlawing trial by combat, effectively turning on her. He crossed her by siding with her avowed enemies.
If she wanted him to die she would have just have allowed him to go to the Sept and die with the others.
Why did she show no emotion whatsoever when he did die? I think she had the attitude of if I can't control you, no one will and had resigned herself to his loss. I think his end was part of her design.

It's just an opinion.

Because the piss weak sap allowed himself to be persuaded to thwart her only defense by outlawing trial by combat, effectively turning on her. He crossed her by siding with her avowed enemies.

Why did she show no emotion whatsoever when he did die? I think she had the attitude of if I can't control you, no one will and had resigned herself to his loss. I think his end was part of her design.

It's just an opinion.

Yes, I think she was already resigned to his loss, hence the lack of emotion - but only because of the prophecy. Her love for her children has always been Cersei's only "weakness", and she's spoken of it often throughout the series. I personally just can't imagine she would intentionally inflict her spite on Tommen, despite him being weak and brainwashed by religious fanatics.

However she now has nothing to hold her back from full on evil queen mode.

I feel kind of sorry for Cersi at this stage, she's lost everything except zombie Mountain... and got the throne right about the time it's all going into the fan.

Also Maggie the frog's prophecy is curious:

"You will be queen , for a time, then comes another, younger, more beautiful, to cast you down and take all you hold dear"

Which suggests Dany to me as next up, in which case, she probably won't see the end of the next season.

Or is there anyone else in the picture who is younger and more beautiful?

BTW can anyone remember what happened to the Borathian bastard guy - IIRC he was a blacksmith or something similar, I can't remember seeing him after the Red Woman was putting leeches on him for his royal blood?

The Onion Knight helped him to escape. He hasn't been seen since.

‘Game of Thrones’ site in Co Antrim may be closed to traffic
Executive could ban vehicles from the Dark Hedges over fears for the future of the trees

The road through the Dark Hedges tourist attraction in Co Antrim could be closed to traffic permanently over fears for the future of the trees.

The trees, which were planted on the Bregagh Road by the Stuart family in the 18th-century, are used to represent the King’s Road in the hit TV fantasy drama Game of Thrones.

The road was closed earlier this year when two of the trees fell following high winds.

Concerns have been raised that the high volume of traffic through the attraction contributed to the problem.

The Northern Ireland Executive’s Department of Infrastructure, headed by Sinn Féin’s Chris Hazzard, has proposed banning vehicles from the road.
The department has said it intends to publish a notice of intention for the proposal later this year. ...

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/irel...-co-antrim-may-be-closed-to-traffic-1.2754337

OK, I am now up to speed with season 6! Here they come, flying through the sky, getting everyone worried, that they're gonna die...

Best episode ending was Hodor's big revelation, now we know what he was on about. Still not 100% clear on who is doing what to whom, but I trust the show runners, especially since they cast Kevin Eldon in a couple of episodes. Not happy about what happened to Margaery, but maybe she had outlived her plot usefulness. Just a year and a half to wait till we see what happens next...

Best episode ending was Hodor's big revelation, now we know what he was on about.

That might have been my least favourite thing about the last season, never liked Hodor as a character as he didn't seem to have any existence outside of being a tool for Bran, so sucks more that Bran made him that way.

That might have been my least favourite thing about the last season, never liked Hodor as a character as he didn't seem to have any existence outside of being a tool for Bran, so sucks more that Bran made him that way.

At least he went out a hero, though, which is more than you can say for most of those who get killed in this show.

Or did he? Bran had warged into him, so just a tool again? And a disposable one this time?

Though in fairness, he got a relativly pleasant death for GoT, rather than perhaps having his skull crushed or getting disembowled by a felling axe to the crotch.

Actually, we never saw him die, so maybe he'll be back!

I was watching this vid that speculates how Zombie Mountain might get done in... it's got me thinking:

Personally I'd prefer Arya to nail him, though I'm buggered to figure out how she'd do that, a lot of people like the 'CleganeBowl' theory where The Hound kills him... really though I'm at a loss as to how any single character could take him out.

The surviving Martell's ganging up on him might do the trick, as The Last Harpy suggests.

Or he's an easy mark for some of the non-human protagonists.

Just wondering what other people think?

Dunno. I think Cersi only has it through marriage to Robert Borathean? And we've run out of Boratheans unless we're counting the blacksmith bastard. But if the Lanisters do have a claim, we've kind of run out of them too.

I think I've lost the plot there! :rofl:

Clegane's are only bannermen to the Lanisters. Not that I'd want to be the one to disagree with Zombie Mountain if he thought it was his.

If we're going with Maggie the Frog's prophecy, I still think Dany is next up.

I'm not convinced he's a viable candidate, as with Varys (who possibly has Targaryen/Blackfire blood), I don't think the population would accept him as a ruler.

Which is probably why both have plots to put other people on the throne.

Alternatively, Jon's Valyrian steel Mormont sword could rent him in twain. Robert The Strong is not unlike a white walker now.

tumblr_nlr30lecNW1r5pjkqo1_500.jpg

Jim Broadbent will be in the next season, presumably playing Father Christmas. How long before Hugh Grant is persuaded to take a role?

The Viking king who may have inspired Game of Thrones
Harald was killed in the manner of Stannis Baratheon but there are many parallels between him and Denaerys Targaryn and especially Tyrion Lannister

Harald Hardrada, king of Norway from 1046-1066.

Harald is best known now for being killed in 1066 in the manner of Stannis Baratheon: an overconfident military commander surprised by a wily opponent. Stannis was defeated by the man-flaying psychopath Ramsay Bolton in the midst of a snow storm, while Harald and his men were surprised while sunbathing along the banks of a river, their armour 10 miles away. And there are many more, surprising parallels between Harald Hardrada and George RR Martin’s favourite characters.

Let’s start with the Hound, the ruthless master swordsman with a half-burned face. He and Harald are both younger brothers with chips on their shoulders and with older brothers from hell. The Mountain, eight foot of muscle and attitude, is the biggest man in Westeros, and showed his mean, bullying attitude when still a child, pushing the young Hound’s face in the fire for playing with his toys. In contrast Harald’s brother, King Olaf the Stout, was known for his womanising and the size of his belly, and for his chilling blue eyes which could silence a man at a glance. Olaf was the kind of brother who succeeded at everything: he went on his first Viking expedition at the age of 12, came home laden with gold and made himself king of a newly united Norway. After spending time converting heathens to Christianity Olaf ended up being killed by rebels and even in defeat became the trendy saint of his age, with churches being rapidly established in his name as far away as Waterford, Dublin, London and York. ...

http://www.irishtimes.com/culture/b...est&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=news_digest

Back