• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Game Of Thrones [Spoilers]

Blimey. Strong stuff.

I just wonder if those trendy parents who thought it would be so Zeitgeisty to call their daughters Daenerys realised they would be naming their little bundles of joy after the psychopathic bitch-queen from hell?

In recent pages, this thread has been all about analysing the latest episode. Spoilers, even vague and cryptic ones, are therefore very likely.

Perhaps, like the Doctor Who thread, the title needs an "Avast! There be spoilers!" note?

After witnessing the brutal demise of a great many long-standing characters over the last couple of episodes and with some major players revealing their true colours, all I can say is, despite some of the plot-holes and implausibilities of this series, I'm going to feel a genuine sense of loss after next Monday's finale.

It's been one hell of a ride!

So folks, how do you think it all ends?

My guess is that Tyrion, having realised that Daenerys has to be stopped, will assassinate her and, with her dying breath, she names him. The people will think she is nominating a successor and will declare him king.

My guess is that Tyrion, having realised that Daenerys has to be stopped, will assassinate her and, with her dying breath, she names him. The people will think she is nominating a successor and will declare him king.
Interesting. I wonder...

if Arya's faceless man training comes into play (otherwise that interminable sequence in the show was a total waste of time). Someone reminded me that someone must be dead for their face to be assumed. What if, say, Jon sacrifices himself for the plot, unknown to dany, Arya wears his face then kills danyaerys in her bed?

And tyrion becomes king or something.

Frankly I thought Dany was just angry. In a Genghiz Khan sort of way, admittedly. It's just that she has a dragon.

I'm also pretty sure she never agreed to Tyrion's suggestion of surrender, and her and Grey Worm were going to avenge Missandei in the most comprehensive way possible. Ol' GK did much the same sort of thing when insulted, and I wouldn't call him mad.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mongol_conquest_of_Khwarezmia

Note the trigger was the beheading of one of his envoys.

I long expected a "Meet the new boss, same as the old boss"-ending. I guess the problem might have been that they had to rush it a bit, so it seemed less organic.

nuremberg-rally-1934-CPM16X.jpg

_a7c300a8-77a2-11e9-9073-657a85982e73.jpg

Perhaps, like the Doctor Who thread, the title needs an "Avast! There be spoilers!" note?
Agreed. Will do.

Behold death upon her pale horse riding out of hell...

So yes, I think
Arya will kill Daenerys, Jon will return to the North to reunite with Ghost, Tyrion becomes king. A Song Of Fire And Ice: Fire = Dany, Ice = Snow , Song = Arya.

If you can't beat them, join them .. a throne of games prank

I know someone works at HBO, she has obviously been sworn to more secrecy than Secret Squirrel signing the Official Secrets Act, but she finally cracked tonight!

FB_IMG_1558299597628.jpg

Agreed. Will do.

Behold death upon her pale horse riding out of hell...

So yes, I think
Arya will kill Daenerys, Jon will return to the North to reunite with Ghost, Tyrion becomes king. A Song Of Fire And Ice: Fire = Dany, Ice = Snow , Song = Arya.

Arya is the embodiment of Death in the show - she will not die. She even rode out of S8E5 on a pale horse.

Lots of threads left open for the spin-offs.

Still, a satisfying ending with lots of fan service. I'm just happy for Ghost.

And I feel a bit sorry for Drogon. He must be lonely.

Well, I'm sorry, I thought that was bollocks. More plot holes than a Gorgonzola cheese. And Jon Snow revealed as an easily manipulated moron who doesn't know what his good for him.

edit: If you actually loved someone you could not possibly do that. What a scumbag.

Further edit - Drogon would appear to be the most intelligent person in the finale

Last edited:
If Jon Snow had any condones at all he'd have kicked Bran into the fiord. I know I would have, irritating little swine

edit- And Tyrion, the little traitorous shit, I'd kick him from here to November.

More edit. I should say I have loved the series up to about s8e3, and it has been a great entertainment. Perhaps, like a soap, it should never hare had an ending.

Last edited:
I reckon we all guessed fascist bitch-queen Daenerys would get her much-deserved comeuppance, but most of the other twists blindsided us!

Found it a bit hard to believe that Tyrion, whilst still a prisoner, would be permitted to become kingmaker, especially under the unflinching glare of the brutally fanatic Greyworm. Also, that final scene with Tyrion arranging chairs, whilst cleverly reminiscent of him doing something very similar back in the Charles Dance days (c. series 3?) was in an impossibly well restored Red Keep.

Overall though, it just about ticked enough boxes to leave me satisfied and some of the nostalgia kicks were undeniably glorious. The writers certainly adhered to the old adage "leave them wanting more"!
I did feel a genuine sense of loss at those final credits, but feel privileged to have been swept along on the journey of this (soon to become) legendary piece of television history.

It's been one hell of a ride!

I think too many people, whilst applauding its frequent brutality, also wanted a Disney ending. One thing it has done consistently is reflect life in that it's rarely neat, closure for everyone all at once never happens, and deeply unfair things happen to good people for no real reason at all.

There was some really subtle stuff in it (such as Jon not realising that he is actually immune to dragon fire, as he's a Targaryen - Drogon knew though instinctively, and also knew what had really corrupted its 'mother': they could have made a lot of that, but didn't.)

I actually liked the resolution. Again, too many people projected their own narratives on it and then got snitty when that didn't play out.

Back