• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Game Of Thrones [Spoilers]

Panel interviews with the cast from Comicon are out:

I'm finding it quite fascinating to watch just to see what the actors are like when they're not being the GoT characters.

CJkaDyPWsAARv0U.jpg

I'm finding it quite fascinating to watch just to see what the actors are like when they're not being the GoT characters.

I think it's a mark of their abilities that they don't seem like their characters at all. Good thing, too. Apart from Charles Dance, maybe.

Anyway, this is good timing because I've just finished season 5. Alas, I knew what happened in the last scene because some arsehole on Amazon spoiled it in their comment, but there's lots of speculation that character isn't dead at all, sooo... As for the rest of it, I can follow it while I'm watching but don't ask me what all their names are. Glad Sam got away (him I do know because they're always saying his name).

Anyone know if they're following G.R.R. Martin's scheme for his next book now, even though it's not finished yet? Or will the books and TV show diverge plotwise?

Actually, disregard that last question, I see it's been answered on the previous page.

I've just finished watching S.5 and I was wondering
what happened to Bran and Hodor? They ended S4 with a great skeletal warrior fight and then found some kind of wizard entangled in tree roots. I know that in multi character shows it's usual for some faces to take a back seat for a while (see McNulty in S4 of The Wire) but they weren't in it at all. And I wonder if Stannis is dead, we didn't actually see him get the chop.

I sometimes see this bloke out and about -
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2807170/?ref_=nv_sr_1
You do a double take when you see him, he's enormous.

@davidplankton

It has something to do with the TV show catching up with the books and possible divergence of the two. Although I understand the topic of your spoiler will return in S6

@davidplankton

It has something to do with the TV show catching up with the books and possible divergence of the two. Although I understand the topic of your spoiler will return in S6
I thought they couldn't just forget a character, especially when the books haven't been finished. The thing is though, child actors grow up very quickly, so I reckon he is going to look very different next time we see him.

I think a lot of it is not wanting to have too many plotlines going on in each season, apparently it's already massively oversimplifed from the books with whole characters and story arcs removed, also a lot of the book stuff happens at the same time which is ill suited to the TV series format.

It does seem kind of funny though.

I've just finished watching S.5 and I was wondering
what happened to Bran and Hodor? They ended S4 with a great skeletal warrior fight and then found some kind of wizard entangled in tree roots. I know that in multi character shows it's usual for some faces to take a back seat for a while (see McNulty in S4 of The Wire) but they weren't in it at all. And I wonder if Stannis is dead, we didn't actually see him get the chop.

I sometimes see this bloke out and about -
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2807170/?ref_=nv_sr_1
You do a double take when you see him, he's enormous.
Good call on Bran, davidplankton. I was wondering the same thing. When does S6 begin? Is it a semester thing? I only watch downloads. Watched S1-4 twice through back to back earlier this year and enjoyed the last few eps of S5 a lot.

A pic of Neil Fingleton. He'd be eight foot, no?
neil-fingleton.jpg

How did he manage to find a pair of Puma sneakers that would fit him?

Maybe he wrote to Puma and asked them if they'd make a custom pair that people would see being worn by the tallest man in the country?

Made from actual organic Pumas. Customised, because stripes trump spots of course.

Recent pics of the Bran actor show he doesn't look hugely different, but let's face it, never mind him or Kit, we were all missing Hodor. Hodor! Hodor spin-off!

Hodor has only one line because nobody understands Kristian Nairn's Lisburn accent. :p

Seems a lovely chap, from the interviews at last year's comic con.

Game of Thrones likely to continue for three more seasons, HBO says
Executive defends the show’s gritty violence and says he is open to the idea of a prequel to the series
*SEASON 5 SPOILER IN LINK*
http://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-r...y-to-continue-for-three-more-seasons-hbo-says

HBO’s most-watched series, the medieval fantasy drama Game of Thrones, is likely to continue through three more seasons, a network executive said on Thursday, as he defended the show’s gritty violence.

The sixth season is now being filmed.

yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!

‘Game of Thrones’ Casts Max von Sydow as Three-Eyed Raven for Season 6
http://www.imdb.com/news/ni58861042?ref_=hm_nw_uk_tp1

The Three-Eyed Raven is getting a makeover in season six of “Game of Thrones” — Variety has confirmed that Max von Sydow will take over the role, which was originated by Struan Rodger in the season four finale of the HBO drama.

The enigmatic character is responsible for teaching Bran Stark (Isaac Hempstead Wright) about his supernatural gifts, including his ability to transfer himself into the body of other creatures through the process of “warging.” Although Bran and his allies were absent throughout season five, they are confirmed to be making a return in the new season, which has commenced filming in Europe.

‘Game of Thrones’ Casts Max von Sydow as Three-Eyed Raven for Season 6
http://www.imdb.com/news/ni58861042?ref_=hm_nw_uk_tp1

The Three-Eyed Raven is getting a makeover in season six of “Game of Thrones” — Variety has confirmed that Max von Sydow will take over the role, which was originated by Struan Rodger in the season four finale of the HBO drama.

The enigmatic character is responsible for teaching Bran Stark (Isaac Hempstead Wright) about his supernatural gifts, including his ability to transfer himself into the body of other creatures through the process of “warging.” Although Bran and his allies were absent throughout season five, they are confirmed to be making a return in the new season, which has commenced filming in Europe.

I was certain he had died some time ago!

I believe Max is in the new Star Wars. I think he's trying to appear in as many iconic franchises as he possibly can.

It's official, the world really has gone nuts:
http://www.thewrap.com/game-of-thro...ial-by-combat-in-new-york-supreme-court-case/

Basically a big GoT fan wants to settle his fraud case with Trial by Combat, like in that episode that ended so well for the little guy. He says there's no reason a fight to the death is not allowed in American law. Other than the fact it's supposed to be a civilised country and not some made up medieval realm, presumably.

I don't watch the show, or at least haven't done so yet, but even I know that every character's fate in GoT is to be murdered in an unpleasant way, having first been utterly humiliated. Stop me if I'm over-simplifying!

Back