• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Game Of Thrones [Spoilers]

Just catching up on Season 6 at the moment, liking it a lot more than Season 5, which for some reason tended to off people at the end of episodes, much more unpredictable this time around.

Also totally loving that Diana Rigg is still able to kick ass.

The last kill in that axe massacre was so evil, I actually clicked back straight away and watched it again to check I hadn't imagined it... that was nasty! :eek:

Great conclusion to this part of Aria's story arc as well, I wasn't expecting a lot of that so it was a pleasant surprise.

A girl is on her way home. About frickin' time.

How do you think she bested her nameless foe after slicing out that candle? All those painful battles under blindness obviously paid off.

Ran her right through while she couldn't see jackshit. :p Classic ploy, very blind Pugh or Zatoichi.

Dany's corresponding story arc has been similarly dull, just where Martin parked the characters he didn't really have story for when it went from 3 books to 7.

Ep 9 was most gratifying. 2 days to the finale. I predict a high-ranking Lannister will buy the farm.

Which axe fight are we talking about?

Sandor 'The Hound' Clegane returns in ep6 as a volunteer working for a religious colony building towers. He befriends the sparrow / priest. Then the colony is slaughtered by thugs while his back is turned. Sandor chases down and butchers the perpetrators with his wood axe. The last guy is disemboweled with an axe through the groin before being halved right down the middle.

He's back, baby.

Sandor 'The Hound' Clegane returns in ep6 as a volunteer working for a religious colony building towers. He befriends the sparrow / priest. Then the colony is slaughtered by thugs while his back is turned. Sandor chases down and butchers the perpetrators with his wood axe. The last guy is disemboweled with an axe through the groin before being halved right down the middle.

He's back, baby.
Does he say "Yarp!" whilst doing that, or have I got the wrong programme?

Bored of the Arya storyline, she should have either gone back to serve the Faceless God or been killed off by the waif.

Like Jon Snow she has become unkillable. Safe TV rather than the edgy anyone can go at any time that the show set up.

I've never watched a single episode of Game of Thrones - is this how it typically plays out?

I've never watched a single episode of Game of Thrones - is this how it typically plays out?

Retinas...burned...must try to forget... aaargh.

Just finished watching the finale for season 6. Almost too much going on in this one. Will need to watch it at least three times to take it all in. That reveal about Jon was a bit muted, so I'll need to confirm what I already knew about him from spoilers on Youtube.
he is the son of Raegar Targaryan and Liana Stark!!!

Really enjoyed seeing Walder Frey bite the big one under Arya's knife. She's a good little killer. One question to check. Was Arya the maid looking at Jaime in the Frey house? She didn't take him out as I expected and he was allowed to ride back to King's Landing at the end. Why did she let him go?

Am just working through the complete history on Youtube narrated by the cast of the TV series. Really enjoying it. I'm also downloading the audio books of SOIAF. Looking forward to a deeper understanding of the world. It can't rival Tolkien, but it'll do. The TV show has been the most enthralling series I've seen for about 20 years.

Was Arya the maid looking at Jaime in the Frey house? She didn't take him out as I expected and he was allowed to ride back to King's Landing at the end. Why did she let him go?

Because people might start wondering what the connection was between the two corpses? Whereas picking them off one at a time in different places will probably just get it put down to some enemy or other.

Because Jaime was never on her list, if I'm not wrong.

Oh. Ok. I assumed he'd be at the top. Why wasn't he on her list? Did she not know he was behind Bran's fall?

I don't think anyone knows that apart from Jamie, Bran was badly injured and didn't remember and there's no other witnesses.

Arya's hit list:

Joffrey
Cersi
Walder Fray
Meryn Trant
Tywin Lannister
The red woman
Berick Dondarrien
Thoros of Mere
Ilyn Payne
The Mountain
The Hound

I had to look some of those up for spelling and what they did.

Berick and Thoros are the knight who keeps getting ressurected and his priest, Payne is the guy who decapitated Ned Stark.

So she's only executed 2 so far, Meryn was the noncey guy she nailed in Bravos, and now Fray.

Joffrey and Tywin are already dead from poison and being shot on the shitter with a crossbow.

The Hound may be off the list.

The remaining ones could be very challenging to take out! Cersi is getting on for the easiest mark there, assuming it's a stealth kill and she doesn't have to go through zombie Mountain to get to her.

You're right. I thought he confessed to someone. Brienne or someone else. Must've dreamed it.

I'll be back on Earth Tuesday.

It's okay, I was thinking Jamie was on the list too.

Maybe Bran will greensee what happened to him and tell Arya, if they meet again.

Also
What happened to Benjin Stark? He seemed unable to cross an invisible line as he approached the wall in ep10. Was he white-walkerised and then healed? If so, the WWs can be defeated after all. Do we know what really happened to him yet? I recall he mumbled something to Brandon when he showed up after Hodor's demise, but it didn't sink in.

Also also
Do you think Cersei expected Tommen to take a dive? I reckon she did. Vengeance against the little bastard for kowtowing to the sparrow. She's such a black-hearted villain. I love her. She's like Iago.

The forest children pushed a dragonglass dagger into Benjinbefore he turned into a wight proper.

I'm trying to work out what happened to Cersi's other child? Didn't she have 3? After Joffrey and Tommen.

Myrcella was poisoned by the Dornish snakewomen at the end of season 5. Died in Jaime's arms on the boat home.

Last edited:
You are most welcome. I think, between us, we can fill every gap there is. No innuendo intended.

Also also
Do you think Cersei expected Tommen to take a dive? I reckon she did. Vengeance against the little bastard for kowtowing to the sparrow. She's such a black-hearted villain. I love her. She's like Iago.

No, Cersei loved her children fiercely and would have done anything to protect them, but she knew Tommen's death was ultimately inevitable. Remember at the start of season five we saw a flashback of a young Cersei having her future told by a witch...
"The king will have 20 children (Robert's bastard's) and you will have three. Gold will be their crowns... Gold their shrouds".
After the deaths of Joffrey and Myrcella she knew it was only a matter of time. If she wanted him to die she would have just have allowed him to go to the Sept and die with the others.
Joffery was a monster, but she loved him - How on earth could you image she would wish death on the sweet but naive Tommen?!

Back