• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Game Of Thrones [Spoilers]

"And then they woke up and it was all a dream!" - George R.R. Martin, 2017.

I do hope they don't run with that theory, it's a bit up it's own arse for my taste.
Agreed. But there are so many possible permutations, the producers will have their work cut out bringing in anything that hasn't been put forward already. This is fan obsession at its worst, but I can't help myself. I'm such a diehard throneling (note NOT 'throner' - check the urban dictionary for that one). :D

Clips from the GoT live show. Live orchestra conducted by the writer of the original score/music.

Saw Ep 1 of S7 today. Nothing much to report, really.
Arya has fun. Bran and Meera get warm. Sam dry reaches. Sansa gets mad at Jon. Dany gets a sandy hand. Oh, the Hound gets religion.

So that's what you get for 12 months of overblown theorising. It's still just a TV show after all. Quite a disappointment after E9 &10 S06, which were shit hot. The next ep better blow our socks off.

Just finished watching the S7 finale and was very satisfied. Unfortunately, the writing is starting to wane and none of the episodes this season had the fantastic structure and composition of S6 episodes 9 & 10 (Miguel Sapochnik is a huge creative talent - watch for his name on feature films ahead), but the spectacle continues to impress.

Anybody watching / watched S7?

Spoilers if you haven't caught up - this video is a nice BTS of S7E7 the finale. Quite enjoyed it.

Last edited:
Just finished watching the S7 finale and was very satisfied. Unfortunately, the writing is starting to wane and none of the episodes this season had the fantastic structure and composition of S6 episodes 9 & 10 (Miguel Sapochnik is a huge creative talent - watch for his name on feature films ahead), but the spectacle continues to impress.

Anybody watching / watched S7?

Spoilers if you haven't caught up - this video is a nice BTS of S7E7 the finale. Quite enjoyed it.

I've seen every episode. It's my favorite show. I think S7 has been spectacular so far. With the exception of S7E1, I thought to myself there's no way they can top this episode and to my delight they did. Each one more spectacular than the next.

Thanks for the video. I'll watch it as soon as I finish up here. I hate that I have to wait another year for the next episode.

Yeah I've been watching it - the pace has picked-up to a gallop in this series hasn't it?
It's almost as though the first 60 hours was only there to get all the characters in the right places so we can :pop: and :omg:our way through 7 and 8.

Love it.

Yeah I've been watching it - the pace has picked-up to a gallop in this series hasn't it?
It's almost as though the first 60 hours was only there to get all the characters in the right places so we can :pop: and :omg:our way through 7 and 8.

Love it.

Yes, especially the "sayings" that are getting thrown back in peoples faces. Like Little Finger who originally said, "Chaos is a Ladder" & Jon Snow who originally said to Manse Rayder about bending the knee, "Isn't their survival more important than your pride?"

Season 7 just arrived on Amazon, watched episode one tonight, so lalalalanotlistening until I've caught up (I've already had one major death given away by an inconsiderate headline online).

Season 7 just arrived on Amazon, watched episode one tonight, so lalalalanotlistening until I've caught up (I've already had one major death given away by an inconsiderate headline online).

Hahaha. I don't think it will matter, GNC. Your going to want to watch them over & over & over.... I've watched E4 5 times already.

Ha, finished! Just two years to wait to see what happens next. Two years! Also the big reveal about Jon Snow and Daenerys is pretty bleegusting. Could they not have been told before their epic shag? I suppose we expect nothing less from this show. And now we see what happens when a dragon falls into the wrong hands. Another major character bites the dust, couldn't have happened to a nicer guy. I wonder who will follow him in the last few episodes? I predict it'll be like Krystle vs Alexis on Dynasty times a hundred.

I posted this in the RIP thread at the time but I think it deserves a mention here. From March, this year.

Goodbye Big Smooth: Hundreds bid final farewell to 7ft 7in British actor, 36, who played Game of Thrones giant Mag the Mighty

Mourners turned out in their hundreds to pay tribute to the UK's tallest man Neil Fingleton at Durham Cathedral.
Basketball player-turned-actor Mr Fingleton suffered a lethal heart failure last month.

The 7ft 7in star died at his home in Gilesgate, County Durham, aged just 36.
He most famously played the giant Mag The Mighty in the HBO TV series Game of Thrones.
Canon Alan Bartlett, who gave an address at the service, said: 'I don't remember Neil as a global star but as a politely spoken and gracious man who just happened to be a bit taller than most of us.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-final-farewell-7ft-7in-British-actor-36.html

I've never seen GoT (well, not yet), but I was aware of Kit Harington's most famous role when I sat down to watch the BBC's mostly-excellent Gunpowder. KT played Robert Catesby, leader of the gunpowder plotters, and two of his co-conspirators were his cousins, Robert and Thomas Wintour.

It was extremely disappointing, therefore, that despite numerous opportunities, none of the characters in Gunpowder uttered the phrase "Wintour is coming". BBC, what were you playing at...?

If anyone is looking for a good GoT deal - GAME are doing three months of Now TV for twelve quid....

Terrific episode and the long wait for this final series was worth it!

Reintroduced all the main characters, along with a few of the lesser but well liked characters.

The sense of a cataclysmic final conflict building is now palpable.

Can't wait for next Monday!

It was great, wasn't it.

Spoiler alert. Watch episode 1 before viewing this behind the scenes minidoc. Some cool stuff here.

Untitled.jpg

A bit underwhelmed with S08E01.

Was thinking for some reason it would be a longer episode, apparently not.

Didn't seem to be that much going on, don't mind if the setting up pays off, not so sure all of it will though.

Bran is really annoying now he's gone all weesick bladderwrack.

I saw Maisie's bum and half her right boob. :loveu:

My season 8 prediction is that Cersei gets "knighted"by a white walker and ends up marrying the Night King.

Back