• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Gardening Show In Potty Error

TheQuixote

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
Gardening show in potty error

The presenters of BBC Radio Scotland's Beechgrove Potting Shed have been explaining themselves after giving out advice on the cultivation of cannabis.

A caller on the show on Sunday afternoon had asked for tips on growing a hybrid version of the drug, called Northern Lights.

The programme team spent more than three minutes offering advice.

The show's presenter, Frieda Morrison, thought he was referring to a variety of cabbage, also named Northern Lights.

The programme's presenters told the questioner, who said he was from Perth, which type of compost he should use and explained how to feed and water the plant.

A BBC spokesman says the matter has been put down to an unfortunate misunderstanding.

Cannabis was downgraded from a Class B to a Class C drug last week, but police are stressing it remains illegal.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/3453833.stm

ihad an old gardening book that advised it made a good quick growing screening plant, that was very easy to grow. i think it was from the 40's .. it grows wild in many places too.

Amazingly adaptive as well. I remember some pro-Hemp types (as opposed to pro-Dope types) claiming that it grew according to how it was planted. Plant it close together, and you get a good woody plant, probably suitable for screening, or to get wood from. Spread it out a bit, you get a leafier variety, better for paper.

Or something like that. I may have it the wrong way around.

i had a book on "how to grow marijauna in the british isles" once (i was just interested, i dont do the stuff myself)... all sorts of shenanigans u can go thro to get it to grow/produce stronger stuff..even inserting sliver pins in the roots (i sopose to cause it stress so it produces more active ingredients)... some druggie stole it off me... actuly that may have been my brother...hes over it now tho.

In one of my crazier moments a few years back I bought a bag of hemp seeds from a health food shop (they're viable, I grew some myself but they're no good to smoke) and scattered them all over the dirt/failed scrubbery around the local drive in McDonalds.

Would have been quite funny if anything had come up...

Another 'potty' error?

or crap excuse?

'Cannabis was for pets' court told

A man convicted of cultivating cannabis plants claimed in court that he was growing the drug to feed his pet lizards.

Reptile keeper Stuart Udraufski, 30, told police his four Chinese water dragons liked to eat the leaves he fed them, but claimed that he did not know the plants were cannabis.

Father-of-six Udraufski, of Bridgend, south Wales, was found guilty of cultivating cannabis and conditionally discharged for two years at the town's magistrates court.

Police raided his flat and found the plants growing on his balcony.

"After eating the plants the lizards were more active and their behaviour changed"
Stuart Udraufski

Udraufski, defending himself in court, told magistrates: "The lizards were nibbling on them and it was doing them good.

"I have got several plants in the house and I always prune them to look after them.

"After eating the plants the lizards were more active and their behaviour changed.

"A mate of mine said he knew a place that sold plants so he made inquires and got me some seeds.

"He said they were edible plants for all kinds of reptiles. I did not know they were cannabis plants."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/3483627.stmw

.......yeah right, I believe you. Honest.

I know a chap, who every year goes out onto the moor goes among the gorse and clears a patch to grow his crop, he even puts wire mesh around it to stop the rabbits. He then gets paranoid every time the coastguard helicopter flies overhead.
Maybe he should just buy it like everyone else.

It's attitudes like that which are stifling primary industry in this country. All too soon we will be dependent on imported marijuana, sending our jobs overseas to countries with lower wages and less strict drug laws.

http://www.cannabisculture.com/articles/33.html

Flynn for Mushrooms

Back in the real world, soon after the Straw scandal broke on Christmas Eve, the BBC reported that Labour MP Paul Flynn, vice-chairman of the All-Party Drugs Misuse Group, had renewed his call for cannabis to be legalised.

Paul Flynn has been a longstanding supporter of a more rational drug policy, and in April of 1997 he half-jokingly called on the Welsh Development Agency (WDA) to give out grants for young people to go into the business of exporting magic mushrooms, which grow commonly in his constituency.

"It is perfectly legal to send them fresh from Wales; nobody is poisoned by them, nobody is addicted," said Flynn. "Why on earth not exploit the market and get the WDA to give a grant for a few young people to set up a business?"

;)

Advice on the BEEB? Hey, that's nothing. This week's Radio Times
(Billie piper cover) has an advert for Hydrophonics - Page 136 - Web Windows section.

Do you think they know........?

Back