• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

General Craigie & An Anonymous Source

feinman

Account Retired
Hi folks,
Just spoke with my friend about relaying information she knows about Craigie.. She said it was okay as long as she was not named. I will post what she told me tonight.. She was an uncontaminated witness, not knowing anything about Craigie and the UFOs until I told her about it.

Is this another ex-military type who comes straight out of the woodwork onto the ufo bandwagon on retirement ?

Is this another ex-military type who comes straight out of the woodwork onto the ufo bandwagon on retirement ?
No, she wasn't in the military; she knew the Craigie family when she was a tween / adolescent, and hadn't had any contact with the UFO subject since that age, but Craigie and Craigie's family told her things. She only knew that he had helped broker the Korean War armistice. She knew nothing about his connection to Roswell, etc. I think she is in her late 80s now.

I met my friend perhaps five years ago now? She is in her 80s, and a wonderful person. As has been my habit the last few years, if it comes up, I ask folks old enough to remember, if they recall the UFO wave in Oregon in '47:
https://www.project1947.com/fig/1947c.htm
Many people do, and a number saw objects themselves. Back to story.
I asked my friend, and she said "no" but she lived in LA, CA at the time and in the '50s and later. I asked her if she remembered the "Battle of LA"; she said she did, but didn't see the objects, but some of her friends had. She said she lived next to this general, and he used to talk about them. She lived close and knew the family when she was younger. She told me he was an important guy who helped broker the armistice with North Korea. Anyway she said he told her he saw UFOs in North Korea, that they were real, and we should not be afraid of them. He told her he "promised the Air Force he wouldn't talk about it". she said his name was "Craigie"; this is excellent, because she was an uncontaminated witness, as I'll describe later.
She also told me that he had certain pictures on the walls in his study thsy he would take down if company was coming over in case they might be seen, so they wouldn't upset anyone..She said he always acted terribly distracted, unusually so, and wouldn't talk about his work.
She had no exposure to anything UFO related since those days, and wss shocked as hell when I showed her the Craigie stuff on the Internet, where Craigie is supposed to have "promised Truman he wouldn't talk about it".. She moved away and lost touch with them and that was all the exposure she had to it. She had no idea about anything Roswell related or any role Craigie might have had. But, she is the missing piece if the puzzle; confirms the statement about the "promise" fits in with Craigie's pilot's story about flying him to Roswell and Truman the next day. Perhaps the pics were ofvthe Roswell crash.. Hard to imagine pics of a few lights in the sky would be that disturbing.

Last edited:
Back