General Queries & Members' Responses

Status
Not open for further replies.

stu neville

Commissioner.
Staff member
Warnings, Bannings, Deletions, Etc

Following discussions, we have decided to split the Warnings, Bannings etc thread: we will keep the original as a closed thread for mod announcements only, and have created this one, with the original text, for members to post comments and queries in response: we shall respond on this thread. We will also post brief summaries on here where necessary of whatever announcement is made for continuity purposes : main text will be on the stickied thread.

We have decided to do this as the original thread was getting somewhat unwieldy, and relevant information posted by ourselves was getting increasingly hard to find. I'll edit very sparingly, and I'll add comments along the way to clarify if needs be.

Hope this makes sense...

Stu

Right, to start off, this post was originally the guidelines regarding Warnings, Banning and Deletions: below are the responses.

A

Anonymous

All seems very fair to me. I think this is the way to go to avoid the confusion that resulted from the last round of bannings.

A

Anonymous

Just passing this on

Adam Rang has mailed me and still wants to know why he is still banned.
Could one of the mods please contact him to clear this up?

A

Anonymous

I'm still confused. Does this mean Adam Rang recieved 3 warnings before he was banned? If this is the case then I dont see what the problem is, the rules seem fair.

stu neville

Commissioner.
Staff member
Adam Rang and Chopper: we are in discussion regarding each of them at the moment: will post more when any decisions are made.

Members currently on Final Warning: Ogopogo.

Stu

James_H

And I like to roam the land
more questions

speculating on another user's real identity: does this stop one from thinking > "that's ricky"?

stu neville

Commissioner.
Staff member
Auntie Peach said:
How will the mods know if a banned person has adopted a new username?
Ways and means. Can't give too much away, but we have tried and trusted methods.

Originally posted by Faggus
speculating on another user's real identity: does this stop one from thinking > "that's ricky"?

No: what we mean by this is "Is that User in real life Joe Bloggs of 29 Acacia Avenue, Surbiton?" People's real names, addresses, etc are their own business: if they choose to divulge this info themselves, that's up to them, but anyone who does it for them without their consent will be banned instantly:it's a troll activity.

BTW my real name is Stuart Neville (cunning disguise, eh? :))

Stu

beakboo1

Justified & Ancient
Stu Neville said:
29 Acacia Avenue, Surbiton?"
Wasn't that Paddington Bears address? Surely? Or are you mixing him up with Margo and Jerry. "But Jerry, this is the Avenue"
I wouldn't mind if any of them trolled the board.

stu neville

Commissioner.
Staff member
No: Paddington was 52 Windsor Gardens.

And he's on a third and final warning for giving Hard Stares.

carole

Justified & Ancient
Just to digress, a friend of mine sounds (but doesn't look) exactly like Margo - which she uses to very good effect on occasion.

Carole

James_H

And I like to roam the land
Stu Neville said:
29 Acacia Avenue
Stu
isn't this an iron maiden song? sort of? (22 is the number i think)

oh. that just leaves acacia avenue. Which is sort of common. Like joe bloggs.

so stu, who *is* this joe bloggs then? eh? eh? eh?

DerekH16

Abominable Snowman
Out of idle curiosity (AKA being nosey!) I'd be interested in seeing just who has been banned, their pseudonyms, and why - the why being most important. (Names need not be mentioned)

Come to think of it, it may serve as a warning to others.....

(Don't want to know who's on warnings, though - it would just turn them into targets!)

stu neville

Commissioner.
Staff member
Don't recall so, Schnor: certainly no deletions on this thread by any of us.

Maybe you're thinking of "Censorship", or "Concerns about Mods", or "WTF are they doing now?" or similar...:)

Stu

stu neville

Commissioner.
Staff member
Quote Adam Rang (from his sig line)
Right, now listen up. You said in the guidelines that people need 3 warnings before they are banned. I got 1! 1. And that was about 2 weeks before i was banned. By your own guideleines i should be re-instated imidiatly. Or is it ok for mods to break their own guidelines?

oh and if whoever reads this go and repost it in the cecnorship (banning) thread. That means you!

And I will repeat: we are in discussion regarding yourself and Chopper. As soon as we reach a decision I will inform you.

Stu

A

Anonymous

Adam, if you're reading this, as a friend I'm asking you to stop badgering them, damn it! I want to see you back on the Board, and you're hurting your own case. Just take a vactaion from posting a bit and have faith in this system they've set up. I firmly feel they will display some clemency toward you, so don't foul it up, mate! Right now's not the time for your shoot-from-the-hip, take-no-prisoners style; at the moment, the byword is finesse.

A

Anonymous

I don't know what he done. But, please could we have mrchopper back. My video is chewing up tapes and I need some advice.

beakboo1

Justified & Ancient
AndroMan said:
I don't know what he done. But, please could we have mrchopper back. My video is chewing up tapes and I need some advice.
If that doesn't work, ask TVGeek, he's bound to know.

Spookyangel

Justified & Ancient
Androman, are your tapes old? Old video tapes get slack inside the boxes sometimes and then get chewed up and start to "jump" when playing, unfortunately. Have you tried new tapes in there?

TVgeek

Abominable Snowman
AndroMan said:
If its one tape in particular, fast forward all the way to the
end, and rewind. That usually loosens it up.

If its eating all tapes, that usually means one of the rollers
inside is just dirty, or has a bit of cellophane or paper
caught on it (VERY common problem).

A head cleaning tape (with a bit of rubbing alcohol on it) is the best advice without actually taking the top off.

Hope this helps...
TVgeek

ninja_cat

Abominable Snowman
Or the best bet for VCR's dump it and go down the hard disc recorder and DVDs. More expensive but well worth it for the quality:)

By the way, hasn't this veered dramatically off topic?

Status
Not open for further replies.