• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

General Website Queries: 2018 Onward

Where's the care reac?

7620a49d-39e9-4db9-a96c-89f3d1deb1ae-facebookreact2.png

Oh I don't know... an individual clutching a heart which obviously belongs to someone else seem rather up our street!

A giant heart no less, perhaps from a Bigfoot or Mothman.

Sorry, Mothperson.

Sorry, once again, how do you delete a partial comment when you've started it and decided the world does not need another comments?

Sorry, once again, how do you delete a partial comment when you've started it and decided the world does not need another comments?
Just refreshing my browser does it for me, if you’re referring to a comment you haven’t posted yet?

Sorry, once again, how do you delete a partial comment when you've started it and decided the world does not need another comments/

Assuming you mean a post you've begun drafting and then decided to abandon ...

You can simply delete whatever text you've already entered in the post / reply entry box at the bottom of a page. This may or may not leave the system "believing" you have an unfinished draft in progress, so ...

The 100% solution is to select the little icon in the entry box's toolbar that looks like a floppy disk. (It's the second-rightmost icon in the toolbar as I'm writing this). This triggers a drop-down menu with 2 options: Save Draft and Delete Draft.

Select "Delete Draft" and it will flush whatever you've already entered and cue the system you do not have a draft entry in progress.

We've finally got the masthead sorted at the top of the forum.

With thanks to @taras and @rev_dino for making it happen--it's a significant improvement.

We will also be adding the Forteana Forums name at some stage.

Question: I've finally gotten a smart phone, and would like to access this website with it. Is the best way to do so to just do a web search for the URL in the phone? Or is there an app that maximizes the board for phone surfing?

Question: I've finally gotten a smart phone, and would like to access this website with it. Is the best way to do so to just do a web search for the URL in the phone? Or is there an app that maximizes the board for phone surfing?
There is no specific app for the board I'm afraid. So unless there is an app that has been made specifically to look at web forums then just go with the url.

There is no specific app for the board I'm afraid. So unless there is an app that has been made specifically to look at web forums then just go with the url.
Thanks - some forums have apps... I'll give the web a shot tonight to see if I can connect!

There's no app, as Gordon says, but I use my phone to access the board about 50% of the time and find that the mobile version of the site is very convenient. It should load as standard with a browser option somewhere to force a 'full site' load.

While in the mobile version, turning your phone to rotate the screen from 'portrait' to 'landscape' also reveals parts not displayed in the minimal phone-version.

Has the text been turned to Bold?

DRDOOM-MINI-2.jpg

Fixed ...
It was just the weekly test to see if any of you were paying attention ...​

Keep getting "ERROR 521" as a message when I try to browse the forum, anyone else getting this?

Keep getting "ERROR 521" as a message when I try to browse the forum, anyone else getting this?
No.
It sounds like a transient web server issue of some kind.

It keeps saying my browser is WORKING, the cloudflare is WORKING, the host is not (ERROR).
Hi GNC,
I'm assuming sometimes you can get in and other times you can't? Is that correct?
As far as I'm aware no one else is seeing this issue at the moment.
Are you using your normal way of connecting or are you logging in at a different location?

Back