• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Ghost Books On eBay

Are you going to be putting any Scotland material up?

Yes, I have quite a few Scottish ghost books! I'm gradually working my way through a huge pile.

It might take a while, so keep checking back. I reckon I must have about 80 or more books.

Because you asked for them....
I've put some Scottish ghost books up - I still have a handful that I can't put my hands on at the moment.

By the way, I'm playing it safe when I'm saying the condition is "good". I got into a right battle with some twonk years ago who thought that "very good" meant "near mint". So, when I say "good", I mean in good/very good condition, usually with only some scuffing at the corners and edges (unless noted otherwise in the blurb)

Wow, I just checked my Ebay account and the Scottish books I put up went within an hour of me advertising them here. I'll be posting them on Monday.

I know :)

[I thought it might be you - the buyer bought all four books in one go, so rather than charging him for separate posting, I'll combine the price and issue a refund of the difference.]

I've just put a huge stack of books up, all reasonably priced (most of the books are in very good condition). Unless I can find a missing box (I think it went into the attic by mistake), "that's yer lot"!

We've moved to a much smaller property and we don't have the room. I've got rid of a lot of telefantasy stuff too, mainly Dr Who. Fortunately it's stuff I can live without and which had been in a cupboard in my old house for years, doing nothing.

Unrelated question:
Is this worth the trouble? I have a big stack of good unfortean books that would need a good home. But is putting them online effective and efficient? Or even fun?

Unrelated question:
Is this worth the trouble? I have a big stack of good unfortean books that would need a good home. But is putting them online effective and efficient? Or even fun?

Depends.

If you have the time and can research what is widely available already and what isn't, you might well find that some of what you have could command a good price even if it doesn't 'seem' intrinsically valuable. I have a couple of paperbacks that were only printed once or printed privately--and I couldn't believe the asking prices (£70+). And when I needed to consult an old academic book on Psychical Research, it cost me about £40.

Condition is king, mind you.

This must be a drawing of the CUF:
1*-buI9YgU-Zz0fdpMJsCcsg.png

http://omgfacts.com/what-killed-9-people-at-the-dyatlov-pass/
Unrelated question:

Yes, it can be worth it. Some people do this as a business, but I do this as a hobby so it remains fun. I do keep a couple of rules of mine when it comes to selling: eg every few months I keep an eye on how people set the prices for their own copies so that I can adjust my own to prevent me charging too much. I also monitor how postage changes (I was caught out on January 1st this year).

Then there's EBay's cut of the final price. I Factor this into my price as there comes a point where if you charge too little, eBay's cut takes all the profit and you needn't bother.

Back