• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Ghost Hunt: Bolton [12/01/2019]

plastic wiganer

Ephemeral Spectre
Can i just say i have no involvement whatsoever with this, its just something myself and the wife have booked on to.
Ghost hunt at the WATERMILLOCK, (appears to be all one word!?) in BOLTON LANCS on Saturday 12th Jan. the venue is now a Toby Carvery but looks a nice old building with apparently some history. The wife found it advertised on facebook so i assume you can find more details on there

Can i just say i have no involvement whatsoever with this, its just something myself and the wife have booked on to.
Ghost hunt at the WATERMILLOCK, (appears to be all one word!?) in BOLTON LANCS on Saturday 12th Jan. the venue is now a Toby Carvery but looks a nice old building with apparently some history. The wife found it advertised on facebook so i assume you can find more details on there
I used to live 10 minutes from the Watermillock. It's an amazing late Victorian building, originally iirc built for the Thwaites brothers (of brewery fame). Have a great time and let us know if anything surprising happens.

Watermillock? Wonder if that derives from water mill lock?
Looking on the map, I can't see a water mill or a lock.

funny you should ask that, because i had been doing exactly the same thing. i have never heard of the place before even though i live no more than 10 miles away. thats why i put in brackets at the start (all one word?)
looks a nice building though so cant wait for Saturday now

Watermillock?

Named after the place in Cumbria? I may have visited the place but not the bar. TripAdvisor suggests folk are more impressed by the building than the service. I hope both are fine on the night and that the ghosts come out to play! :ghunt:

Watermillock? Wonder if that derives from water mill lock?
Looking on the map, I can't see a water mill or a lock.
Barley Brook runs past the back of the property. Could have been built on the site of a mill? There are one or two buildings still standing at the side of brooks in that vicinity which were probably water mills or parts thereof.

Just an update on last nights ghost hunt,
Well the Watermillock itself is a nice old building with lots of old original features, the "hunt" itself started with a seance session and then moved into the cellar - where amongst others, a small boy is believed to reside, we sat at a Ouija board on a table. inside here a couple of people felt they were being harrassed by a male presence. i placed a small bouncy ball on the board and in the darkness that followed, the ball mysteriously moved about 18 inches or so from where id left it. Was it the boy? - i have no idea.
After refreshments we then went into another cellar where the same presences also roam, personally i felt nothing and if anything the room felt quite normal.
some of us sepparated (sp?) off and went back upstairs to have a go on another Ouija board. myself my wife and another lady tried to coerce 'someone' into contacting us but to no avail apart from the planchet very slowly moving to the number 3 and doing nothing else afterwards.
So in summary it was a bit disappointing that not much happened BUT i suppose thats the nature of the business. At least it was something different to do on a Saturday night than getting drunk lol
Would i recommend it? - YES
Has it put me off doing another hunt? - NO NOT AT ALL - the wife is already looking at others to try!

avail apart from the planchet very slowly moving to the number 3 and doing nothing else afterwards.

in my experience the best that can be hoped for is one or two minor moments of weirdness, at their worst these things are an outright sham ... this evening sounds like one of the more palatable events

Just an update on last nights ghost hunt,
Well the Watermillock itself is a nice old building with lots of old original features, the "hunt" itself started with a seance session and then moved into the cellar - where amongst others, a small boy is believed to reside, we sat at a Ouija board on a table. inside here a couple of people felt they were being harrassed by a male presence. i placed a small bouncy ball on the board and in the darkness that followed, the ball mysteriously moved about 18 inches or so from where id left it. Was it the boy? - i have no idea.
After refreshments we then went into another cellar where the same presences also roam, personally i felt nothing and if anything the room felt quite normal.
some of us sepparated (sp?) off and went back upstairs to have a go on another Ouija board. myself my wife and another lady tried to coerce 'someone' into contacting us but to no avail apart from the planchet very slowly moving to the number 3 and doing nothing else afterwards.
So in summary it was a bit disappointing that not much happened BUT i suppose thats the nature of the business. At least it was something different to do on a Saturday night than getting drunk lol
Would i recommend it? - YES
Has it put me off doing another hunt? - NO NOT AT ALL - the wife is already looking at others to try!

i have been on lots of ghost hunts, hundreds of hours with precious little actual "paranormal" happenings, but that little is of great interest to me, and there are some great locations, its a huge pleasure just to creep through them at night time and not got arrested.

i have been on lots of ghost hunts, hundreds of hours with precious little actual "paranormal" happenings, but that little is of great interest to me, and there are some great locations, its a huge pleasure just to creep through them at night time and not got arrested.
i keep meaning to upload a recording from a couple years ago made during a night at manchester museum, of a clear inhale/exhale from inside a locked empty room ...

the people feeling harassed were 2 women (one more so than the other), also one chap at the opposite end of the room to myself felt someone stand on his foot!
I do think it was a shame really that there were too many people in such a small area if that makes sense? there were too many "living person"sounds. The organisers did say at the beginning that we could be shut in a room alone and blindfolded, but this didnt happen either or else i would have had a go.
I never mentioned before but i also took a voice recorder and used it throughout the night, but after listening back to it - nothing unexpected.
like i said earlier on, it was a fun night doing something different than normal in a nice old building.

Back