• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Ghost Hunters On YouTube Faking It

Vardoger

Make mine a 99
I think we can use this thread for Youtubers known for faking paranormal videos.

Franko TV is the first one. He was a likeable person making interesting videos, but he has been found to fake it once in a while.

Good idea for a thread! :twothumbs:

Good thing there isn't one of these for UFO videos as well. Or cryptids/Bigfoot. By default, I assume any of these are faked because of the monetization of youtube.

Another is Hasan Bar Bar, one of those Arabic door kicking bismillah screaming jinn hunters, revealed as fake in this video.

This is the problem when you introduce money in to the equation, people will lie, cheat and scam to get their hands on the filthy moolah
Yesterday browsing YouTube I noticed someone in the States talking about YT income. He regularly gets 30k views on his videos which earns him about $500 each. It's a complicated calculation I know, but I do wonder what the income is from those who get tens of millions of views.

I think we can use this thread for Youtubers known for faking paranormal videos.

Franko TV is the first one. He was a likeable person making interesting videos, but he has been found to fake it once in a while.

Rookie error in that Eldridge Hotel video (although not necessarily deliberate), he's got his K2 EMF meter on the bed with his phone right next to it. If he hasn't taken his phone of flight mode, that can and does interfere with EMF meters. I didn't watch the rest of that video.

Rookie error in that Eldridge Hotel video (although not necessarily deliberate), he's got his K2 EMF meter on the bed with his phone right next to it. If he hasn't taken his phone of flight mode, that can and does interfere with EMF meters. I didn't watch the rest of that video.
He's talking about Franko TV from 05:52 and forward.

Not YouTube but Hayley Steven’s is the guest on the latest
https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/some-other-sphere/id1459984683?i=1000538425166
She tells of a couple of hoaxes from her early days of ghost hunting, including catching the landlord of a supposed haunted pub “bang to rights” smashing glasses. He had hoped the publicity from Hayley’s band of marauding ghost hunters would attract Most Haunted and improve the business.

Not YouTube but Hayley Steven’s is the guest on the latest
https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/some-other-sphere/id1459984683?i=1000538425166
She tells of a couple of hoaxes from her early days of ghost hunting, including catching the landlord of a supposed haunted pub “bang to rights” smashing glasses. He had hoped the publicity from Hayley’s band of marauding ghost hunters would attract Most Haunted and improve the business.

The tragedy is I've known a few landlords who do this usually because they are pissed-up and not thinking about ghost hunting.

Paranormies has been a successful ghost hunter channel on Youtube.

This is the problem when you introduce money in to the equation, people will lie, cheat and scam to get their hands on the filthy moolah

I've just re-found this thread.
Talking of dubious practises where money is involved...

How about those locations who admit that nothing spooky is in evidence at their locations, but they still charge for spook chasing groups to access their venues? I can think of four or five right off the top of my head and one of them asks for extortionate four figure sums!

The trouble is that, these days, money doesn't even have to be involved. Some people are so desperate to be 'famous' that they will do almost anything to get their faces recognised.

An English channel with a house haunted on a daily basis. Debunked by The Shape.

Jump to 37:24 to hear a skeptic relate his ghost hunting jaunt which was creepy for its human elements, not its ghostly ones:

I expect the serious Fortean ghost hunters among you will share this narrator's exasperation with his companions.
Told with Irish flair and humor.

PS—other tales on this channel can be really gross and disturbing. I can't recommend the other tales as amusing.

Slapped Ham and Nuke's top 5 with their clickbait vids.
You will not sleep after watching this, don't watch this alone etc.
Laughable.

Back