• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Ghost-Hunting Companies

titch

Justified & Ancient
I thought it would be a good idea to have a thread where we could list the ghost hunting companies we have used and our experiences with them.

Haunted happenings are the group i have used the most, they are friendly and professional,i have been on four ghost hunts with them, the clink prison, the ragged school, the london tombs and avenue house and would recommend them .On the london tombs ghost hunt one of the members told me about newsham hospital being closed for repairs and advised me to get in touch simply paranormal, when simply paranormal hadn't said a word about newsham being closed.

Simply paranormal are the group i have used the second most,but i have given them the most money by far. I have done newsham hospital and bran castle with them. On the ghost hunting side of things they are ok, but i really CBA with the human pendulum, at the start of the newsham ghost hunt a member said she had been punched in the mouth, but when i was the human pendulum i was told off for tensing up and stopping the spirits move me, well if they can punch somebody they can move me if i am tensing up or not.

But on the customer service side of things they are very poor,when i acted on what haunted happenings had told me about newsham they didn't reply to any of my emails, didn't tell me the hunt was cancelled till the event was almost happening and i only got my refund when a friend who is a bit more "forceful" phoned them up and insisted. The ghost hunt at newsham in december was also cancelled, they didn't tell me that at all, i assumed it was but had no reply at all from emails and only got in touch with them 2 days before the event on facebook. They said emails notifying of the cancellation had gone out weeks before, i asked for a refund they said they would look into it. I eventually got my money back , but they didn't even tell me they had refunded me, i only realised when going through my bank statement.

The staff on the bran castle trip where nice, i am facebook friends with one of them, but some of the organization could have been better. Looking at ghost hunting pages on facebook there seems to be a lot of trouble and anger with simply paranormal so i wouldn't recommend them at this time.

UK ghost hunts are the only other group i have used, they were wonderfully friendly, i really enjoyed myself with them, but they used a lot of gizmos that i was unsure of how they worked, so any results with them were useless i suppose, and again they used the human pendulum, and again i was told off for forcing myself not to sway, in the dark at 3am, with my eyes closed and a bit on the tired side. When i did eventually sway i said it wasn't the spirits just the few other factors. But i would still recommend using them (they don't just provide the normal snacks, they bring cakes, sausage rolls and lots of others goodies)

What is the Human Pendulum please?
I presume that you allow the spirits to sway you in various directions in response to questions.

Or it coiuld just be that if stand still and close your eyes then you'll end up swaying.

#justsayin

Ghost haunting companies?

I use these guys.

rentaghost1.jpg

What is the Human Pendulum please?
Like wot ringo said, you are picked as a sacrificial victim from the group, two people will stand behind and in front of you to catch you if a spirit pushes you too hard.With simply paranormal i was asked to stand while questions where asked, if the spirits pushed me forward it was a yes, backwards a no...with uk ghost hunts i was asked to stand while the spirits where told to run into me and use their energy to move me.... yes thats exactly what i thought :p

Like wot ringo said, you are picked as a sacrificial victim from the group, two people will stand behind and in front of you to catch you if a spirit pushes you too hard.With simply paranormal i was asked to stand while questions where asked, if the spirits pushed me forward it was a yes, backwards a no...with uk ghost hunts i was asked to stand while the spirits where told to run into me and use their energy to move me.... yes thats exactly what i thought :p

whats the health and safety cover/plan on this? I'm serious and not taking the piss as I've done work in HS and know that if you are doing an event you need a plan. Been years though.

errrrrr....iirc they all have full public liability insurance....i am not sure if that covers pushed to the ground by spirits though

Back