• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Ghost Of Murder Victim Encourages Friend To Solve Case

James_H

And I like to roam the land
Not sure where to put this, it's a minor detail in the story really, but:

My best friend’s killer got away - until I made police try again

By 2004, 20 years after Angie was murdered, we had moved to Tennessee and I had two sons. One evening I was doing Bible study homework. I dreaded doing it. Whoever designed it did not design it for someone who's dyslexic - small print, close together, very tight - it's torture for me to read.

So I was reading and then I remember looking to the right and there was Angie. I thought, "Am I dreaming? Am I asleep? What is it?"

There was no talking, it was just her and her great smile.

I don't know if I believe in ghosts, but I have a lot of faith and I believe that there are messages, and at that moment I thought, "It's time." I leaned over to my nightstand and picked up the phone and called the Dallas Police Department, just like that.

Though it's just a weird footnote to the story, the idea of a ghost not resting until some kind of justice has been done is as old as time - for example in the Ancient Greek story of Athenodorus. I note that in this case, the apparition doesn't directly implore her friend for help - more that by appearing she gives her friend to press on and discover the truth behind her murder. Perhaps it can be explained as a hallucination: all along the friend didn't really believe that Russell was the murderer but she needed a bit of prompting from her subconscious mind to pursue the case again.

Though it's just a weird footnote to the story, the idea of a ghost not resting until some kind of justice has been done is as old as time - for example in the Ancient Greek story of Athenodorus. I note that in this case, the apparition doesn't directly implore her friend for help - more that by appearing she gives her friend to press on and discover the truth behind her murder. Perhaps it can be explained as a hallucination: all along the friend didn't really believe that Russell was the murderer but she needed a bit of prompting from her subconscious mind to pursue the case again.
I like how it finally turned out. The family and friend found the truth and the prime suspect was shown to be innocent all along.

Back