• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Ghost Or Demon?

DarknLost

Fresh Blood
So like a year ago, one night after I finished brushing my teeth and went out to the kitchen,as I looked out the window,I noticed our motion sensoring lamp that is right above our door flashing repeadetly. I thought it was our cat,but I still wanted to be sure. As I stepped out of the door,I noticed my cat was already sleeping. At this pont I started to freak out a bit,because I have had several weird paranormal experiences around my house before. As I was sitting in the kitchen scared and trying to figure out what it could have been,my lamp went flashing crazy again. Right after this,I started to hear some kind of loud whining,or evil laughing of a baby..it didn’t last that long,just a couple of seconds. I have no idea what it could have been. The most simple answer would be a ghost,however neither me or my parents don’t know anyone in my family that would have died at such a young age here.

Hedgehogs? They make a most unholy row, and will often set off motion detectors, but nobody ever looks down...

Sounds very scary though. Love to hear some more of your weird experiences round the house! Welcome to the board.

Could an insect or bat (chasing said insect) have set off the light? Could the noise have been from your cat? They can make incredibly unnerving noises when so disposed, which is often child or baby like.

Welcome :)

As others have said, I would postulate an animal of some sort... fox? Or could be an electrical glitch of some description perhaps (which would not explain the noise you heard, though). The thing is, noises that can seem perfectly reasonable if you can see the source, can take on a whole other meaning if you're already in a heightened state of panic or anxiety and cannot see where the noise is coming from.

Do you have a camera attached to said motion detector, (something to consider if this event happens again)?

The thing I don't understand about ghosts and motion sensors is surely there would have to be something physically there for the motion sensor to detect.

I have definatly heard some weird freaking noises at night, and the Fortean in me kicks into action and i think feck that, i aint getting out of bed in case whatever it is kills and eats me, or worse, eats me without killing me, no siree, i aint going to look

I have definatly heard some weird freaking noises at night, and the Fortean in me kicks into action and i think feck that, i aint getting out of bed in case whatever it is kills and eats me, or worse, eats me without killing me, no siree, i aint going to look
Don't forget to keep you feet and arms u.der the covers for the same reasons you have already mentioned. If any appendage is poking out of the bedcovers then they will take you/eat you/replace you/wear your skin. Just stating the rules is all!

Bed covers have magical, protective powers.

This reminds me of the time I heard something thumping against a 2nd story window where I was trying to sleep. I thought it was a bat, a not unprecedented invader there. They carry rabies, so I finished the night in another room, too scared to look behind the curtain. It turned out to be a poor moth trying to get out.

I've got young tawny owls in the tree outside at the moment. They make a kind of 'squeak-whistle' noise when they are calling their parents for food. It's fine and birdlike when you know what it is, but I can imagine someone who's never heard it before, finding it a bit scary.

It's eldritch, that's what it is.

So like a year ago, one night after I finished brushing my teeth and went out to the kitchen,as I looked out the window,I noticed our motion sensoring lamp that is right above our door flashing repeadetly. I thought it was our cat,but I still wanted to be sure. As I stepped out of the door,I noticed my cat was already sleeping. At this pont I started to freak out a bit,because I have had several weird paranormal experiences around my house before. As I was sitting in the kitchen scared and trying to figure out what it could have been,my lamp went flashing crazy again. Right after this,I started to hear some kind of loud whining,or evil laughing of a baby..it didn’t last that long,just a couple of seconds. I have no idea what it could have been. The most simple answer would be a ghost,however neither me or my parents don’t know anyone in my family that would have died at such a young age here.

I don't think it's a demon in any way shape or form and having spent years reading about this stuff I don't think you have anything to worry about

I've got young tawny owls in the tree outside at the moment. They make a kind of 'squeak-whistle' noise when they are calling their parents for food. It's fine and birdlike when you know what it is, but I can imagine someone who's never heard it before, finding it a bit scary.

It's eldritch, that's what it is.

My granddaughter had just brought her boyfriend up to see us (in Yorkshire) and was walking one evening down the side of my house, which has many trees and the path through them is dark.

There was this high pitched screech and said boyfriend almost passed out. 'What the hell was that'? he asked.

'An owl' was the reply, 'just an owl'.

INT21.

This puts me in mind of something I was listening to on R4 Saturday, apparently there is some political angst in France at the moment about protecting the natural noises of the countryside. Many people unfamiliar with the racket that surrounds us country dwellers are calling for action to get nature to shut up.

Frogs were specifically mentioned.

I don't think it's a demon in any way shape or form and having spent years reading about this stuff I don't think you have anything to worry about

Sounds absolutely terrifying and I'm glad you lived through your experience. Just a thought but did you have any battery operated speaking toys in the house? I only ask because one night about 3am, I was woken up by THE most god awful creepy demon voice, creepily slurring out indecipherable words in the still of the night! I was beyond scared and I was filled with more fear than I ever thought I could possibly feel. I made my other half go and investigate because I've seen enough horror films to know better than go myself! Several extremely long seconds passed before he returns to the bedroom with my son's Buzz Lightyear in his hand! Turned out the demon was actually Buzz whom my son had decided to take into the bath with him earlier that evening and it had (I'd thought) stopped working because water had screwed up the batteries. However, as Buzz began to dry out, the batteries must have kick started the mechanical voicebox and it had begun to "speak" with a water damaged, horrendously altered demon voice!! Scared the crap out of me and it went straight in the garden to terrify my neighbours!!

Back